Endtroducing

This is the best hip-hop album of all time.

Attached: images (7).jpg (220x216, 16K)

nope

Attached: littlejohnnyfromthehospital.jpg (500x492, 56K)

except it's not hip hop

No, Its unironically this. The only albums to come close are 36 chambers and Mystic Stylez

Attached: mad.jpg (320x320, 19K)

for real, It really feels more like a electronic album than it does a hip hop album

Trip Hop you dumb niggers, and yeah, Endtroducing was the peak of the genre.

Hip Hop. DJ Shadow said it himself.

Trip Hop is barley Hip Hop come on now

Thx.

That's not even the best MF DOOM album simp.

Attached: doomsday-I-cover.jpg (600x600, 127K)

just because he said it doesn’t make it true

Death of the author. An album of instrumentals can't be hip hop, DJ Shadow is an idiot savant it would seem.

The man who created Trip Hop can say anything he wants.

Doomsday is a great album, but the production is fucking nothing compared to Madvillainy

except massive attack predates dj shadow

>An album of instrumentals can't be hip hop
Yes it can.

Attached: 1559174545672.gif (230x230, 1.53M)

It's so obviously pic related.

Non-music spoken word segments
Drums way too high in the mix
Too sparse to maintain interest despite some creative production choices
Madlib's changing it up all the time, but DOOM's flow stays the same
Skit skit skit skit lmao

Attached: 220px-LilPump[1].jpg (220x216, 25K)

only if you're a fucking retarded anime pos-

oh wait

The production of Madvillainy is great, don't get me wrong, but the album drags on too long and the features from shit-tier literally who 5%Nation rappers ruins it.

Lol leave

Awful post my man, but I'll bite the bait.
>madvillainy
>doom flows on a piano loop
>pretty instrumental
>pretty instrumental
>pretty instrumental

I will say he couldve have gotten better features but that still don't take away from the greatness of other tracks. Madvilliainy too long??? Doomsday is 20 minutes longer with skits out the ass

Pic related is my vision of a 10/10 Madvillainy, hate on it if you wish.
Operation: Doomsday's skits have more soul, and they tell a story unlike DOOM's later shit where it's just "haha look, I made The Thing say he hates white people."

Attached: 20190809_201655.jpg (694x694, 206K)

Pauls Boutique

If we are talking about skits with soul then MM... Food has way more interesting skits. I'm confused about the The Thing saying he hates white people what album is that?

>Skits
I was being facetious but DOOM really likes to lay the political shit on thick sometimes.
>between me and you I kinda like bein' black
Mm Food is my second favorite DOOM album though, great from start to finish, especially that bit about edible wrappers.

Where does DOOM rank among your greatest of all time?

Hes definitely the most innovative rapper/producer in the game. He's at his best when he's rapping with a metered, even flow like on All Caps, and at his worst when he's trying his hardest to be cryptic with his references and indecipherable with his spit like on his shit with Czarface. Definitely the best rapper I know of in the game right now though, and his stage persona and concept albums are genius as well. He also introduced me to MF GRIMM who I definitely recommend if you like darker content. But that's just my opinion.

last night I listened to this with a nice pair of headphones at like 4 am. shut all the lights off and darkened my cpu, just laying in bed staring at the ceiling. cliche as it sounds, it was fucking magical.

Have you heard of Ka? If you havent try his album Honor Killed The Samurai you might like it.

>he has lights on his CPU
Do they make it go faster user?

which is why it's good lmao
fuck (c)rap and shithop

I won't even try to defend my computer I got a MacBook lmao. I just play games on the switch cause im a soi.

it's not even a hip-hop album

>its not hip hop
Why? Because there's no rapping?
>hurr durr its not hip hop, hip hop need vocals pfpfftbt
Are you all actually retarded? Do you not know what hip hop is?

it's not trip hop either

no rapping? no hip hop

>Do you not know what hip hop is?
If you think you know better feel free to define hip hop for us.

rapping is not an obligatory element of hip hop music and you're retarded if you think it is

>rapping is not an obligatory element of hip hop music
According to which definition of hip hop?

>you're retarded if you think it is
You are the retard who can't even define hip hop lol

imagine being wrong on the internet
now you don't have to
>inb4 th-that's not the REAL definition

Attached: 20190809_214953.jpg (658x360, 56K)

>Trip Hop

It's a fucking break record you knob

>no rapping? no hip hop

Hip Hop literally started with no rapping , just DJs juggling drum breaks

Attached: HuangZhong2.gif (150x150, 158K)

is there anything more autistic than caring so goddamn much about what genre an album belongs to?

Attached: 1550068806850.gif (511x512, 105K)

Nobody wants to admit the truth: that Endtroducing is in all reality just a middle-tier Plunderphonics album.

autism

See

>"see! What g-google said makes me right!!! You look sooo stupid now!! Haha!!"
Merriam-Webster dictionary defines it with more detail as "the stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rap", but I guess the Oxford definition Google spoonfed you is the one that makes you more right, and thats the one Google chose and not the one I use, so I guess I lose

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. How does it feel to be a loser user? Not good I bet.

Attached: 1507847481992.jpg (480x478, 20K)

Well, I lost an internet argument, I don't know how I'll be able to live with myself anymore, user, this is devastating

OP here, didn't realize I posted the wrong photo.

Attached: deadratsu.jpg (1200x1200, 363K)

Why

Don't give up hope user, the world would be a worse place without you in it. Heres the number to a 24 hr suicide hotline if you need it:
(605) 475 6967

>the stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rap
Endtroducing is "stylized rhythmic music"? Weird. Isn't all music "stylized rhythmic music" anyways?

>its an "arguing over the definition of music genres" episode
Literally any of you could've done a little bit of research on the history of hip hop and this wouldn't be an issue