1st listen

>1st listen
What the fuck is this shit
>2nd listen
Okay this isn't that bad actually
>3rd listen
One of the most amazing albums I've ever heard.

Why does this happen?

Attached: a2820509001_10.jpg (1200x1200, 500K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e5cKwku2Yro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

International makes me cry.

This but Loveless.

first time i listened to VDC i came ngl

International made me hang myself, I'm fucking dead. 6/10 stars.

>4th listen
Cried while listening to international

>1st listen
>What the fuck is this it doesn't sound like anything I know
>2nd listen
>My brain is starting to get used to this now
>3rd listen
>This sounds amazing because my brain knows what to expect yet it doesn't sound like any other music I've heard

>Why does this happen?
Because you crave acceptance from some sort of subculture. The internet music patrician subculture regularly praises this album and calls it an experimental masterpiece when really it's just an extremely accessible glitch pop album that went under the radar. You don't really like music, you just like the idea of music. When I first shared this album over a decade ago, I did it as sort of a joke because I found the album on some music blogspot and wondered how far these stick-up-ass pseuds would meme it. Sure enough, it worked. Doesn't change anything though. This album became youtube-rec/arthoe core now and the main dude roberto burgos or whatever is working at silicon valley as a codemonkey, completely lost out on living his dream job because you dumb fucks have the most basic "indie" taste otherwise. Fucking hell.

Is this a copy-pasta, it is now...

>You don't really like music, you just like the idea of music
>When I first shared this album over a decade ago
>youtube-rec/arthoe core

just stop jfc

Im saving this

reddit

I tried to play this at a party and they shut it off

Nice

Attached: 1507847481992.jpg (480x478, 20K)

International makes me cum

love at first listen

bump

Babies first experimental pop record
Cringe

what's experimental about it?

faggot

i usually dislike Yea Forums shit instantly and dont bother with a second listen. velocity design comfort was awesome right off the bat and didnt require any more listening for me to enjoy it

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-06-15_at_1.30.36_PM.jpg (800x450, 27K)

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that don't know that sweet trip have 2 other albums, an EP, a compilation album with other artists, and that roberto burgos has a solo project called .blacktunic
i shiggy de diggy

Combines the forms of electronic and rock music in a way that isn't just rock with synths, plus it has it's own recognizable sound due to the unique synth/glitch sounds and the way they process guitars. It combines shoegaze and electronic in a way that isn't that impressive now but the only reason for that is because this album is so established in the indie rock canon

i like you will never know why more.

ELDER GOD TIER
Design 2:3
Fruitcake & Cookies
Chocolate Matter
To All The Dancers In The World, A Round Form Of Fantasy

TOP TIER
International
Pro:Lov:Ad
Dedicated

GREAT TIER
5 Sept
Velocity
Tekka

GOOD TIER
DSCO

UNNECESSARY TIER
Design : 1

>International not in the "Makes Me Cry" tier

Discarded.

True men get emotional at the very ending of Design 2:3 because of how beautiful it sounds not fucking International

You ever tried listening to Design 1:2:3 back-to-back? There's a lot more build-up to it imo.

All songs belong in elder god tier, braindead retard
based

this is the same as their last album, You Will Never Know Why. I'm literally listening to vdc as we speak lmao. Sweet Trip is such an underrated gem

why would you play this at a party? you dont play artpieces at parties you play hype songs that are easy to listen to retard

>playing VDC at a party

top tier autism

Also Sweet Trip is honestly my favorite band, how are they this underrated.

Man.... really makes me wish there was parties with fellow patricians I could go to.

Until you find one just play songs like this instead of Sweet Trip:
youtube.com/watch?v=e5cKwku2Yro

this but its also Endtrocuding...

none of that is the least bit experimental or even groundbreaking

Attached: dead cities.jpg (600x597, 142K)

do you have an argument for that?

This was that album for me

Attached: deloused.jpg (1000x1000, 112K)

>DSCO that low

Fag.

Darkness comes to murder the sunshine, darkness comes to help me believe

Probably bait, but I'll bite.
I listened to this album because I liked the album art, long before I was browsing mu, or even that deep into music in general. To this day it's still one of my favourites, because it was my introduction to shoegaze, even if it only had slight shoegaze elements.
I wasn't trying to prove anything.
Your post is ultimate cringe user.

First listen sucked because you couldn't make it through the first track
Second was better because you at least got to dsco, then tuned out for the rest mostly
Third was the best because you experienced it in its entirety and realized how magnificent and incomparable it is to anything else

Dsco's the only good song

This is very accurate lol

>not forcing yourself to at least finish what you started.
Why would you turn off an album on first listen for any reason? You can't be this retarded, right?

>everything in fruitcake and cookies before breakdown baby

Hands down probobly the most beautiful thing ive ever heard, literally redifined how I saw music and what I want from it now, yet so little is like it it kinda pisses me off.

Please reccomend something like it, all I know is mid air thief and that doesn't scratch my itch.

Attached: 1557993558813.jpg (500x652, 13K)