"So Courtney Love came to us asking for advice for her 'secret' thing with Billy Corgan and I was like 'Fucking gross...

"So Courtney Love came to us asking for advice for her 'secret' thing with Billy Corgan and I was like 'Fucking gross, man.' because seriously, nobody liked that guy. He was such a crybaby and Smashing Pumpkins took themselves way too seriously and were in no way punk rock."

Attached: kim gordon.jpg (640x360, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rNJacSjRAd0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ho2nK5IQs_g
youtu.be/F0_6gP6DwEs?t=995
youtube.com/watch?v=bnxa1oRrBmE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Yeah, she [Courtney Love] offered me 50 grand to whack Kurt Cobain"
"You know, when she offered me money, god damn I wish I would have taken it man, but I know who whacked him"
>literally mysteriously dies 2 dies later

Attached: el duce.jpg (620x485, 36K)

Who ever said the pumpkins were punk and why does that matter you old skank?

Great story, Kim. We're all still waiting on you to write a single good song, though. Times a wastin

I remember Billy as explicitly saying he didn't like the Chicago punk scene or want to be associated with it.

atleast the pumpkins werent so far up their own asses. Sonic Youth is hipster garbage and is objectively a meme. The only good thing to come from Sonic Youth is the exposure they gave Nirvana and Dinosaur Jr.

At least they spanked Christgau good and made him into their bitch.

I agree. They do have a couple half decent songs. But to me, most of their recorded output sounds like out of tune and off key nonsense.

i remember seeing an article or something a few years back with lee ranaldo and he said he liked the smashing pumpkins for their uses of pedal effects

Sonic Youth is better than Pumpkins and it's not close. Pumpkins are one step ahead of mindless arena rock like Muse. I like them, but let's be reasonable. They didn't do anything as important as Sonic Youth did

her book reads like shes just namedropping all the famous artists and designers she knows

didn't he get run over by a train?

Some say he was run over by the grand funk railroad. RIP a true legend of rock.

yes courtney hijacked the train, before subduing him on the tracks. she is the most dangerous living female assassin in the world after all. she's probably going to kill next, better start running user :-(

yeah i kind of had the suspicion that Kim is pretty shallow based on her derivative, lame "paintings."

Yes. While he was drunk, may I add....

RIP el duce

>least talented member of Sonic Youth bitches about someone who can fart out better tunes than she can
Worthless cunt. Always has been.

Also didn't Grace Slick peddle a bunch of schlocky paintings of Jimi Hendrix and white rabbits?

>she is the most dangerous living female assassin in the world after all. she's probably going to kill next, better start running user :-(

"hey guys, can my girlfriend join the band? she's kinda hot!"
"sure thurston..."

Ok guys, can you tell me.....is there any woman in alternative music who doesn't seem to behave as a giant cunt?

Attached: metalnotmetalt.jpg (1568x664, 370K)

We should probably sit back and listen to some Mentors right now...

youtube.com/watch?v=rNJacSjRAd0

that's alright, skin graft is 10 times what the pumpkins are.
>atleast the pumpkins werent so far up their own asses
you have no fucking clue. on personalities, corgan is just as bad as sy on the pretentious scale

>Designers
Interesting, I remember reading a while back that Kim was pissy over how much the fashion industry embraced Courtney.
A few years ago Kim got her chance by being in a campaign for the brand Saint Laurent...but Courtney was asked to do it too which probably had her fuming. She’s definitely the type that would never have allowed another girl to join Sonic Youth

Attached: 34EB80E2-170C-4DFD-BB6E-EF1A4AACAC96.jpg (630x294, 55K)

I haven't heard of Hayley being a cunt but I could be wrong.

Probably not. But I always thought Melissa Auf De Mar was pretty cool. Though my judgement might have been clouded by the fact that she was also pretty nice to look at...

based

Goddamn are women ever petty and vicious to each other. Like, Debby Harry still hates Madonna for knocking her from her spot.

Kim Deal seems like a cool wine aunt

Regardless of what you think of SY, there's no question that Billy is the biggest self-absorbed douche unhung.

Billy Corgan always wanted to be huge dude. He didn't give a shit about alternative rock or punk. He wanted SP to be one of the greatest rock bands ever, just like his idols. He wanted to sold out stadiums and sell millions. SP sold out since always. Read Cherub Rock's lyrics.

i only see manson, iggy pop, and courtney

melissa is still qt

Attached: hole_2017.jpg (750x751, 74K)

Let the man be. He wrote and recorded all by himself 3 of the best albums of the 90s. 2 of them being masterpieces. He was one of the, if not the best songwriter of the 90s.

You are wrong. Very, very wrong.

true, he might be cunt... but at least he's a talented one

kek what a terrible opinion

Kim also shit on Mariah Carey at that one concert in the 2000s, but that was kind of deserved anyway.

Melissa was such a qt. I still would.

which Hayley? Williams? mega cunt confirmed if that's who you mean

Have to agree. And not just because of those trips.

Ok fag.

Hayley is the ultimate bitch and she forced her bandmates to bend to her whim and fired anyone who disagreed with her artistic vision.

do you have a last name for that Hayley? are you talking about the Paramore girl?

>nirvana
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I love the Pumpkins but I dislike his "Im a genius" look at me thing

Why everyone shits on Corgan? Every interview I've seen of him he was really nice and pleasant to listen to, he said anything douche-y or pretentious.
Is it because he was a control freak back in the 90s? Well his control resulted in some of the best music of that decade so he's forgiven.

>he never said
Fixed.

he's pretty full of himself. he still thinks he's some sort of god in the music industry because of the clout he accrued in the 90s. he's definitely smart and knows what he's talking about, but he just has delusions of grandeur in terms of where he is in the pecking order now.

zwan negates all that work

This is the most darkly hilarious interview ever
>dude says he's willing to reveal everything if they buy him a beer, they don't give a fuck and leave him
>woman screaming on the background, everyone shuts the fuck up
>woman screams again and then he screams to distract them
>he's got a fly swatter
youtube.com/watch?v=Ho2nK5IQs_g

i feel like some of the shitting is just an exageration, but for the most part it is warranted. of course you get people jumping on the bandwagon to hate him for the sake of shitting on him. but yes he has a history of being a control freak, and has said things that make it seem like he sees himself as a musical genious.

He abused D'arcy and insulted her while she was pregnant.

Yeth.

I always thought Debbie Harry was based

>That awkward laugh when he realised he just snitched out his friend's name
Kek

Billy also subjects audiences to his new, shitty music whether they want to hear it or not.

oh yeah, turbo cunt and possibly a pathological liar, at least according to one of those brothers she fired

That's probably the biggest mistake a musician can make live. I get that they want to play something new and not just the same old tunes they've played for years and years. But they need to realize that most of their core audience want to hear the old stuff because that's what they're most familiar with.

Did he beat or rape her? Or are you one of these fags who thinks that being mean counts as abuse?

Lavren is also a cunt.

Who?

the girl from Churches

darcy was never had a kid though

exactly

Oh

>as important as Sonic Youth did
Which was...?

Exactly!!!!

Quite a few. Paz from APC is really nice in person, when I met her. The bitchy ones just get more press, bitchy sells articles and clicks.

Partly the reason they were able to book arenas on their “reunion” tour last year was because they pretty blatantly promised it’d be a career retrospective and lean heavily on old stuff. I don’t mind older bands playing a decent amount of new material live if it’s good, like when I saw Radiohead a few years ago and they played most of A Moon Shaped Pool, but most of the post-Machina Pumpkins output has been total shit.

I could only imagine what her mental state is like at this point.

Attached: 15505689257642.png (433x804, 753K)

Remove all the makeup with a shovel and that metal woman turns out to be a 70 old lady with plastic surgery

no, no, anons. you guys got it all wrong. sonic youth and smashing pumpkins are both garbage.
the comment about Nirvana and Dinosaur Jr. though is pretty based.

nirvana's a great band, user

She's 32 dumbass

Attached: nitastrauss.jpg (640x640, 126K)

I'll only ever remember her for fucking up right away when she tried to copy Marty Friedman
youtu.be/F0_6gP6DwEs?t=995
youtube.com/watch?v=bnxa1oRrBmE

16:30 in the first video

Kek, I'm sure Friedman's weeaboo ass was excited to do that