Just marathoned this

What did I think of it?

Attached: Slipknot-We-Are-Not-Your-Kind.jpg (920x920, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

loudersound.com/news/slipknots-clown-ready-to-unleash-album-recorded-during-all-hope-is-gone-sessions
youtube.com/watch?v=c8LnHIODRMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

idk you tell me

this is music that people listen too before they shoot up a school.

or maybe before fuck your mom

You thought it was a masterpiece

Attached: Screenshot_20190808031502_01.jpg (1080x729, 90K)

It's pretty shitty honestly

half of it sounds like updated versions of old songs. the new stuff is to experimental for them and sounds awkward. the album has no flow. the cover art is shit.

that said its better than AHIG and on par with .5

I'm officially living in Crazy World

I take that back. It's fucking awful

Some songs start well but then they have some bullshit Stone Sour choruses. Nero Forte starts out strong but then goes to fuck

post your top 5 of the year

It's great

It's better than Iowa

You can't be trying to defend this album can you?

+5 credits have been deposited to your account

9/10

What the fuck

Yeah, not even close pal

remove death because of death and what's next

seriously, what the fuck were the point of these

Attached: 1557719328138.png (1400x1400, 987K)

Unsainted is catchy as fuck.

Slipknot have managed to slowly, but really consistantly become less and less likable over the last ten years.

> Spend early career talking about 'the family' and 'the nine' and how nobody can have what this group of people have
> bassist and a good chunk of the talent dies 2008
> Clown takes over the art direction after AHIG (holy shit)
> Joey, a big part of the personallity leaves because of big business
> Nose man leaves because of big business
> Around this time I predict future headlines saying how Slipknot has to continue to be, it doesnt matter who is a part of it.
> Songwriting became predictable
> Slipknot now have their own music festival
> Clown is a cunt, Cory is a bit of a cunt
> Cory explains that he'd like Slipknot to continue after he's done.
> art direction is awful
> Havent heard a good riff from the band in a good five years
> music videos are shilling for movies

Honestly Slipknot is more of a business or a brand now than an actual band. Same goes for Periphery, but that's a different kettle of fish, at least they seem to have some integrity.

I honestly think it would be better if they just stopped making music and let the "band" die

marathoned?

Ten years ago I wanted Mick, the guitarist to go his own way and start doing some death metal, but I havent heard a single thing guitar wise since then that has even sparked a little interest in me.

they are supposed to be saving money with the DIY efforts of clown. its easy to think that everything is definitely not cut equal. especially since going back since before the bands inception clown was known for being shady. alot of this stuff was already happening but yea since AHIG its gone way downhill.

doubt that they just released a mega hit.

he listened to all songs simultaneously to finish the album asap and form a coherent opinion

Attached: DenshaDeD_ch01p16-17.png (1353x976, 328K)

The riffs are all so bland now and this album was a slog to get through. I had to force myself to finish it. I'm not a fan of Jay's drumming either

>release an album called "We Are Not Your Kino"
>it actually is kino
Jesus, how did Slipknot fuck up so bad?

Jim > Mick

side projects killed this band.

and later this year when corey, jim, clown, and sid release their secret sessions they did on the side during AHIG it'll cause another tear. and you wont see the band for 5+ years but hey, theres always stone sour.

I used to be a pretty die hard fan, AHIG was the first album I waited for release and ran to town to buy with my own money, I'd have been 13 lol. I don't even know if Ill listen to the new album, the band is just so unlikable these days and honestly the singles disgusted me.

theyre a top bill band. its not gonna fail.

and theres not enough competition to set the bar.

Secret AHIG sessions? Are you being hyperbollic or is that a thing? From what I've heard that era was really difficult for the band creativelly.

I need at least 3 listen throughs before I give an opinion.
Idk how you can even remember everything after 1 listen. 2nd and 3rd listens give me those "oh this song sucked, or, oh this song was great" moments that help back my opinion.

They thrive because any metalhead in the world will go to their highly energetic concerts which are always sold out, regardless if they listen to the band at home.

agreed sometimes itll take me up to a week, change of mind can happen over night

its real.

loudersound.com/news/slipknots-clown-ready-to-unleash-album-recorded-during-all-hope-is-gone-sessions

he ain't gotsda bawllz ta do it

my own opinion after two listen throughs so far and spot listening

1. solway firth
2. orphan
3. unsainted
4. red flag
5. birth of the cruel
6. critical darling
7. nero forte
8. a liars funeral
9. not long for this world
10. spiders
11. what's next
12. insert coin
13. death because of death
14. my pain (7 minutes of nothing)

I don't really see what people hear in spiders. it just doesnt do it for me and I tried a couple extra times

It's frustrating because Clown is one of my lease favorite people in the music industry, but his drum work is genuinely iconic in the Slipknot sound, the percussive heavy production is their thing, no one else really sounds like slipknot in that regard, he's probably a big key to their success.

Spiders just adds to the experimental portion of the album. I liked it a lot, especially the funky shredding half way through.

>normie hears interludes for the first time
fuck off back to neverland

wait what

don't let this distract you from the fact this releases today

Attached: !.png (1000x1000, 480K)

>I don't really see what people hear in spiders
my first thought was
youtube.com/watch?v=c8LnHIODRMM
and I was hyped. but then that depleted.

Idk Spiders seems more like a song Id hear from Mushroom Head.

>7 minute prelude of corey mumbling in the background
so patrician of you to like it

all can agree Critical Darling fucking rocks

of all the people to die or go to jail recently and this guy still "creates" music.

My Pain > Spiders

I think it should have had all out life. it would've kept the experimentation grounded a little more

It is a bonus track at least

where the fuck did you pull the 7 minutes from

My pain is the worst track of their career

maybe you just dont know what love is

he doesn't understand there's also experimental rock songs on the album

I'M ALL FUCKED UP AND I MAKE IT LOOK GOOD

I'M SICK AS FUCK
I'M IN MY PRIME, WHAT DO YOU WANT?

50/50 Trash/Ok

>One of these songs Til We Die featured on the digipak release of All Hope Is Gone

If it sounds like this id release that shit ASAP. Its just as good if not better than anything on WANYK

HEY HEY DRAMA, I'D LOVE TO BE A WASTE OF YOUR TI-IME-IME

let's see yours?

THEY'LL SMOTHER THEIR OWN JUST TO FEEL YOU
THEY'LL GET YOU ALONE JUST TO STEAL YOU!
THEY'LL EAT YOU ALIVE JUST TO KILL YOU!
NOBODY WILL EVER HAVE YOU
YOU USED TO BE SOMETHING SPECIAL
NOW YOU'RE NOTHING NEW!

You guys are both fucking autistic. And I said it’s the worst of their career for a reason. No fucking shit there’s experimental songs on the album, not like they haven’t done it before. Doesn’t excuse the song from being ass. Try tracks like tattered & torn or Iowa for experimental tracks that don’t suck

Those two songs are completely different, Spiders is them outright going into an Industrial Rock and doing it pretty damn well.

First of all, no it’s not. It’s not the worst thing ever but certainly not a good track. Second, I never mentioned spiders. I said my pain is the worst track of their career

Unsainted
Nero Forte
Birth of the Cruel
Solway Firth
Critical Darling
Red Flag
A Liar's Funeral
Spiders
Not Long for This World
Orphan
My Pain
Inesert Coin
Death Because
What's Next

im too tired.
anyway, my pain is great too

I agree. theres nothing in the fucking song lol

not bad, but not a fan of orphan?

My Pain is the pleb filter
Top 5:
1. Orphan
2. My pain
3. Birth of the cruel
4. Solway firth
5. Spiders

kek my pain's great.

I mixed up Orphan and My Pain and couldn't listen atm. After checking I'd have to rank Orphan above Liar's Funeral and below Red Flag

Well thats the great thing about music, its open for interpretation. My thoughts, feelings, so far, seem to not hate My Pain and in this moment id rather hear it than some of the other songs on this album.

My Pain is one of those songs that I'd listen to half-asleep in bed, or on an overseas flight, not even paying attention, but still enjoying it. Am I making any sense with that one?

It's a very simple track. Relax and just let it take you over, don't go in with the wrong perception.

Top 5:
Unsainted
Critical Darling
Birth of the Cruel
My Pain
Nero Forte

hey user, whatever works for you. You dont have to convince me of anything.

exactly. im just listening letting my mind wander. im not going in trying to judge it like my opinion means anything.

And it wandered to a dark place about relationships, obsessive, abusive. its great.

Who knew Yea Forums would unironically take Slipknot seriously in 2019? Truly strange times we're living in...

Nice choices, but here's mine in no particular order:
Solway Firth
Red Flag
Orphan
Spiders
A Liar's Funeral

it's Solway Firth for me

Holy fuck Nero Forte is cool but it and other songs sound like they belong to a different band

which band?

theres a part in Birth of Cruel that gave me a Sepultura Roots vibe.

Not any particular band but some of it just doesn’t seem very ‘Knotty to me but what do I know

I think theres enough "knot sound" there but yea, I get ya.

Death Because of Death sounds like it should be on a Tyler, the Creator album

LIIIIIAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

>being excited for a Slipknot album
Jesus christ these people are just Hot Topic customers that never grew up.

It's bullshit half the tracks wouldn't be out of place in nudoom if you removed the vocals and the other half belong in a children's play they are so fucking soft there is NOTHING good or even approaching creative about this fucking album it's literally "Corey Taylor's midlife crisis" the fucking album

Fucking bullshit I'm glad I didn't pay for it

metal AOTY

I understand your still emotional after the passing of xxx but please refrain from lashing out and keep your posts to your Billie Ellish thread.

When I poop I hear Corey Taylor crying between my butt cheeks..... His screams are muffled by the depths of my toilet bowl, never to be heard again.

glad I'm not retarded - or at least not the only retard - for being like this

or what, you'll think he has shit taste? oh no

clown was always the art direction that was always his biggest contribution to the band since self titled, image, costumes everything

>mfw Nero Forte
Holy fuck man

Attached: colette.png (654x476, 349K)

spbp

>marathoned
the absolute state of mu

Yes

Nero Forte
Solway Firth
Spiders
Red Flag
Critical Darling

replace Critical Darling with All Out Life if that made it onto the album

this alien looking mother fucker

the only slipknot song with riffs is gematria

I want to know what's wrong with his eyes. Why are they the way they are? I can't put my finger on why they always look weird

I think Jay was a decent replacement for Joey but 2 things that bother me about the drumming is he's always trying to do really fast snare fills and the Zildjian A Custom crashes he's using in every song sound too bright, i just find it annoying on the ears

>Slipknot is more of a business or a brand
>Same goes for Periphery

Funny how you mention Periphery, given that Misha is literally a half-kike lol

I don't know much about periphery but I didn't know they were like that too

This album is damn perfect

Is that legit praise or are you just excited because it's a new album? I wonder if people will like this after a week of it settling in

No legitimately this sounds like the culmination of 20 years of the ‘knot.

Everything I never knew I wanted from the boys.

Super hype on it

Cool. I'm excited to hear it when I'm done work today. I just hope it's better than .5

Source on him being shady before slipknot?

>Death Because of Death

Attached: 1288380280971.gif (280x324, 1.39M)

Yeah it’s def better than .5

I really like the album

Attached: bJ120.png (288x288, 312)

Intro and outro of My Pain literally shit all over bleeps.

>metal band makes better synth music than actual synth autists

Holy hell, mogging of the year.

>normie tier album gets good reviews
"you can't trust reviewers anymore! who takes critics seriously nowadays lmaooo!!!!1111
>album you want to like gets good reviews
"dae masterpiece?!!??!"

This board is becoming more and more Reddit every day.

its one of the best on the album, the chrous is killer

APOLOGIZE

Attached: 888a5ef5654426d96725c4dd4050ca7f.jpg (400x600, 48K)

i remember begin an edgy 13 year old

Jay > Joey

He’s way faster on this record than anything Joey ever did

Plus jay is far more technical

Orphan is insane

Unsainted, Orphan and Nero Forte are the best tracks, they rip but the rest is meh to trash. Seriously Corey, I would listen to Stone Sour if I wanted to listen to your corny clean voice.

Slipknot's main fanbase are in their very late 20s and mid 30s. Edgy 13 yr old don't listen to them anymore.

Red Flag, Birth of the Cruel, A Liars Funeral, Spiders are solid too

>you know what? I think I might contribute this time
What was his problem?

based

My point was that Jay Weinberg is a superior drummer.

In short, Jay can (and does) play everything Joey wrote, but Joey couldn’t play everything Jay has written (even at his prime, before the health issues)

I mean Joeys bands since slipknot have been bottom tier garbage. Jay was in Against Me!

Jay is a maggot through and through and really saved the band

Shit I'm sorry I mean to quote:

>I need at least 3 listen throughs before I give an opinion.
patrician desu. I'm the same.

There's a ton of clean vocal songs in Self Titled.

looked this up and its just another shilling for a shit film. what fucking sellouts desu. pathetic band thats so past it. cancel slipknot already

This. I really want to know this story

Iowa too, Left Behind was almost entirely cleans
Skin Ticket, Iowa and Gently has the spoken word stuff that I hear everyone complaining about on the new slipknot songs (Custer, all out life, etc)

Everyone is just clouded by nostalgia

Sounds unfounded to me
I mean clown is my least favorite part of the band too
But I have never heard anything other than him being like a father to the boys (he’s oldest)

>faster=better!
If you like Jay, that's truly good for you. I think Joey's writing is far better than anything Jay's done for the band. Joey really shines in Vol. 3 (The Nameless or Danger Keep Away-Extended are good examples).
I find Jay all over the place, really ADHD style (not in a good way). It's interesting but also hard to watch his drum cam videos on YouTube, he's all over the place but it doesn't seem to fit..
Not trying to shit on you, I just think Joey's the better drummer.
On a personal note, I really dislike the Zildjian cymbals Jay uses, I don't think they fit well in the songs

New guy brought a lot to this record
Good riddance Chris is gone

Suprisingly, yeah, Chris leaving was for the best, in the end.
Fuck off, you big nose jerk off.

I doubt he actually performed on it or wrote anything

Clown's annoying because he's so pretentious and such an "artist". In general he just babbles about bullshit and thinks he's a scholar

Yeah he seems like an idiot
He acts like he’s the mastermind behind the band when in reality he bangs some drums to add a layer of percussion and does fucking awful vocals

Is it safe to say he's the Kanye of metal?

No that’s Danzig

New guy is Corey's son

Say what you want about him, but I do find it crazy (if the accusations are true) he's been in the band for over 20 years and isn't paid like the rest of the original members

Did you guys actually buy the album?

My Pain ending is literally one of the best shit they ever written. And its all electronic.

Damn.

Yeah
Ordered all colors of vinyl from each region

Better than .5

Probably their best since Iowa

Comes nowhere close to s/t though

I will later today when I get a chance

based

Top kek

>implying Slipknot isn't normie tier

It's their best album since IOWA

> better than Iowa

FTFY

Crahan is a dick but to be fair he writes alot of their sound

oh shit its out?

Will he do a review

Attached: anthonyfantano_800x450.jpg (800x450, 69K)

Slipknot sucks and I refuse to listen to it.

Yes and he'll probably hate it for some dumb reason

Critical darling is a sham