Holy shit it fucking sucks ahahahah

Holy shit it fucking sucks ahahahah
You have to be a literal poser shitter to like such trash or just deaf.
Literal trash, no wonders critics say it inspired indie shit

Attached: velvet-underground-velvet-underground-and-nico-e1374950165731.jpg (900x900, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=h3h--K5928M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based
Basically the same song repeated over and over

Thinking Scaruffi gave Sgt pepper a 7 and this a 9 lmao

nah that shit rules

plebs filtered
go back listen to dream theater

Sunday Morning
>I-IV-I-IV
Waiting for the Man
>I-IV-I-IV
Femme Fatale
>I-IV-I-IV
Heroin
>I-IV-I-IV
There She Goes Again
>I-IV-I-IV
I'll Be Your Mirror
>I-IV-I-IV

>SIMPLE CHORD PROGRESSIONS BAD
holy brainlet

Not if well executed, no.

In the case of VU&N it's literally the same progression done the same way over and over again though.

I love The Velvets precisely because they suck. I kinda love rooting for the underdogs.

The more simple it is, the less opportunity for it to be interesting.

Nice try though.

That's a really one-dimensional way to judge music. Do you only listen to tech death, classical and jazz? Lots of stuff like outsider, folk, ambient, drone is pretty interesting

Attached: 1543959804732.jpg (399x385, 29K)

musically, the album is a 6
people praise it because it's influental and critically acclaimed.

>The more simple it is,
The best art explores more sophisticated and intense emotions in simple and direct ways, as does TVU&N. Complicated style is not necessary for layered substance.

lou reed songs are good
the nico songs are bad

All Tomorrow's Parties is the best song on the album.

no, heroin is

This is not valid criticism. Don't you see that it takes skill to create a classic album with tools that anyone can use.

You can be Coltrane and practice one million hours until you are better than everyone, or you can be TVU and create magic with simple means.

No way is better than the other, in the end what counts is if the music touches the soul of many listeners or not.

based

How come a bunch of untalented musicians that sound like they've picked up their instruments one month earlier Than the record touch your soul? Couldn't it be you just have shit taste and don't have standards?

my taste is fine and probably much more well-versed than yours if you just heard TVU&N right now.

However, going all adhonominem about my taste is not gonna get it done. This album is universally praised and cited as an enourmous influence by countless bands. You can dismiss me but you can't dismiss everyone.

i’d take your opinion a little more seriously if you didn’t write like a junior high schooler
>XD SPORK

t. cringe metalhead child

It still remains a shit album with really few decent ideas badly executed.
I'm sorry I only display my intellectual vocabulary when discussing good bands

youtube-tier music understanding right here

>adhonominem

Could you list some bands that you believe to be 'good'?

Uuuuh okay...
Not in any particular order:
The Who, the Animals, the Beatles, zeppelin, deep purple, Blue oyster cult, Cream, Clapton, Freak kitchen, Sabbath, Motley cure, maiden, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Chuck Berry, Doors, Beach Boys, Jefferson airplane, Jethro Tull, Van Halen, Dio...
Are you gonna tell me they are shit and VU is good?

no, i was just curious what you liked

>Boomer listening to boomer bands doesn't get TVU
Color me shocked

19 year old zoomer here (not the guy you replied to)
my grandpa mostly likes boomer bands like that but he actually got really excited when he found out i liked the velvet underground
i think it's just because the band itself is old; i doubt he's actually very much of a fan

Imagine being op

Attached: 1564968640477.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

You named only 2 good bands thats are still nowhere as good as tvu

Oh, I like rock and many of its subgeneres, but I never
Everything from the 60-70 is boomer music, stop deluding yourself.
Get the best song of any band from my list and compare it to the best VU song. Come the fuck on... It sound so amateurish wtf, and I hate the way he sings, it's like always a semitone away from the note he should sing, it sounds out of key and like he isn't even trying.
What made this album so famous?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=h3h--K5928M

Ahahah sure buddy.
Let me guess, Beatles and beach Boys?
I'll add to the list my boys Ram Jam

This is the majority of 60s psych to be fair.

I agree

personally I love The Velvet Underground. definitely one of my favourite bands. with a great, diverse discography.

>motley crue
fucking lmao, this after criticizing the simple songwriting of VU

Even twinkle twinkle little star has more complex songwriting Than VU. Motley cure have some bangers.
My dad is a ultra boomer and was in his twenties in the 60ies, and he told me they got famous for their taboo topics more than anything, it was about being against the status quo, drugs etc. So they basically got famous cause they were edgy uh?

>Oh, I like rock and many of its subgeneres, but I never
What did he mean by this?

probably the beatles and led zeppelin were the two

>60ies
this tells us all we need to know, folks

>musically, the album is a 6
wtf does this even mean.

Embarrassing post

You're all so embarrassing