Where does Yea Forums buy their LPs? any good online stores for new records?

where does Yea Forums buy their LPs? any good online stores for new records?

Attached: dirty-records.png (700x429, 566K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RuUg2EPGX9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe5V3-sWQeA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

discogs

^ that and ebay

Recordmania.se is the best store outside of Japan if you are into negro-music.

Aside from that, Discogs.

>OH BOY, I LOVE VINYL

Attached: soyest-mouth.jpg (600x900, 138K)

(you)

don't buy online, it totally defeats the point of buying LPs. If you wanted to just spend money on a hobby collect funco pops or whatever gay trend is popular. That or download a flac, it's the same thing. If you actually wanna get into the hobby go to record stores, flip through their stuff, find new things to listen to. go outside and have fun

you have a point, going out digging is fun but still, some stuff never ever turns up and it's better to Discogs a record you really want than to never get the chance to buy it.

Isley Brothers go for your guns is impossibly rare where I live, but it costs 6 bucks on Discogs. Just seems ridiculous to spend a lifetime looking for a record like that in a physical shop.

I work at a record store. I get most of mine at work.

We have a stupid policy where we have to wait 90 days before buying a record once it enters the store. This is to give the customers a fair chance before buying all the good stuff for ourselves. I usually don't get the records I want because of this. Somebody always gets them first.

It's a good policy.

I worked at a record store as well and I bought literally every good jazz record to see the shop.

My collection is fantastic but our jazz-customers think the store is shit.

>no don't buy vinyl online go out and pay $20-$30 on a hunk of plastic that you don't even know if you'll like
nigga i only buy records that i already know i enjoy

I know it's a good policy, but it's bad for me. I want the good shit lol

hahaha!

Yeah, I can relate.

>paying 20-30 for records
Oh dear

that's how much they cost new
i'm not buying a scratched up record

Have a record shop in town I usually buy from, but also do online orders as well.

Just stop working there lol.

the trick is to finding the records that are 10 bucks in top condition, and really good.

Margie Joseph Phase 2 I bought for 9 dollars and it's a masterpiece.

youtube.com/watch?v=RuUg2EPGX9Y

And if you don't like Soul, I bought Byrds Fifth Dimension for 10 bucks as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fe5V3-sWQeA

discogs is best for old and obscure stuff
if you're looking for newer (2009 and later, still in print) major label releases, amazon is actually probably your best bet (also, band/record label websites)
ebay has a good selection but grades can be misleading and you'll probably pay more than discogs, because more demand on ebay = higher prices by comparison

Honestly, I don't think overgrading shuld be a problem when you buy used.

This is what I do;

Buy from a major seller, thousands of positive ratings at a minimum.

If they sell you over-graded shit (it happens) just email them and demand partial refund, you'll get it every time if you know your stuff and can explain why the grading is wrong.

But, this only works if you buy from established sellers.

Just have a friend buy stuff for you.

I bought a few lps online but mostly I stick to physical stores.

>if you're looking for newer (2009 and later, still in print) major label releases, amazon is actually probably your best bet (also, band/record label websites)
I've had good luck with Discogs lately for new stuff. eBay has the occasional bargain too. Packing is more of a crapshoot with Amazon.