Tool + Ragas

Why does listening to Tool make me want to listen to Indian Ragas, Yea Forums?

Attached: tool_fear_inoculum.jpg (640x613, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

waitbutwhy.com/2013/08/putting-time-in-perspective.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ploqMlpJG9I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Could it be the overt references to Indian music, including the inclusion of Indian instruments?
Or maybe it's just the Temple of Saturn compeling you to seek out a guru.

Because they use pedal points and polyrhythyms like ragas do, plus tabla and that shimmery sound akin to a tanpura or sitar.

Why are there so many threads on this shitty album?

We're being raided

>10 years to sound the same
really the best band of this millennium

It hasn’t even came out yet moron.

Because their literal cult following is desperately trying to make them cool somewhere besides Reddit, and it's not even going well on Reddit.

Attached: 6345n.jpg (856x365, 81K)

>Or maybe it's just the Temple of Saturn compeling you to seek out a guru

I mean, they always make me figure it out on my own anyway at some point, so I'm not sure what the point in one is anymore.

And those who I've tried to be a guru toward have caused me more pain than anything I've ever experienced.

I dig your sarcasm, though. I didn't actually realize that the references were overt, or that they used Indian instruments.

Thanks for confirming what I wasn't sure I heard, though.

>popular band
>hasn't released music in 13 years
>has never been on streaming
>releases new music
>releases stream capturing a brand new audience
>whole album comes out in 3 weeks

Why ya'll talking about music on a music picture board for?

Yea Forums isn't sending their best.

>popular band
amongst boomer retards and the deaf

go seethe somewhere else, trumpette.

Dude, I don't know. I only heard about it because of No Life Shaq. I didn't even know they were still making albums.

But if a bunch of people pay attention to something at the same time, then you have to wonder if "shitty" is really the best word for it. You don't have to like it, but I think the term for that is "unimportant to you."

Maybe things that are unimportant to you aren't necessarily shitty tho, and are actually significant to others.

They're not better than you, but they just hear different things than what you think are shitty.

You probably hear significance in things that they'd call shitty.

Nobody wins.

>hates tool
>can't avoid tool threads

folks, not sending their best

You are a fucking dunce.

>exposing yourself as a redditor

>jealous of my repeating digits
>literally can't contain his seethe
>also supports neo-cons
I'm not much liking this new generation of Yea Forumsposters.

Are you all right in the head?

SEETHING

Attached: tenor.gif (498x359, 408K)

>Brings up Trump over a reference
>M-Muh numbers. I win
>B-BUT YOU'RE MAD
Fucking yikes.

>hates tool
>still posting in a tool thread
>starting to project more and more

>brings up trump
>claims I brought him up
>still seething and coping hard

By fucking whom?!?!

Tool is barely even a blip on the radar in terms of what most people alive today consider "important bands."

Ask someone who wasn't conscious during the early-to-mid 1990s.

I mean, rationally, how would a group have the gravitas to conjure a raid on Yea Forums without being contemporaneously powerful in the present litany of popular music?

I mean, nobody's claiming that Cardi B is orchestrating any such raids.

Boomers

>Is still upset over the thread's existence and keeps posting
>yfw

Attached: thumb_i-am-fine-wojak-feels-guy-know-53591245.png (300x254, 21K)

>Tool is barely even a blip on the radar in terms of what most people alive today consider "important bands."
Then why is it trending on Youtube?
Why are you seething so much?

>and by most people I mean zoomers such as myself

>he actually googled a wojak in an attempt to "epic btfo" me in his next reply
Fucking seething, LMAO.

Attached: cats.jpg (600x1638, 118K)

>He will not leave the thread that makes him so upset
>He will also reply to this post
>yfw

Attached: 1565216577688.png (808x805, 1.05M)

@89399735
I'm here to laugh at you.

>literal cult following

Bro do you even cult, bro?

That's not how cults work.

Nobody thinks that Tool is omniscient, mah dood; and I really can't remember the last time anyone decided that they'd abandon everything they valued in life so they could follow the teachings of fucking Maynard or whatever their names are (I literally don't even know any of their names but that one because it's so unusual; I just dig their music).

Like, they're a band.

What fucking influence does the Yea Forums board have on anything anyway that anyone would fucking bother to raid it?

For that matter, what influence does Reddit have that some random Tool thread would have an effect on anything?

Like, bro, do you even Internet, bro?

Or are you just assuming there's some secret network of digital communication that controls the popularity of the things which you can't see the reason for the popularity of, and chalk up to whatever raid or other voodoo that you assume controls what people like when you encounter people who enjoy things you don't?

I mean, I guess you might be right, but it seems like a stretch.

>Still replies
YOU MAD BRO?

Attached: 1564067783324.jpg (668x498, 303K)

Imagine willingly participating in a thread about something you hate instead of going elsewhere

@89399792
>maskposting
you reddit bro?

Attached: 1555446164794.jpg (506x477, 18K)

>posting le dank memes
No, but we all know you are. He mad

Attached: ahahahah.png (1043x589, 205K)

>projecting your anger onto me
that behavior isn't healthy. I took the liberty of deleting that image from my post, I saved it here and had no idea it was reddit shit.

>new generation

It's not new.

It's the same generation that has always existed.

>Be born
>Identify with people who were born around the same time as you
>Determine who is too old to understand you
>Determine who is too young to understand you
>Narrow your understanding of the universe to the information that comes from those within whatever generation you identify with
>Eventually die
>Rinse/Repeat
>FUCKING BOOOOOOOOORRRRING

You're sort of missing the point of what music is.

It's not something that can be contained by any generation.

It's what isn't interpreted by you as random chaotic noise.

It's what you hear patterns in.

Sometimes, when you are blind to any hope, it's what keeps you going.

That's the only generation that has ever been.

Nice

Spacing

You

Complete

Tool

Wasn't that a mini-golf and arcade franchise in the early oughts?

You seem to like labels.

Do they help you understand things?

Have you found one that that you're comfortable assuming?

What is it, and what does it mean to you?

Do you think you're better than those with another label?

It's such a curious phenomenon, considering that your entire fucking life is almost completely meaningless in terms of the span of time that even the most minor changes in human development (nevermind mammalian) might take place.

Try this on for size: waitbutwhy.com/2013/08/putting-time-in-perspective.html

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Why are you seething so much?

I don't actually know.

I didn't think I was.

What do you think I'm seething about?

Is there a point I'm trying to make?

If you think there is, I'd like to hear it.

I guess I'd say I might be writhing, but that's more of a personal issue of having to exist as the person I am, and I just expect being conscious as requiring some kind of pain, which I don't know how to escape.

But "seething" implies that I have something to prove, or some vendetta to exact revenge upon, and I just don't.

I have to assume I am writhing for some reason I don't understand.

Seething requires a reason, however, and I don't have one.

>zoomers

Who are they, exactly?

I was born in late August, 1977.

Does that make me something?

Do you think I'm predictable because of it?

What predictions would you make about me based on it?

And have you considered what people will make of you based on when you were born, and how willing you are to accept their assessment?

I admire your chutzpah, though, user.

You're totally cool.

>EVERY SENTENCE GETS A LINE BREAK
And boomers wonder why everyone despises them

>he actually googled a wojak in an attempt to "epic btfo" me in his next reply

You might have a problem with delusions of grandeur, user.

Not that you aren't great; but you seem to be trying to make this about you.

It's not.

>Tool

Heyooooo....

Was that pun intended?

Good jorb, mang.

Ok retard.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-07-02-18-21.png (1280x720, 620K)

Ideas born in 94 and my father was born in 58 and doesn't know King Crimson even though he heard of Pink Floyd and Genesis and stuff which was on the radio.

About two months ago I saw King Crimson live and my father didn't want to go.

It's such a shitty argument.

So is it Reddit Spacing or Boomer Spacing?

It's not every sentence, though, if you haven't noticed. It's every idea that the person thinks you need to digest before following their logic.

I know; it's such a fucking bummer that someone might have something to say that they've actually thought well-enough out that they aren't just hoping that you'll agree with them enough to shut up, but that they actually believe enough to have thought about, but sometimes that's what happens.

So, maybe they space their observations in ways that you'd have to either reject or accept before moving on to the next statement.

If you think they're full of shit, you're welcome to move onto another thread.

That's sort of how communication works. You say shit that people either agree with or they don't, and that's just how your entire fucking life is lived.

It has nothing to do with what generation you belong to.

It's about how much thought you put into what you say.

Your attention to form over content is impressive, though - I tend not to notice because I'm too fucking busy reading what the fuck someone's trying to say.

Yeah man you're really deep and totally unique from every other poster on here. Your long, rambling diatribes about nothing in particular definitely warrant special attention.

She's pretty cute, though. Since we're just responding with whatever first response we have, if yours is any kind of litmus test.

Like, in what world is that a retarded response?

Are you literally incapable of reading English?

I have Google Translate if you need it.

>Your long, rambling diatribes about nothing in particular definitely warrant special attention

Thanks. Your sarcasm makes me want to jump into a vat of boiling acid that might immediately render my entire body into a fizzling consciousness that doesn't even exist in any physical form.

Maybe we'd both be happy that way.

You're really good at insults, though.

I hope that works out well for you.

They do this on /x/ all the time when they don't like things.
They don't like this:

Attached: dababy.png (747x747, 579K)

I so have no idea what the fuck they're talking about with the "Old Maynard and "New Maynard" thing.

Maybe I should Google some shit, but since I don't even know who the fuck "they" is, I sort of don't know where to begin.

Thanks for the info, though.

To be fair, I have no idea what you're talking about with that either, so you should probably have more compassion for them.

youtube.com/watch?v=ploqMlpJG9I

Holy fucking shit dude

Attached: 94f.jpg (556x527, 64K)

I just read the pic related on .

I have compassion for everyone from Ghandi to Hitler, dude.

Who knows what humans are supposed to do?

This is a really fucked up place.

I mean, obviously if you have to kill someone else to be happy, you should stop and question what the fuck the point is of killing anyone, especially considering that you lack the information to determine that their continued life wouldn't make things better for everyone.

Like, if killing anyone is what's required to make you happy, then how happy can you be?

#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
MODS, WHERE ARE YOU?

Uh are you threatening me or something?

Holy fucking shit what?

I never understand why what I'm saying would upset people, but it always seems to.

Why tho?

Literally for what?

Are you trolling?

If so... good jorb mang. That was funny.

I am only Cornholio. I need TP for my bunghole.

I come in peace.

If compassion is threatening, however, then I would seriously question your capability of threat-evaluation.

If you weren't though...

Literally for what?

I'm sure if Radiohead released a new album there'd be a lot of threads about that shitty album too.

Ummm...A little thing called the GOLDEN RATIO

Attached: 1461269144279.gif (650x650, 2.99M)

based

>nobody even talking about the song
It's pretty good, better than what I expected. Like a more mellow version of The Grudge.

I thought the same thing. Reminds me of Reflection as well. It's a weird choice for a single, but solid effort nonetheless.

definitely overt drone / raga influence (via "raga rock", presumably) and use of tabla. Clearly evoking that indian / middle eastern tonality.

Re: being a guru, DON"T. Your job is to wake up, and then your awakened behavior will naturally awaken those around you

Hey Bro. You're Gen X. Me too. Ignore these little teen faggots. Apparently anything that isn't a giant block of text is "reddit spacing" or now, "boomer spacing". These little douches literally can't tell the difference between an actual baby boomer and Gen X. Take no offense, they're all autistic and have disrupted hormones from the s o y in the food.

Zoomers are Gen Z. Born mid 90's to early 2000's. Carry on with your badass self

>And boomers wonder why everyone despises them
but why do you despise people who use line breaks?

It's that gay nigga spirit shit

Attached: meteora linkin.jpg (224x225, 7K)

Nice strawman tripslet

dude, don't get too bent out of shape over these trolls. I feel the same way. But apparently too many words is too much to handle for their tiny little brains, it's not a video game and requires effort. So they seethe at you for actually thinking.

Apparently writing is not in vogue here. Just post memes and shitpost and they'll understand you just fine

I really, really like it. It has an elegance and beauty to it, classic tool but somehow different with Maynards vocal style. Great lyrics too

that's not a strawman, brainlet. It's a question. An actual quesiton.

>that's not a strawman, brainlet. It's a question. An actual quesiton.
Read the thread before you post, then maybe next time you wont embarass yourself so bad.

I did faggot. At no point that I saw did anybody give a legitimate reason for the hate of line breaks. But apparently you're too lazy and low test to offer one yourself, so I'll just assume youre trolling for keks like every other edgelord here

PS- apparently you have no idea what a Strawman is

Did you miss the part with the seething boomer who made like 10 posts all
Spaced

Out

Exactly

This

Because if you did you need glasses.

I did not miss it. But I did miss the part where you say why it makes you seethe like a faggot

Hmm yeah why would anyone possibly be annoyed having to scroll through 10+ posts of rambling, elongated nothing to get to any actual discussion
Why are you even here, retard?

thought so. Readerlet confirmed

You didn't answer my question, retard. Why are you still here?

Not until you answer my question first, douchebag

I answered it already cuckold

no brainlet. you said -what- you don't like, but you didnt say why.

This is why oldfags detest you little shitstains

truth is you dont know why you don't like it. You're just memeing like any good follower.

absolutely BTFO'd

Revenge of the coping boomers itt
Does the old folks home give you unlimited computer time if you're good?

>speaking in memes
do you even have an original thought?

>you are now aware that meme posters are actually AI bots being tested on the general population

Okay, lads. Back to TOOL. Who liked it?

It's pretty good. Full album could go either way but it at least changes their sound in subtle ways.