Who had a better death metal scene? The United States or Sweden?

Who had a better death metal scene? The United States or Sweden?

I'm not asking who came first. Obviously America did it first. I'm asking who was better.

US
youtu.be/FENWm2oIH5M
youtu.be/cbKYlgthfxo
youtu.be/3H9ySntqNN8
youtu.be/D-yKIZyixIU

Sweden
youtu.be/rYHOuLnWJPU
youtu.be/H0ruZ1krC84
youtu.be/GXYnmx1ZHnw
youtu.be/HgaSp8f4s4Y

Attached: US v Swed.jpg (2000x2000, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QAEh3Jbr7Sk
youtu.be/cTSnXJp0Png
sadisticdrive.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=wWP3asMyaZY
youtube.com/watch?v=uGg11znHPA8
youtube.com/watch?v=XGpznZnP7mc
youtube.com/watch?v=0OZ35JMJfy4
youtube.com/watch?v=d0copFbXKk0
youtube.com/watch?v=emSDcQ89Ne8
youtube.com/watch?v=f8qnS_X5omQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MuSrwsky86I&list=PLzDMOar-1Y_wKulF65EoyKsLkfk3gbj6l
youtube.com/watch?v=dEMhvCCVW_8
youtube.com/watch?v=vHdTo6kO4Ds
youtube.com/watch?v=_e154E4TgX0
youtube.com/watch?v=s29YH6cYzUM
youtube.com/watch?v=bahrmFEVGzw
youtube.com/watch?v=ekYlRhALiRQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For me it's US but Sweden is kino too.

The greatest death metal album of all time came out of Norway.
youtu.be/QAEh3Jbr7Sk

Attached: soulside-journey-4fabcd774d416.jpg (1000x1000, 227K)

Canada

Attached: fd715444849cb99fa8400cffa032de21eb3a5f93.jpg (640x640, 131K)

Of course it's America, but it's not really a fair comparison since it wasn't one single death metal scene in America, but several in different areas. New York had its own thriving death metal scene that created its own unique sound while Florida also had its own scene with its own unique sound.

Both great, but I have to give it to the US for Death alone

Wrong. The End Complete is the greatest death metal album of all time.
youtu.be/cTSnXJp0Png

Attached: obituary_-_the_end_complete_front.jpg (720x720, 136K)

Pic related is the best death metal album from Norway.

Attached: Blod-Draum cover.jpg (600x600, 155K)

Finland

If you unironically like that album you're a faggot.

This

Americans created Death Metal but At the Gates took it to its artistic peak with "The Red in the Sky is Ours" and "With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness". So the crown goes to Sweden.

Canada

Attached: a0983660702_10.jpg (1200x1200, 505K)

melodeath sucks

>and "With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness".
lol no. Red in the Sky is amazing and one of the greatest death metal albums ever, but Burning Darkness is At the Gate's version of Seasons in the Abyss: not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination, but clearly an album by a band that has started running out of ideas.

Gay faggot melodeath with riffs dripping in corn syrup sucks (which is what ATG would become), but Red in the Sky is not that kind of melodeath; which you would know if you had actually ever listened to it, you queer.

>Burning Darkness is At the Gate's version of Seasons in the Abyss: not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination, but clearly an album by a band that has started running out of ideas
It's a very similar style to Red in the Sky but it feels more refined imo, especially the guitar interplay on tracks like Primal Breath. The songwriting is still top notch too. If Red in the Sky is a 10/10, then Burning Darkness is at least a 9/10.

Honestly Slaughter of the Soul is not that bad.

Bump for that brief period when Opeth did a weird version of something that at least involved death metal. kinda. ish. but was still fucking prime.

>tfw listening to a new Finnish death metal band that sounds like Discharge trying to play Demilich

Gotta give a name here hombre you've piqued my interest

It's not that bad in the sense that the Black Album is not that bad. It's a decent album in a vacuum but a complete abomination in the context of what the band made before and what the bands it inspired made.

holy fuck this music is throw back as fuck. haven't heard this shit since like high school. US was definitely shit tier compared to EU though. most metal i listened to was from the norway, finland, sweden, so I guess sweden wins.

US

True, but the albums he listed are the exceptions.

EU is better for black but US is better for death

EU def wins melo-death though

duh. And, to answer OP, US for sure, by just by a hair.

A little biased because I'm an Amerifat, but I'ma give it to the home team. To be completely fair I never really cared for the HM-2 sound or Entombed for some reason.

Left hand path is God's own cheat code if you're in an angry mood. I unfortunately can't get into much else from Entombed, unfortunately. Dunno why

sadisticdrive.bandcamp.com/

Sweden obviously.
youtube.com/watch?v=wWP3asMyaZY

Attached: Feral.jpg (1600x1068, 280K)

Based.

Red in the Sky is absolutely 10/10 and top of the genre, I'll give With Fear 8/10. None of their albums after that deserve more than a 6 though.

I have to give death metal overall to USA just thanks to weight of numbers in quality bands (Atheist, Nocturnus, Incantation, etc), plus I really like some of the later bands like Nile and Deeds of Flesh.

However, weight of numbers doesn't apply to black metal. 95% of American black metal is bad.

Attached: 709023.jpg (500x500, 48K)

>However, weight of numbers doesn't apply to black metal. 95% of American black metal is bad.
I can only think of Leviatan, Lurker of Chalice, Weakling, and.. thats all that comes to mind. seriously what other notable good American bm bands are there?

You're both wrong.

Attached: autopsy-mental-funeral.jpg (1000x1000, 185K)

Great album,alright riffs,love the paper thin drum sound ( I’m a grindcore and doom metal guy ),production sounds so fucking garbage to the point where it’s uncomfortable to listen to in a bad way

>t. zoomer

Vektor - Terminal Redux

Attached: 00. Vektor - Terminal Redux.jpg (1200x1200, 285K)

Sweden had alright stuff, Norway had some really good stuff, Finland was fucking great at it, but nobody fucks with USA when death metal is in question:
youtube.com/watch?v=uGg11znHPA8
youtube.com/watch?v=XGpznZnP7mc
youtube.com/watch?v=0OZ35JMJfy4
youtube.com/watch?v=d0copFbXKk0
youtube.com/watch?v=emSDcQ89Ne8
youtube.com/watch?v=f8qnS_X5omQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MuSrwsky86I&list=PLzDMOar-1Y_wKulF65EoyKsLkfk3gbj6l

Melo death isn't real dm

Your arbitrary scores mean nothing, why not say something of worth instead?

It's mediocre and was responsible for melodeath, not to mention how disappointing it is compared to TRITSIO and GoG EP.

Inquisition, Judas Iscariot, GBK, Absu, Black Funeral and a lot of Black Twilight Circle bands like Volahn and Ashdautas.

Listen to more death metal.

true, definitely forgot to add Inquisition and Judas Iscariot. fan of both. never head the others but will checkout

Fenriz never drummed better.

As much as I dislike bongs the UK wins solely for Bolt Thrower and Carcass.

Attached: a1419088630_10.jpg (1200x1200, 629K)

Here, check these out:
youtube.com/watch?v=dEMhvCCVW_8
youtube.com/watch?v=vHdTo6kO4Ds
youtube.com/watch?v=_e154E4TgX0
youtube.com/watch?v=s29YH6cYzUM
youtube.com/watch?v=bahrmFEVGzw
youtube.com/watch?v=ekYlRhALiRQ

Carcass was lame even during their deathgrind days and Bolt Thrower rules and are one of the most consistent bands out there, but still not better than bands such as Incantation and Immolation.

Black metal fags need to leave. BM is largely boring shit and is has been completely invaded by soi-loving """depressed""" fags. DM is infinitely superior in every way and if you like BM past the first wave stuff you need to off yourself

Heartwork is responsible for corn syrup melodeath.

Woah there first year listener, we all can clearly see you're undergoing your first contrarian phase and need to "prove" yourself to the rest of us, but get outta here with your faux elitism.

Aye, Heartwork and a lot of other shit that came from bands such as In Flames, Dark Tranquility and At the Gates. Never really understood the hype for it, but oh well.

>Woah there first year listener, we all can clearly see you're undergoing your first contrarian phase and need to "prove" yourself to the rest of us, but get outta here with your faux elitism.
Kek, that's pretty rich from someone who's still in their edgy mall goth BM phase, aka "babby's first metal" phase. I bet you got into it after watching Lords of Chaos, kek.

Aw, you're real cute.

mall metal is metalcore and everyone knows that.
your inferiority complex and need for validation from your newfound DM internet friends is pathetic and glaringly obvious.

you too xD

>mall metal is metalcore and everyone knows that.
Oh fuck, this is rich. some fag who's never left his house, much less actually attended a metal concert of any variety, trying to tell me what is and isn't "mall metal"

I don't need anyone to validate me, project harder faggot