HAIR METAL = SHIT

Anyone who prefers Poison/Tesla/Bon Jovi to Soundgarden/Tad/Alice in Chains has terrible taste, and clearly hates metal. This is obvious.

Attached: Soundgarden.jpg (636x421, 67K)

grunge isn't metal

>Trump
based

No, but it has heavy crossover with sludge metal, it was a huge influence on stoner metal, and it was very influenced by 70s heavy metal.
Also, it's much more relevant to metal than glam.

Grunge isn't metal. It's not relevant to metal at all, unless you count nu-metal and gabage shit like Godsmack to be metal.

Grunge = music all entry level plebs like, glam = a true pleb filter only real knowledgeable rockers and headbangers have true incite on.

Attached: Crazy-Lixx.jpg (600x349, 54K)

Based Crazy Lixx poster. OP I've never met a stoner metal/sludge person who actually was a metalhead....you probably own Black Sabbath, and nothing else metal in your whole collection. Meanwhile pretty much every well rounded metalhead I know acknowledges there was some good stuff from the 80's scene, even if they hate the shit like Poison and Bon Jovi, Shout At The Devil is a metal classic, as is WASP's debut, Dokken, etc etc. Grunge is anti-metal by nature, it's shit for sadbois, metal is about power not moping.

The argument I usually here from people who like hair metal over grunge is that its fun, party music and grunge is too dark and depressing.

>Soundgarden/Tad/Alice in Chains
none of these are metal tho

I personally claim Alice In Chains as metal, but that's just me.

Facelift is totally a hard rock/heavy metal album, there is nothing "alternative" about that shit. It's dark and references drugs, that's about all it has in common with Nirvana.

Tad is literally a sludge metal band, you dingleberry

lol wow, that's a lot of projection. My collection actually has a lot of sludge, black, death, thrash, NWOBHM, doom, and even some power metal. But it does lack glam, save for Twisted Sister, Hanoi Rocks, and a WASP album, but those are great and shouldn't be judged for the bullshit the faggots in LA came up with.

Soundgarden and Alice In Chains are metal though, grunge is a scene not a genre you retards.

Thayill would probably be disgusted by you for saying that, he's ranted about how much they hated metal and considered themselves a "punk" band, which is laughable.

Ok fair enough then. But I think if you were more knowledgable you'd like a lot more shit, probably a lot of shit you've never heard before because you just have a bias against the LA scene, probably for soi reasons like "uhhh they were so sexist and got all the girls to have sex uhhhh"

Jeez, I guess I do prefer those bands to the shitty glam bands you listed, but the bar ain't that fuckin' high. I would've listed any entry level thrash or NWOBHM before 90s grunge in a thread about metal though.

I think some shit that can be qualified as glam is superior to some stuff that can be qualified as thrash.

Lizzy Borden > Exodus, IMO
But then again...Destruction > Danger Danger. Personal opinions and all, the thing about "hair metal" of all styles or scenes though is that the people who hate it generally never listened to much of it, which is annoying, and so guys like OP get annoyed by people who have the "nerve" to like some of it.

Attached: LizzyBorden-VisualLiesRemastered.jpg (500x500, 114K)

I personally prefer Exodus. Might be an unpopular opinion, but I like the Rob Dukes era the best. I've never been that into Baloff or Zetro's voices

What if I like both?

When you compare the very best of the 90's with some of the worst of the 80's. But we REAL Gen-X sorta feel sorry for you Millennial/Xennial fucks who had to grow up with depressing, cuckolded alternative or go full cuck & become a ghetto appropriating wigger, chigger, or migger in the false hopes that women would throw their pussy at you, instead of see you as just another macho acting beta whitey or beaner, thumping down the street to some stereotypical negro preaching that ghetto deathstyle. The best metal was in the 70's and 80's.

> he's ranted about how much they hated metal and considered themselves a "punk" band, which is laughable.
Thayill really is an idiot in that case. Led Zeppelin singer, Black Sabbath sound and some odd time signatures=punk?

Alice In Chains are metal

I'm a millennial and got into 70's and 80's music first, I'm always glad for that. I like a lot of shit from the 90s and a little from the 00s too, but to me the real spirit of rock basically died in the 90's as alternative took over. Pantera were the last band to get huge and really represent for the old guard, and even they had to do something different, but the spirit was there

What about all the new wave bands like Cage the Elephant and The Frattelis? Hell, White Stripes are pretty much a household name by now.

Why are metal faggots so particular over what is "metal" or not

sperg superiority complex

dubs of truth right here, boys

Based. Incidentally I have the same gripe about alternative music

I hate metal and I have better taste than you.

Tesla wasn’t hair metal. They have some good stuff but maybe I’m biased because my gen x dad would play their music as nauseum when I was a kid

My favourite music is like, indie, punk, emo, desu, but so many fans are gatekeepy bitches. not even about the music most of the time. "oh X band member got accused of something a decade ago, so no one is allowed to listen to this band, and if you support them, you're an abuse apologist." I don't give a shit what Jesse Lacey may or may not have done, I still like Brand New, fuck off

Nah they really weren't, they were more a just hard rock band in terms of their vibe, more jeans and t shirt kind of shit. Retroactively every 80's band who wasn't thrash was "hair metal" now though to some.

Ehhh that stuff I would not really place in the realm of hard rock and heavy metal, I do like the White Stripes though, especially their first album which I listened to a lot back in the day, never liked Cage the Elephant and I had friends who liked The Frattelis and I could see why but never got into them myself.

Metal doesn't really have that issue desu, it has issues of people being gatekeepers (which I feel in any genre to be honest is needed, but only to a certain degree, and too many people take it overboard especially teenaged people who are just frankly wrong about what they're gatekeeping) but nobody really cares about artists over art....plenty of scumbags in metal and hard rock, nobody has ever thrown their records out over it or stopped enjoying the music for the most part. I don't know a single Ted Nugent fan for example who agrees with his politics, I know they exist but not the ones I know IRL, and they still think he was a great guitar player and made good songs.

I was very much a gatekeeper as a teenager. I think teenagers tend to jump headfirst into things, without doing any deep research to be truly knowledgable. That was me at least. Modern alt music leans very heavily left, so I definitely feel a bit of a disconnect from the other people in the scene. And as for Ted Nugent, I don't know many of his songs, but I always really loved the guitar part of Great White Buffalo. You're right. He may be a draft dodging hypocrite, but the dude wrote some sweet songs

>Poison/Tesla/Bon Jovi
Tesla has some good riffs but yeah these are all trash

What if I like both?

>Metal doesn't really have that issue desu
black metal absolutely does

How so....Burzum and Mayhem are by far the most popular black metal bands and they were both made of horrible people

Attached: vargpedo.jpg (1242x383, 204K)

nigga all Metal comes from Slade
Glam Rock split into Metal and Glam Metal
Glam Metal is Hair Metal, therefore
Hair Metal is Metal

>How so....Burzum and Mayhem are by far the most popular black metal bands
No, Emperor sold more records than both.

Oh okay, but nobody talks about Emperor or wears their t shirts so, whatevs