I've been a huge prog fan for years, my favorite artists are Gentle Giant, Aksak Maboul, Banco del Mutuo Soccorso...

I've been a huge prog fan for years, my favorite artists are Gentle Giant, Aksak Maboul, Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, Magma, Camel, Gong, Soft Machine, Genesis, among others.

Today I'm listening this band for the first time. Boy, it sucks

Attached: 1286fef76e9942488d9e2ea3c76115d6.jpg (770x775, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wtHAKEZzrl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LITERALLY ME yesterday
What the fuck is so progressive about Tool

It sounds like fucking Disturbed

>listen to Tool for the first time
>expect mind expanding progressive metal
>get nu-metal

Recommend me some mind expanding progressive metal lads

Attached: 1506983847755.gif (480x360, 3.46M)

In a lot of ways it's a lot less interesting than first wave nu meal like Korn or Limp Bizkit, since it's pretty much just codified grunge with tacked on time signature changes.

All prog metal is ass.

tool was interesting in 1993.

All I know is you should shoot yourself streamfag. Especially if your birth year falls anywhere from 1980-2000

tool

just actually pay attention to it you you retard. whatd you listen to?

i heard tool a little bit from the radio when i was 13 and told my friend "yeah, it's like 80s rock"

didnt listen to them for another 2 year because of that. luckily i grew up aka realized tool was the best band in the world of all time lol

Lateralus

maudlin of the well is what you're looking for

Frances the Mute by Mars Volta.

most prog is relly super gay compared to tool. gentle giant and genesis being the gayest (im gay, but its just an old habit from videogames lol)

magma is a top 5 band of all time hough, tool is my love, but shortly after its magma. ive seen both bands live 2 times. magma magma was in tiny venues and literlly destroyed music for me for a linh time is was so next level and above everything else.

that album takes a while to love. tool is the OnLY band this applies to btw.

>mind expanding progressive metal
You people are insufferable

based. i dont feel right reccomending things for pople who dont like tool besides maybe grindcore or w e, it's weird to me, but bath/lybm are so good they almost knock lateralus/aenima from top 5 spot

Behold the Arctopus
Mastery
Flying Luttenbachers

>Aksak Maboul,
>Banco del Mutuo Soccorso

You're not a prog fan, you're a RYM drone.

lateralus is a copy of this with nowhere near as talented instrumentals and worse lyrics

Attached: based.jpg (1000x1000, 107K)

how has prog metal only produced one (1) good album in all these years?

Attached: 220px-Mastodonleviathan.jpg (220x220, 20K)

All prog metal is shit so dont bothee

>wants “mind expanding progressive metal”
>listens to Christian rock

Attached: 6B03273D-14B7-4C49-BB55-FBB9E0AE619C.jpg (508x524, 27K)

it's just music. Like it or don't. But the fact that Tool is this controversial just proves that Tool is living in Yea Forums's head rent free.

Attached: 55917918_2187095198017604_2532057227297030144_o.jpg (2400x903, 64K)

I gave 10,000 Days a try and I really like the time changes and the instrumentation but Maynard needs to not sing like a raspy cancer patient.
Just don't look at how the songs are written because they do not have interesting writing at all.

True. Probs only album i rate lateralus worse than

Terria by Devin Townsend

you’re kidding, that’s SKIP: the album

People here just get triggerd by the 14 year olds who just discovered Tool and hail them as the best band of all time so they seethe whenever they see something related to them.

10,000 Days is their weakest album.

>10,000 Days is their weakest album
I still don't get how people say that. It's fucking great if you just want to get lost.
Though admittedly I've only ever heard it and half of Lateralus.

Tool's my favorite band. I'll admit when I got into them that's what I was like. But years later they're still my favorite.

Don't get me wrong I still like 10,000 Days but their other work is much stronger to me.

MATE THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEEEEL it sounds like Evanescence

your statement is structured weirdly so i don't know how to form a retort but chocolate starfish is a 9/10

Tool sucks idgi. Their guitarist and drummer are mediocre (bassit is awesome tho) Maynard sounds like he consumed bertnand Ernie and they're stuck in his throat, and they've got these overly long songsmof nothing. They don't change in their songs, just repeat the same thing I've and over. I like schism but the restmof that album is basically audioslave with some rhcp thrown in. I hate tue constant guitar solos and the drummer is stuck in 5/4 time and too scared to leave it. The lyrics are like preschool social studies / gym class teacher shit. FUCK I HATE THIS BAND. Maynard sucks atndeath metal vocals and the same fucking verse chorus verse chorus bullshit. Shwjwjs

Condemned by Confessor

I'm a major prog fan as well and Tool is better than 95% of the bands that hardcore prog-heads jizz over.

You may not have heard enough to realise but most prog sucks major fucking ass.

At least tool doesn't sound like boomer metal which most of prog everyone praising is

>tool announces first album in 13 years
>people get hype for it and start discussing tool more on Yea Forums
>anons start posting tool hate threads so they can appear contrarian and patrician

I knew this would happen the day their new album was confirmed. Yea Forumstants just hate when people like music

I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

Attached: nookie.jpg (957x535, 45K)

Tool is good

What is the best Tool song and why is it The Patient?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wtHAKEZzrl8