What can you say about me if I tell you that I think this album sucks because it's so unlistenable...

What can you say about me if I tell you that I think this album sucks because it's so unlistenable, boring and offputting?

Attached: Swans-To-Be-Kinde-580x580.jpg (580x580, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GaXDhd2-mwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Swans is child molester core. Yikes

>unlistenable
>offputting
absolutely, undoubtedly, unequivocally, FILTERED

Based

>unlistenable
>boring
>offputting

you are not describing the sounds of the album, you are just describing the way the album makes you feel.

You are not capable of discussing music at all.

yup, patrician-filtered

Yes, dumbass. This thread is "what can you guys say about me if I tell you how this album makes me feel"

And this album makes me feel bored.
It's not "experimental" if you repeat the same melody for 5 minutes. That's a rap beat.

Your IQ is low

OP here
Listening to the 36 minute long "Bring the Sun"

I dont know how anybody can listen to this actively and not fall asleep. This is as vibrant as white noise.
Did you listen to the whole 2 hour long actively or just in the background?
I guess its good as background music. But just as that. I would not have the nerves to sit through it for longer than 5-10 minutes of active listening

If anything, your IQ is low because your brain does not seek any stimulation.

You must also be the type to read one or two books a year. Some people just aren't that bright. There's nothing wrong with this, that's just how some people are. Accept that your viewpoint is coming from a place of ignorance

Smart people are able to feel stimulation through music that generally wouldn't be regarded as stimulating. Your premise is fundamentally flawed. You must also be the type to think classical music is boring. No taste baka

Album of decade. Fuck you if you disagree.

>Smart people are able to feel stimulation through music that generally wouldn't be regarded as stimulating
Yes, that's called "forcing yourself to like a boring sack of shit" :)

patrician, chad, 180+ IQ, republican voter

No, it's called appreciating subtle details in music that add to the music listening experience. This allows "boring music" to sound really interesting and stimulating. I think you're trolling OP

Yup, exactly. If it takes 5 fucking minutes for a new subtlety to arrive, the music fucking sucks. It's the same chords, over and over again, on repeat for 5 minutes. The background instrumentation is exactly the same too, as if on loop. Then only after 5 minutes the background instrumentation adds a new note. This is boring as fuck mate. You are boring

Your personal feelings is a meaningless reference-point because "boring" doesn't describe the music.

You are a brainlet that doesn't belong on a music-board. That's what I easily concluded from your post.

This album isn't even that inaccessible, there are a lot of changes and build-ups throughout the album's run-time. You just literally have to pay attention, everything is crystal clear, there is nothing abrasive here sonically (expect, perhaps Oxygen).

See, if the album had been any more eventful, I would have had something to describe. But I cant really describe this album with anything at all. Literally nothing happens in it. The only word that is an apt summation of it is "boring."
I know it must hurt you that I wrecked your favorite album, but you have to grow up, sweetie. I was in that pretentious stuck-up phase too

Low IQ

I find weird how some people find TBK boring.
I can understand somewhat with The Seer because I was half falling asleep during the title track when they repeatedly pummeled their instruments every 5 seconds for 10 minutes
But TBK, weird. How can you fall asleep to something as groovy as A Little God in my Hand or as epic as Bring The Sun

>or as epic as Bring The Sun
It's not epic. It's as epic as speeding up to 25 miles per hour with an acceleration of about 1 mph per day
And before any fucks ask me - I have awesome patient. My latest musical discovery is this:
youtube.com/watch?v=GaXDhd2-mwM
I listened to it whole easily, without any preparation, actively
That swans album?
Sucks. I would not be able to listen to it actively

Can anyone tell me if I would enjoy 80s swans? I love experimental music usually

Literally every single faggot ITT. I laugh at how pathetic you all are:
>To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Swans. The music is extremely layered, and without a solid understanding of patience and reward most of the sounds will go over the typical listener’s head. There’s also Michael Gira’s primeval outlook, which is deftly woven into his songwriting; his personal philosophy is influenced heavily by hieroglyph art and cave drawings, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these compositions, to realize that they’re not just rewarding; they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Swans truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the wonder in Gira’s existential lyrics “YOUR NAME IS FUCK!”, which is itself a cryptic reference to Comte de Lautréamont’s infernal French epic Les Chants de Maldoror. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Michael Gira's genius unfolds itself on their headsets or speakers. What fools... how I pity them. :joy:
And yes by the way, I DO have a “Filth” tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothing personnel kid :sunglasses:

i'd say you're entitled to your opinion

80s swans is the only good swans

you're retarded

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Swans. The music is extremely layered, and without a solid understanding of patience and reward most of the sounds will go over the typical listener’s head. There’s also Michael Gira’s primeval outlook, which is deftly woven into his songwriting; his personal philosophy is influenced heavily by hieroglyph art and cave drawings, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these compositions, to realize that they’re not just rewarding; they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Swans truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the wonder in Gira’s existential lyrics “YOUR NAME IS FUCK!”, which is itself a cryptic reference to Comte de Lautréamont’s infernal French epic Les Chants de Maldoror. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Michael Gira's genius unfolds itself on their headsets or speakers. What fools... how I pity them. :joy:
And yes by the way, I DO have a “Filth” tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothing personnel kid :sunglasses:

Nothing really, To Be Kind isn't particularly challenging or experimental, and it's far from the best Swans album. Although, I personally think that there are enough shorter tracks to break up the lethargic page of this album to stop it from being a slog (although The Seer manages this much more effectively).

that you are well adjusted man who has sex regularly

imagine unironically thinking art appraisal isn't based on feelings.

guys i dont like this thread

So you only listened a bit more than 5 minutes of the album?

The only Gira albums with interesting lyrics are Soundtracks for the Blind and My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope.

>Yikes
Go back to /r/eddit

you aren't an avant teen, congratulations

You don’t listen to much minimalism do you

maybe it's just your underdeveloped 13 year old brain

sane people tend not to t b h

avant teens have much better taste
you probably think fantano has an "epic" 'funny' comment section