This is boring

This is boring

Attached: Tool2.jpg (608x317, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R6IcMDYDZWk
reddit.com/r/ToolBand/comments/cnd9r1/warning_do_not_go_on_4chans_mu_board_if_you_like/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wtHAKEZzrl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's 8.5 minutes of waiting for a peak that never comes. This is the title track too.

There's a zoomer version you know

Attached: 20190807_001.png (386x180, 46K)

song is great

that single artwork though, YIKES

I agree. same shit we've heard since lateralus. tool is finished.

is it only the single cover artwork?
i thought it was the album cover

if thats the case then they goofed

Tool fans really do suck, who knew

It really did nothing for me. Sounded like more of the 10,000 Days formula of "How do we make music that sounds like TOOL?"
Bunch of djembes and weird sound effects and that same old guitar sound. Definitely not dropping $45 on the physical release. Stupid assholes.

>listen to it
>boring, basically a generic Tool song.
>read the comments
>"I cried. Been listening to this on repeat all day."
>"Tool is the greatest band in the world. I've never heard anything like this before."
>"I hate that most people don't understand the beauty of this."
>"Tool fans are like family. We get it."
What do the fans see in this? Do they exclusively listen to buttrock so anything that touches the fringes of spiritual themes is like gospel to them?

It's a good song. Not their best effort, but I think everyone's expectations were set too high. Reminds me of a heavier version of Reflection.

We're never getting another Ænima-caliber record, are we, fellas?

Attached: 1564972848815.jpg (848x900, 107K)

Why are people mad about Tool sounding like Tool? what else did you expect

Yes

This

you nailed it.

Some bands experiment and evolve their sound over time (not the case with Tool).

Is that a bad thing?

we've heard one song off an entire album, it's a little early to decide whether they've evolved or not

this is some B-side song they have dug out of some basement and released

Thats the album art user

Are you expecting dubstep or some shit lmao

yeah because a band should release their "experimental" material as their first single after a 13 year hiatus

fucking moron

They did evolve their sound for a few albums then got stuck in this same formula.

ya know how I can tell youve never listened to tool or at the most a couple songs.

>NOOOO THEY CAN'T MAKE ATMOSPHERIC LOW KEY SONGS!!! TOOL HAS TO BE BIG COMPLEX EPIC TUNES THAT I CAN HEAD BANG TO IN MY TRUCK!!

Attached: 1563036157852.png (785x1000, 254K)

It doesn't sound like a build-up at all. What are you on about?

I honestly went into this thinking it'd be cringe. It was actually pretty good desu, looking forward to the album

fucking thisssss

The same people that think this is boring probably listen to the only 5 tool songs they know on repeat.

Reflection 2.0

-- and that's a good thing

I think they just put together samples from their old songs

You convinced me, this song DID NOT sound exactly like 10,000 Days or Parabola

never said it didnt sound like that is does sound like 10k, but to say they havent evolved is stupid as fuck. Listen to Opiate then this and there is a clear evolutionary gap.

Hey its not like Undertow definitely doesnt sound a bit like Aenema and 10k days, amirite?

Attached: 5.png (411x406, 236K)

T me its the cringiest shit they've ever done

Jesus you're braindead. opiate to undertow, to aenima, there was a clear progression of growth which fully bloomed with lateralus. 10k days had no growth. it was more lateralus. FI will be more of the same. they're done growing as artists. it happens with age.

DUDE IM SO SMART LMAO

Attached: ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀.gif (250x250, 222K)

I loved 10,000 Days, but I see what you’re saying.

then say that next time dude.
>Some bands experiment and evolve their sound over time (not the case with Tool).
this is literally the reverse of what you just said.

reflection with a perfect circle vocals

lamest tool song i've ever heard

I literally wasted 13 years waiting for this tragic mess, I don't think I could ever be more disappointed in my life. Tool was my favorite band and now I can't even listen to this junk. I absolutely appall the new direction tool went with this. Waste of time.

>literally the same shit they've been doing since Ænima
>new direction

i dont like the lettering, but the actual artwork is pretty good

I didn't post that, but im not braindead so I understood what he meant.
it was a fine album but with how much time they're waiting between each album, you'd think they'd have some major changes. it sounds like they're using the exact same gear set up in the studio just as it was since lateralus.

nope, it was a rare album in that it was their transition period between their old style (& old bassist) & lateralus style

it will always be their best album

this is the best way i would describe it. its not bad, but it needed a better climax. very relaxing though
kek at all these retards sperging out over one song

I guess I just have to assume people mean the reverse of what they actually say then cool.

vicarious was a far better single than this

and that's coming from someone who thinks 10,000 days is their worst album

It’s ok, but I liked Descending and Invincible more.

are you kidding? 10000 days had a lot of growth. the pot isnt like anything tool have done before and the same with rosetta stoned, which is one of their best songs. they evolved their sound into something more calming and melodic ex wings for marie, right in two and intension, but theyre still able to combine it with the metal stuff

>it sounds like they're using the exact same gear set up in the studio just as it was since lateralus.
I'm sure they are, I know at least Adam is completely autistic when it comes to his guitar tone ever since he started using the Diezel.

>aenima
>better than lateralus

>band releases first single in over a decade
>"omg why does it sound like them so much?"

Attached: 1565019002005.jpg (552x441, 16K)

yep, aenima objectively had no bad songs
lateralus has shit filler like ticks & leeches, reflection, triad

lol it's a good meme. the reason it's annoying is because they're considered to be really creative but they've been shitting out the same sounds for like 20 years.

ticks and leeches is a killer song though faggot.

IT WAS GOOD AND I AM PLEASED.

>this low quality bait
keep trying

Attached: george costanza.jpg (103x125, 2K)

okay ticks and leeches can get off that list doesn't change the fact that reflection and triad are filler b side dog shit

Exactly, I'd be impressed if it actually sounded like something different. Remember kids you can use your musical talents in any genre of music you want.

yeah, aenima is their best?

It's a good song. There's still alot more alb coming out in 3 weeks though, make you judgement on tool then. But idk what people are expecting, fucking 60 year old dudes who have already released their masterpieces and let more than a decade pass just being family men and shit. I'm surprised the single is as good as it is tb h. Looking forward to a very calming album. I think that's going to be their evolution here, they have always been intense and prrtty heavy, now we can get a prettier more relaxing/hypnotic tool or something

its amazing, but no lateralus is better?

agreed

you think that because you're not a fan of Tool

In other words a more boring Tool

This album is going to be AOTY and kill us all. Ignore the memes, ignore the annoying fanboys, Tool is a fantastic band. Do not let this album pass you by because some asshole on Yea Forums told you it was "mystical buttrock".

>can hear every word clearly
Man it took me like 15 years to find out some of the lyrics on undertow
Also around 7:50 is a blatant rip off of puscifers grand canyon. The more I think about it and listen to it tge more it feels like a troll song and artwork, wouldn't all these hardcore "fans" feel stupid then

It sounds like a Tool cover band. This thing is packed with every cringey Tool trope in the book. Maynard's ultra-smooth, clearly-autotuned vocals feel so sanitized.

Tool - senior citizen version.
I like that more.

It sounds just like what you'd expect from Tool, which is, eh. We'll see how it works in the context of the full album.

how can they sound like a cover band to themselves you mongoloid

i like the solo at the end. maynards vocals arent too bad either

>It sounds like a Tool cover band
best description so far

Sounded like a jumble of their old songs almost like someone trying to backwards engineer a tool song - I'm hearing parts of reflection and the last 20 seconds sound like the last 10 seconds of eulogy. Climax was weak and Maynard sounds bored. Descending is the best of the new tracks so far.

Wtf this song is just made up of other songs??????

A lot of their songs don't have lyrics during the peaks, but whenever it does occur, there's an absolute synchronicity and harmonization between all elements of the song, like the song is complete and can now tail out. I like to hearing it all build and line up, but Fear Inoculum is missing it. I don't think JMK put enough range into this song to have a quintessential 'peak'.

Rosetta Stoned
> overwhelmed as one would be, place in my position...
10,000 days (has two peaks)
>It's time now, my time now, give me my, give me my own wings.
>You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence, Judith Marie, unconditional one
The Pot
> Liar, lawyer, mirror fool ya, what's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, he's guilty as the government
Schism
>The poetry that comes from the squaring off between, and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance
Parabol/Parabola
>This body, this body holding me, be my reminder that I am not alone in this body, this body holding me, feeling eternal, all this pain is an illusion
Lateralus
>With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin
Stinkfist
>I said I don't want it, I just need it to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive
Aenema
>Cause I'm praying for rain, I'm praying for tidal waves

Aaaaand finally....
I don't think I will buy the special edition.
So far, I am the only ayyyy lmao that listened to the two songs they did live finding them "meh..." and listened to the single and finding single also "meh 2.0".
I guess I will see with a complete picture at the end of the month.
I'm buying the digital only release.

I think lateralus was their peak. 10k days did zero to me. So I guess everything changes, including my taste in music.
Godspeed to tool anyway.

>deciever chased away long time comin

I just texted my dad about it. He said it was kind of boring. :(

Tell that cock smoker to listen to it again while he blows your mom

Don't disrespect my dad like that

Dr.Disrepects your dad?

What I don't get is that people say progressive music is too pretentious, yet they love Tool instead which that complaint feels more relevant towards them then other prog bands.

wow, it's a tool song that sounds like every other tool song they put on their last 3 records.

except it's somehow worse.

Autism.

im back dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim in the undertowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

>mfw its gonna be a remix album

Attached: 1563489632927.jpg (828x1107, 72K)

Oddly enough people will blame maynard for this not sounding as evolved as they want it to despite him having no part in writing the actual music

Kek

That's the last line, sure, but it has the same intensity as the chorus. There's no peak.

such brave hot take
congrats

Attached: gif.gif (498x366, 409K)

I dont see why I should have to lower the bar for them just because they're older. To me this whole effort reeks of compulsion rather than a creative spark.

this, he always takes the fall even though he only writes the lyrics.

I've listened to the song a few times now but it isn't that great by any means. Too high of expectations. But wait-- this is Tool still though, fake song release, fake album art, fake track list times.

It's Modern Tool, they're still playing tricks on everyone and when they release their real first single in a week, you'll all be begging for it

I'm from Canada

I doubt anyone who listens to tool says prog is pretentious. then again they're so obsessed with tool they probably don't listen to much else.

Attached: qtard.jpg (263x287, 41K)

Is this true?

I Forced A Bot To Listen To Tool For 13 Years And This Is What It Came Up With

Attached: 7664507.jpg (650x601, 49K)

dude he's from Canada, of course it's true

You people are so mean

They just love Tool and dont really think about it

>this amount of cope

Listen, I am stupid and desperate. I want what user said to be true. Someone please reaffirm my delusions.

>actually listening to the song outside of the context of the album
>having expectations on an album that people have been hyping for 13 years and has been in the works for less than 2
Neo-Yea Forums is all fucking zoomers I swear.

so in that 13 years, youre telling me none of the members have changed taste, and gained new perspectives of playing their instruments? have they been in a time capsule since 2006? kinda boring bro

dude VOLUME SWELL

Maybe this album will be good. Please god let it be good.

im gonna smoke a bowl to this tonight, you guys have no idea what you're all talking about, this song uses fractal chords and a fibonacci sequence from what I can tell and I'm gonna need a little "chemical" augmentation before I fully appreciate the subtleties on fine display here

I approve this message.

Maybe the real album will be out in 7 years from the 30th August, and will have 7 different awesome Alex grey artworks.

The absolute savagery.

Dig around on the internet, man, this whole song and cover thing is a huge farce and Tool is laughing at people like you directly

It's directly in the lyrics, clear as day in Fear Inoculum, unless they're a little too deep for the likes of your simple mind. Maybe go listen to some Bieber, tard

COLD SILENCE HANGS
ASCENDS AND SEEMS TO
ATROPHY ANY
SENSE OF COMPASSION

>OOOOH NOOOOO THEY DIDN'T UPLOAD THE SONG TRANSMUTED TO 432hz SPIRITUAL HEALING FREQUENCY TOOL HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!

Attached: 1560920098794.png (211x239, 8K)

kek
youtu.be/R6IcMDYDZWk

Burden of proof lies on you my man. Got any links? Id like this to be true.

that's what i was thinking
listened to tool as a kid but i was never too into them
been getting into them more lately and got into this track with no expectations, its pretty good

I'm peeing

CITE YOUR SOURCES MOTHERFUCKER

He's just reigniting the same conspiracy as when 10,000 Days was released where fans though it was a joke and that the real album was coming soon

if you enjoy this your taste in music is so terrible you need to admit yourself in the nearest hospital. complete trash.

its pretty good. just pretend they dont make fans wait decades in between songs

Was just listening to Fear Inoculum and noticed that the riff at the very last of the song is the same one as on the end of Descending. Go look up the live at Berlin 2019 version of it. Really makes me hype for the way the album is going to be as a whole

Bethlehem abortion clinic is going to be the secret song. cant wait!

This song is totally just a recap of the old stuff and a preview of the new stuff
>recast my tale

>they're considered to be really creative
by whom? I really like tool but creativity was never thier forte.

Kys

Wow user, brave and stunning statement!

Are you retarded? Danny Carey literally created the drums he uses

Now listen to the last 10 seconds of Eulogy and compare that.

Canning the album for its title track acting like the title track of any of their albums was a perfect representation of the entire thing. Y'all're just silly.

This user gets it

hello, i'm one of the most hardcore Tool fans on this board

>lateralus is their best composed track and easily in the top 50 greatest songs of all time
>aenima and lateralus are their two best albums and it's a toss-up for which one is best, depending on how you feel each day
>while impossible to pick a single favorite Tool track, if someone put a gun to my head and told me to choose one, it would have to be H. or Pushit
>Tool's version of No Quarter is objectively better than boomer Zep
>all of you will shit on this new album for a few months before finally admitting that it's good the same way all of you pretended like 10,000 days was a bad album
>undertow is a very underrated album

Attached: 1541842248129.png (323x511, 236K)

When there was darkness and the void was king and ruled the elements,
When there was silence and the hush was almost deafening
Out of the emptiness
(Salvation!) Salvation
Rhythm and light and sound
Twas the rock and roll creation
Twas a terrible big bang
Twas the ultimate mutation
Ying was searching for his yang
And he looked and he saw that it was good.

Based

Fine, but if were are talking about filler Aenima still has all those dumb and pointless interludes.

I thought the peak of 10,000 was "10,000 days in the fire is long enough" and "Fetch me the spirit the son and the father"

>lateralus is their best composed track and easily in the top 50 greatest songs of all time

[ False ]

I listened to this shit and I'm not impressed at all. I'm a Tool fan since Undertow, I've waited 13 years for this crap? Deleting and burning all my Tool music right now.

YOU WERE ALWAYS MY EYES MY EVIDENCE
JUDITH MARIE
UNCONDITIONALL
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

Omg i love Tool
10000 fists in the air!!!

Yes and it's dope

>no appreciation for reflection
user, not everything needs to be stinkfist or sober

Attached: 1556329502475.jpg (210x240, 14K)

xd

Stop listening to the album on shuffle or in halves. The interludes help pain the picture of the album. Plus they take up almost no time. Who doesn't wanna hear a thunder storm? The interludes are great in the context of thee whole thing.

Undertow is underrated.
10000 days it's ultra-mega-overrated.

So far 3 songs out, and 30 minutes gone overall... Boring for now I reckon.

I listened to this gem and I'm absolutely impressed. Previously I was a Tool hater since Undertow, but after 13 years I've been surprised with this beauty. Purchasing and insulating the all of Tool's music with aluminized cloth right now.

Exactly this. Lateralus is the 3rd or 4th best song on that album though

The last 10 seconds of F.I is just good ol fan service, you know how many tool songs end like that? Same thing, just diffrrent

invincible and descending are not bad songs, you guys just hyped this album far too much before hearing it. your expectations were too high and now you're disappointed that every track is not the grudge.

>10000 days is overrated
Huh?

This.

>3rd or 4th best song on that album though
lad, I have to know which songs you place ahead of it. i'll give you the patient and ticks & leeches, but please don't say schism or parabola.

I thought Invincible and Descending were solid if unspectacular. This sounds fine, but ultimately just feels boring.

I believe you mean Disposition, Reflection, and Triad.

It's a good song, not a great song or their best work, but it's definitely a good song.

This. I've memed before about how the new album should be chill, alternative prog just to piss off the fanboys (though I'd still enjoy it). While that's not exactly the case here, the fact remains: you can't allow that 13-year gap to cloud your judgment of whatever they come up with next, whether for better or worse.

After all, you guys don't /really/ think they spent all that time working on the record, do you? Maybe a couple years fiddling with pedals and tiny riffs, but that doesn't count.

No Undertow love here? Do I smell fucking plebs?

They spent the past 2 years working on it tops.

Am I the only one who gets bothered by the mastering on this? The guitars get panned all over the place and the mids are so fucking over saturated at many points.

you got it COMPLETELY backwards

>Fine, but if were are talking about filler Aenima still has all those dumb and pointless interludes.
The idea is that Aenima still has more non-filler tracks than Lateralus. If you agree that Reflection, Triad, and (to a degree) Disposition are filler, then you've got six songs left on Lateralus worth your time. On Aenima you've got nine.

Undertow and Aenima are their best albums. I love that comfy feel from Undertow's production.

>that guy that blast prison sex while picking his little sister up from junior high
some fans don't realize keenan works on other projects.in their minds, the band has been in the studio since 07 and finally emerged with an album.

>objectively
>bad

Learn to make sense you fucking retard

This song is good. Im not joking when i say i wish it was longer. Not for everybody, but getting baked is obv a great way to listen to this song lol.

nope, Swamp Song.

Yep. It's going to be a great album, but seriously I hope you weren't expecting another album of the same quality as lateralus and aenima. That would be silly. Bands generally have one masterpiece in them, tool happened tonhave two (and everything else amazing, just not masterpieces) we all knew with 10kdays they got old and stuff and wouldn't be able to be as good. We knew this in 2006 people c'mon.
This new album is basically a fun gift from them. It's like most of you listened and fell in love with tool just this past couple years, and don't realize how much really has passed since 2006/2001. There wasn't a chance in hell the new album would be as good as the old stuff. So just relax, let the album come and listen to it for the music and feels without all that "this is the greatest band ever omg surely they MUST MAKE another GOAT album my soul will be crushed if they don't shsgsjskdgd" bullshit. Trust me, you'll love this album to death after you've had some time with it, but just friggin stop thinking these old feeble humans were going to bless the world with a magnum opus.

t. Guy who was a teen and eagerly awaited 10k days for 3 years while being obsessed with them being young and stupid expecting the 2nd coming. Hated 10kdays for the first few months, well, not hate, but it just wasnt what I wished it would have been. And now decade later, I have fond memories and associations with that album and feel comforted by it and know every second by heart and listen to it often. It was great all along and I accept in my heart etccc

New tool! I'm excited for the next 10 years and curious how this new album will fit in and the feels I'll have with it 20 years looking back

undertow is lit. it's upbeat, accessible angst with a little of that Toolish razzmatazz to make it interesting. absolute kino record 10/10 comfy boom-boom.

I mean all of this unironically

Nah mate.
I was just curious to hear, and I've heard.
After lateralus, to me (and IMHO to my ears) 10k days was just overrated, but that's just me.
We will see how it flows on a complete listen front to back so to speak.
I'm kinda bummed out that in supposedly 80 minutes, 30 have just gone with no great thrill for me.
Maybe I just prefer bottrill over evil joe barresi....

Im a huge tool fan and think that lateralus is overrated. Still amazing, the grudge is top 3 for me, i just like 10 000 days more. Just the sound of it i guess. The current digital album artwork for lateralus is fuckin yikes. Im into this new track tho

1. The grudge
2. The patient
3. Lateralus
4. T.A.L
5. Parabola/parabola
6. DRT
7. Schism

I guess it is number 3. But maybe not, that ranking changes. each song is a 9+/10 somehow though. Fuck that album is perfect. Shouldn't even rate them, feels bad for some reason snd I'm unsure of my ratings

>10k days was just overrated
most tool fans considered it one of their worst albums. if we look at the lineup, it has a lot of good tracks but a lot of people would rather meme that it sucks because that's the cool thing to do.

>jambi
>vicarious(for a radio track)
>the pot
>rosetta stoned
>right in two
>intension(one of their better chill tracks)
>wings 1&2(i'm a sensitive little faggot, I cried the first time hearing them)

The "special edition" with an actual LCD screen is $50, but there's no word of a cheaper version. I have physical copies of every album, so I'll probably grab one.

>schism that low
ballsy. the one track they won a grammy for, but I do agree it's nowhere near being the best song on the album.

>>schism that low
ikr. DIRT should be on the bottom, it's only natural.

>Yea Forums is too autistic and full of mumble rap faggots to enjoy the beauty of TOOL
WOW!

>rip off of puscifers grand canyon
So Maynard ripped himself off. Got it.

It doesn't feel good putting a song from that album so low. But, technically compared to most music, i rank sont that incredibly high. Schism is a 8.9/10
Yeah I know... Give me a break lateralus is my favorite album of all time.

What was that one webcomic of the faggot waiting for the album to drop to post shit like "6/10 at best. I preferred their older material. etc"? That's what this thread is.

>lateralus is my favorite album of all time
if not for H, jimmy, aenima, pushit and third eye being on aenima, I could probably say that. both albums are a solid tie for me.

Why are you surprised?

On a couple more listens this track is growing on me. You guys are all so fucking quick to spread negativity. Enjoy hating everything while everyone else gets to enjoy a new Tool album faggots.

I don't do it to "meme" 10k days.
I escaped a criminal asylum, cause I skip the hell out of wings every time, and I like lost keys, aaand i find right in two cheesy.

ABut.... There is people who dare to think 10k days is the weakest link.
I've seen this type of people...
they gather under the moon, and they exist.
I exist. I want to believe that I exist

the grudge is the BEST song on lateralus bar none
but: it's only great if you hear it in the fibonacci track sequence. as an opening track it SUCKS.

Fuck, I really enjoy Tool, but this IS very disappointing and just straight up boring

be you, user
just glad to finally have a thread up where we can have a discussion about my favorite band.
my mind is so blown right now over how many people place grudge ahead of lateralus. I love the hell out of both songs, but I would've guessed that the majority of tool fans would say lateralus was the better track.

Do yourself a massive favor and don't let other people's shitty opinions on here push you any further into hating the new music, you'll only be hurting yourself. Give it a couple more listens and form a more solid and more personal opinion than disappointment, because disappointment is just missed expectations.

Based PC Principal

Attached: rejected_his_message.jpg (447x447, 73K)

Undertow has some of their best stuff on it. Prison Sex, Sober, Undertow - back in the "Maynard is angry" period. I was hoping his book would give some insight to why he wrote so many songs about addiction and anger and abuse early on, and...yep. His whole career has been about getting over what his stepfather did to him.

Wasn't terrible. Wasnt very hype either.

It's an okay song and I appreciate that they released it, but I definitely feel like this is going to be a very forced album. There just wasnt a lot of raw energy or fight in the song.

Not in a heaviness sense, more in the way that when a musician is really into what they are playing you can feel it through the song. It's hard to explain.

i can't tell if there's some kind of pitch correction on his voice or if that's like a weird filter of some kind, but there's something going on there and it is very grating to my ears

Lateralus > Aenima > Undertow > 10,000 Days
Fear Inoculum will probably sound like a by the numbers Tool album. It'll have one really stand out track, and the rest will be good, very tool, but nothing to compare to the other albums favorably.
Lateralus is definitely the second best song imo, but idk the grudge is powerful. Something about it hits really good and at the right time. I'd probably say:
The Grudge
Lateralus
Schism (you can't deny how iconic and great it is don't hate it just because it's popular)
Parabola
Triad
The Patient
Ticks and Leeches
Disposition
Reflection

I know pretension has always been Maynard’s thing, but Fear Inoculum is such a fucking bad title.

Maynard is giving it his all. Danny is effortlessly cool, I can never tell if he's "feeling" it or not because he kills it either way.

I'm thinking those other two goobers in the band are the ones going in circles. They're still fun circles though.

its sorta pointless to listen to one tool song apart from it's album proper. i'll wait for the album to cast any real judgement, shit probably will ride harder when it's a smaller piece of a whole.

based

>the patient that low
>ticks & leeches that low
this thread is making me feel bad. I'm reminded of just how difficult it is to choose a favorite song, because so many of them exist and ones you love will always be lower on the totem pole.

they're both great songs they just don't hit as hard as the others for me. ticks and leeches is at times great and at times annoying to me because, even though tool has always been a really technically proficient band, thats the one song that i feel like some pretentious high schooler shows everyone and is like "listen to how SKILLED they are" blah blah, and it's annoying.
I get the same feeling for that song and it's hype as i do from like, the motherload by mastodon, it's just hyped for the wrong reasons and it kinda spoils it for me. but as part of the album it fits perfectly i love it.

I've been a Tool fan since I saw them in a club in Hollywood right before the EP came out, and it's gonna take more than a couple of autists whining about them on /mu to make me stop following them as a fan.
But watching them fall on their fainting couches is amusing, like their opinion is the most important thing in the world. I don't shit on their obscure oontz oontz albums, but here they are shitting on an album of a band they were never a fan of in the first place. But they'll make 20 threads complaining about Tool fans.

Aenima=Lateralus>10,000>Undertow

I agree with your prediction, though I already get the feeling that this first single may be better in a live setting, and that maybe the whole album will be that way

>most tool fans considered it one of their worst albums.
Yeah, you're gonna need to show some proof there, Champ.

Oh, wait, you contradicted yourself anyway.

I'm interested in what Danny will be doing with this album. I'm hoping the other songs have him mixed better. Hes a big inspiration to me as a drummer.

Maynard did good. I'm hoping justin and adam can find a groove to really get into and just do a 9 minute jam like they used to. Reflection was one of my favorite songs from the way it flowed and took you on a journey.

Ticks and leeches maynard went all out. Something like that again would be a real treat.

trying this out.

I think Tool becoming samey has to do with the fact that Adam nor Justin have no other projects. They only do Tool, with the rare occasional guest appearance. Maynard no longer writes music for Tool, and Danny's probably the most interesting part of the band still. Adam and Justin really need to Branch out.

Their songs all sound the same. I dont get why people like them. Are they just another hot topic meme band?

he's saying he liked it but a lot of tool fans give it a bad rap, that's not contradicting himself

actually the first time i heard lateralus specifically i was really disappointed. i had just heard undertow and aenima for the first time and was in total love, but the flow of lateralus was really upsetting to me and i hated the grudge. but then i listened with the alternative track listing and now the grudge is my favorite track. context matters a lot.
10k days is thus far their worst album
i'd put aenima on the same level as lateralus and have no problem with that honestly. that album bangs hard too.
i'm hoping they do some crazy media stuff to promote the album like they did for the other albums but maybe with a more modern touch. i mean, this is tool entering the true internet age. if it's a tepid release it'll be very disappointing.

YO DAT TRANSITION at5:50 THOUGH!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

It was a simpler time

Nobody points towards Ticks And Leeches as a technically complex song, it's one of the more straight on rock songs on the album - and is notable for the scream that Maynard blew his voice out recording.

It's like you never heard the album and are just making it up as you go along. Lateralus is the song all the spergs go on about, because of it's time signature changes. "Muh fibonacci" came from that song, not Ticks and Leeches.

React channels should be illegal. It's the cringiest shit I have every fucking seen.

i'm not included in most, but just look at the thread to see which albums are heavily discussed. aenima, lateralus and undertow, with rarely anyone mentioning 10,000. it's not a bad album, and I actually love a lot of the tracks, but i'm not going to pretend like people didn't shit all over it when it first released.

whoaa. how was that show back in what, 91/92? tell me some shit from that night

it sounded stupid lol

>10k days is thus far their worst album
So, you're going with "muh opinions" instead of backing up what you stated. Noted. You will now be mocked and ridiculed. Stay mad, it's funny as hell, it's exactly why I clicked on this thread.

>Fan service the song
>"fuck why does this sound like tool i hate this"
the bootlegged songs are better but its not bad

just how i've experienced it, no need to de legitimize my experience just because it doesn't agree with your own.

Hey man brothas gotta make money on youtube somehow.

i wasn't the one having an argument with you before. i'm just a separate party chiming in with my opinion. i think it's a good album but not as good as the first three. your syntax is cringey tho.

the intro just feels tacked-on

ticks & leeches is my workout track. good shit when he blows out his voice. not the greatest tool track, but I appreciate it being a pure rock song.

to be fair, ticks and leeches has a fucking insane drum part

>I think Tool becoming samey has to do with the fact that Adam nor Justin have no other projects.
actually I think this sound they've had since lateralus is what they've been working towards for their entire career. Adam feels like he finally has the perfect guitar sound, Danny built that custom drum set that he'd had envisioned for years, this is just the way they sound now. I also recall reading an interview with Adam where he talked about being really passionate about visual arts, i think he really just sees tools music as a vehicle for his visual expression.

10,000 days is objectively the best album and whomever disagrees with me is a reddit using wrongtard.

Fite me

it's the only part that impressed me, I liked the synths they almost reminded me of something you'd hear in a metro boomin or fka twigs song.

first day on Yea Forums?

One of these days I will make a YouTube channel where I react to the simplest things like "the sun", "water in a glass" "a door". Imagine the million billion views. You've heard it here first guys.
"what's this thing in the sky?! Man it's hot, and kinda yellow.... Woooow".
React channels are just... Vicariously iiiiiiii. still think 10k days is the weakest BTW ;-)

send pics

the synths are the part that i didn't like honestly, it almost borders on cheesy new-age music

opiate - 9.0
undertow - 8.4
aenima - 11.0
salival - 7.8
lateralus - 11.0
10,000 days - 7.9

this band is so godly and consistant that i already know F.I will be atleast a 7.5 (very very good album)

i hate ratings but i did it sorry

lots of people say that. 10kdays really is a great great album, but the other ones are perfect. but yeah, it's just music and opinions my dude no need to fite. also stop bringing up websites like it has anything to do with cool factor or whatever, it's cringier than tool

>i already know F.I will be atleast their worst scoring album
lel

pretnd to have been born blind but recetly got vision. then react to literally everythingand give nice descriptions. youll have MILLIONS watching.
"guy reacts to seeing his life long pet for the first time*
"guy reacts to seeing his face*

>undertow - 8.4
nigger, you bump that shit up to a 10 right now

Attached: 1535181885638.png (261x371, 178K)

>i have an opinion
>it is objective

Attached: uhhhh.jpg (600x450, 53K)

I cant wait to film "Guy holds hand with a girl for the first time."

i said AT LEAST
whic is bein very positive. but yeah it most definitely should be their worst one. look at history, look at the aging process, creative bankruptcy et etc. we should all really be expecting the their worst album.

New Nolan movie looks good.

ill give it a 9.0 no problems.i really do love i and feelbad giving it such a low score. idk why i even did. i guess i just listen to the whole thing less than the others. fuck undertow is awesome. on certain days... ill even give it a 10
so lets pretend today is one of those days

I had some friends in Hollywood that were into Green Jello, who i saw I think at what was later the Viper room? Fun show. So when they said "We're gonna go check out the new band with the Green Jello drummer", I said sure. I can't remember when or where, but it was an early show, and all I remember is "these guys are fucking great". I saw them again right before Opiate came out I THINK at the Whiskey where they were way more polished, and then on the Opiate tour, and I've tried to catch them on every tour since.

:( you'll get to someday, i promise. just Yea Forums yourself

YOU made the claim that "most tools fans considered". Now it's "what I experienced".

So you're just talking out of your ass.

bad ass. danny drumming in green jello is not common knowledge. cereal killer is fantastic album.
tht's cool you saw them sloppy and raw, and then more polished. not maby people can say that. you saw them as one of the poor local acts

DRT is the best Tool song.

>thats the one song that i feel like some pretentious high schooler shows everyone and is like "listen to how SKILLED they are" blah blah, and it's annoying.
what the fuck are you talking about?

user, that was me--
the 'most tool fans' comes from a lot of earlier criticism, from the community. this dates back to 06/07 when people were mad that it wasn't lateralus tier.

again, it's not a bad album, just one that's had a lot of criticism throughout the years. you can go to any tool community site, you'll find the same opinions from fans that either hate it, or consider it to be one of their lower albums.

just my opinion, I think 10,000 gets a lot of shit because it followed behind lateralus. if their releases were switched, I feel a lot of the hatred probably wouldn't exist. it's just hard to follow behind a masterpiece.

Yup it was definitely a Tool song. I was kinda expecting them sounding a bit different after all this time. Boring song

>guy earlier called reflection a bad song that ruins the album
how would you respond to that

>he thinks this is the actual album art
>he thinks this single is actually going to be on the album or indicative of it's sound
>he thinks tool aren't master trolls having a giggle at his expense

Attached: 1552165102756.jpg (264x249, 11K)

Attached: paulie shore.jpg (588x823, 75K)

I would respectfully disagree with him :-)

the intro is the coolest intro i have ever heard in a tool song
3:15-3:35 is the worst thing i have ever heard in a tool song
i refuse to believe that there is no climax, or that was the climax, and i expect there to be a pt.2 or at least rolling start into the next track with a big payoff. really hopefully another triad

Attached: chancellor.png (510x724, 704K)

>listen to this at least 3 times before i go to sleep
>cant remember a single piece of it besides a few of the cringe lyrics no matter how hard i try
>other random songs stuck in my head in bed
>wake up and still cant remember shit
never happened with any other single theyve released, even invincible and descending kept me up and thinking for a bit

I was pleasantly surprised but I haven't listened to tool in a gorillion years and didn't have any expectations

Undertow=Aenima>Lateralus>10k Days

Attached: blackjones.png (712x723, 384K)

Attached: Screenshot 2019-08-07 at 23.57.27.png (302x286, 38K)

I believe that the Disposition, Reflection and Triad trio is the better part of Lateralus, with a close tie with Parabol/Parabola. I do get why people wouldnt like it as much as the more classic tracks, but I kind of find it somewhat "insulting" to claim it's filler.

Is this real?

It's on genius, so maybe.

Attached: genius.png (642x810, 334K)

I only like Aenima and like two tracks from 10,000 Days and Sober from the first one and I think the new track is okay. Not bad, not terrible, will wait for the album to see if it fits in a bigger picture.

I desperately want a tool song called grillo tbqhwy

tool isn't interesting. laterlus and aemina or whatever sounded like I was listening to a more sophisticated Evanescence

>scar ye kilt

Attached: uhhhhdog.jpg (313x286, 71K)

>what the fuck why aren't they changing time signatures in every second? this isn't tool at all!

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Tool. The lyrics are extremely complex and without a solid grasp of the Fibonacci sequence most of the words will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Tool's uncommon time signatures which is deftly woven into their characterization - Maynard's personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these songs, to realize that they're not just music- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Tool truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Maynard's famous song "Hooker With A Penis, " which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Maynard James Keenan's genius unfolds itself on their record players. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have an Ænima tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Thought it was pretty good. I like Tool's music. A little boring, but better than I was expecting. 10K Days is still way better.

What's up with Tool's shitty album art though? It's almost as bad as pic related

Attached: ab19c12b.jpg (600x600, 52K)

Good for them, having an orgasm so easily

Shit reeks of the same criticisms launched on message boards upon hearing Schism and Vicarious before the full release of Lateralus and 10K Days. It’s a combination of shitposting and judging the full album by their most basic bitch tracks. Don’t get hung up on this shit.

Flipside, comments on social media are hilarious, and definitely are a race to the bottom on who can make the most embarrassing post.

>ToolFan46N2 @alexgreyCOSM going to have to pick up extra shifts at The Vape Vault to afford the signed special edition but totally worth it. Cried all day today for those who died before this was released.

good heavens those are some really bad titles

10,000 Days is the best Tool album you FAGGOTS

This user is posting from 2006. I love it

Invincible >>>> Descending > Fear Inoculum

Attached: C1V0Az5UUAE9otm.jpg (1012x1024, 89K)

this album is going to get fucking panned

I didn't like it on first listen, but I listened to it a few times today and I hear it. Im fucking stoked. Can't help myself. I can't wait for the album.

Attached: df7bp0916nd31.gif (176x210, 1.89M)

>context of the album

This is a zoomer meme. Bad songs don't magically become good when sequenced next to good songs.

Disappointed that Descending isn't followed by Ascending

The beginning sound like something out of a David Lynch movie

If I wanted to listen to a bald pothead pretend to be smart for ten minutes I'd just watch the new Joe Rogan

Well Maynard appears on 4 podcasts, so you can double the fun !

>the album includes a CD in a trifold soft pack video brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and mp3 download

From amazon when I pre ordered

Joe knows he's dumb. He just like talking to smart people. That's what makes it interesting,

>Joe Rogan
ew
If I wanted to listen to a bald pothead pretend to be mart for ten minutes I'd just listen to Devin Townsend

Attached: devin-empath.jpg (400x400, 32K)

is this tool or a post 2004 skinny puppy album

what's the difference?

The band said theres 8 songs and 2 segways

Is this a b-sides album?

which one of you is this

reddit.com/r/ToolBand/comments/cnd9r1/warning_do_not_go_on_4chans_mu_board_if_you_like/

The onez that only know Sober and Ænema

>racist terrorists
lul

It sounds like a reworking of H.

The Pot too

Holy shit, reddit are cancer.

what????

sounds closest to jambi from their catalog

At least the first half of the song does sound like H. Same key and similar riff.

wtf? im actually pleasantly surprised how many people love it, and love tool are here suddenly. real happy with wht ive seen on Yea Forums about this. tool fans coming out of the woodwork

>implying it wasnt you

I like the song. Now all of you can try and convince me that it sucks.

What’s the best Tool song and why is it The Patient?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wtHAKEZzrl8

I rolled my eyes when the bassline came in for some reason. It just felt so boring and typical from them.

You'd complain if the tuba came in instead so there's also that.

Danny loves his synth shit. You know he pushes hard for it. Even on tour the whole middle of the show I basically "Danny fucking around with synth shit and playing drums"

>3:15-3:35
bro that was the best part of the song... at least it had some fucking life and creativity

"Okay so I have a theory here that I didn't want to share publicly because it makes me sound like a fucking crazy person. I'm going to share it because you mentioned it, without me saying anything first and it's kinda strange to think about.

Both my girlfriend and I listened to it separately, and at different points of the song we both felt actual physical reactions. Not like ASMR or anything like that, I felt a pressure in my forehead at around the same time you did, and earlier in the song she felt it almost like a pressure in her chest.

Now here's the crazy part: I don't know enough about binaural audio to know if it's possible to trigger sympathetic nerve response based on sonic input. I have previously played around with binural audio before and a few of the tracks definitely made me feel funny when I listened to them. I'm wondering if the boys figured out how to put it in the tracks? I don't actually think they did but how else do you explain non-traditional reaction to music between different people, separately and without influence?

I don't have a clue but after how incredibly over the moon I am with the track even after all of this time in high building expectations, I wouldn't put it past these motherfuckers to do something like that. It's absolutely nuts. I get that feeling every time the same spot no matter what. I wonder what it is about the audio. Thanks for saying something I feel a little less crazy!

good choice

other acceptable answers include the Salival version of Pushit and Rosetta Stoned

"Maybe they DID find a way to hijack the nervous system with musical input. What I feel is like a sizzling sensation and yes, it’s different than ASMR (I checked it just a minute ago). ASMR sends chills down my spine instantly and the sensation lingers after the input stops. With the song it’s different. The sizzling stops around 7.20ish. Because the song is pristine clear, I hear a distinct sound like sand falling down at the very back and the sensation is kinda the same.

Maybe I am crazy but I don’t find the notion that music can send us weird impulses not crazy at all."

On the other hand Ænema, Lateralus and 10,000 Days are all great songs. This new one just doesn’t sound unique or memorable

Im just happy to have new music. I'm hoping they release a normal cd after the deluxe jerk off edition.

Give it a few more listens. It'll start to stick

Stinkfist peaked with

I'll keep digging
Until I feel something

That’s what I’m hoping for, but the other ones stuck on the first listen. The drums on the opening of Ænema, picking up my guitar right after Lateralus to learn the intro and the emotion in 10,000 days.

lol that shitty ass outro trying to emulate the grudge

Attached: and_you_never_ONCE_paid_for_drugs_not_once.gif (500x281, 639K)

Is it 2 drum tracks at the end? Sounds pretty loose.