My lyrics are shit

I'm trying to write lyrics for my new music project but they're all terrible. I have no talent in describing events or situations or feelings at all, it always come off corny, infantile, and a reflection of the writer's complete lack of real life experiences.

I want to write something more cryptic, but that still contains a rythm and 'poetry' to it despite having no explicit meaning. Who should I look for for inspiration?

Attached: 462387.png (1054x750, 352K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/54OajPibMP4
clyp.it/yerlbz1c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lyrics are not important.

Rhyme fire with desire and knees with please and you'll be good, trust me.

Post your lyrics, preferably along with the music. I promise not to laugh.

no

Lyrics should always have some kind of meaning, even if it is just telling a story you imagined that you think is cool. Perhaps try writing songs that aren't about yourself and you can view them from a more detached angle and not as "corny". I prefer writing fiction to songs about myself as I have complete freedom to take them anywhere.

Listen to Bob Dylan, I recommend The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, Bringing it all Back Home, Blood and Tracks and Love and Theft as starting points. Also John Prine, his first album is fucking brilliant and is great for storytelling songs.

this

use religious symbolism, works 90% of the time

Get really drunk and high, while being sad.

Do lyrics have to rhyme?
I’m listening to flatsound now and none of his lyrics rhyme frsrs

It's far easier to write a song that rhymes. Unless you are an experienced songwriter I wouldn't bother attempting to write something that doesn't rhyme.

just use a bunch of big words, everybody will be very impressed

Mitch from flatsound is just some incel I don’t think he has much experience
Also why is it harder? It’s very hard to write a song that has meaning and rhymes

Ok guys not OP here but here are my lyrics

Not finished yet. The genre is supposed to be post punk

Boxes of powder, yet unmixed
Eager kids waiting for their fix
Daddy will soon water it down
It’s all for you, here in this town

Guards stand steadily at their posts
They say they look out for the lost
Daddy has now watered it down
It’s all for you, here in this town

Gulp it all down (7x)
Here in this town
Gulp it all down (7x)
Here in this town

Grape juice is ready to be served
It is a treat you all deserved
Kiss of cyanide on the tongue
Toxin embraces all the young

And their necks, and their throats
Will there be room on Charon’s boat?
Submerge your cups and gulp it down
Gulp it all down for Chairman Mao

Gulp it all down (7x)
Here in this town
Gulp it all down (7x)
Here in this town

What genre?

gay

Saying "7 x" is very odd. Fucking zoomers.

I’m 9 years old dude appreciate my efforts and courage

>Gulp it all down (7x)
what did he mean by this?

I've no idea who Mitch from Flatsound is so I can't comment on his songs. What I will say is it's far easier to make a song sound good if it rhymes as the words flow naturally together. There aren't a lot of decent songs that don't rhyme, I can think of America by Simon and Garfunkel and Losing My Religion by REM but struggling to think of much else.

The more you write the easier rhyming gets, and if you're really stuck using a rhyming dictionary can sometimes be helpful.

youtu.be/54OajPibMP4

Get drunk.

There's a very specific edge to it that reminds me of teenagers from non-english speaking countries trying to write songs in english.

>It’s very hard to write a song that has meaning and rhymes

I honestly don't think it is. I started songwriting two years ago and I have written over thirty songs in that time that were good enough to keep and perform to others, the more you write the easier it gets.

How the fuck did I make it seem so obvious? How can I obscure it?

Actually these are my first lyrics ever and I wrote them while on the bus so maybe that lack of care exposed my ESL status (and being a teen roughly 18-19 years of age).
Regardless, these are my first lyrics so of course they are shit. How can I improve and obscure my background? How did you guess everything so easily?

I feel so exposed. Like a Jew who gets called out

There are complex rhyming schemes that can direct your interest and a song can be a pure exercise in one or three of them.

They're not bad for a first attempt, never forget you are on Yea Forums and this website is full of talentless cunts who resent anyone with the slightest hint of creativity.

The metre and word choice could be better in some lines though, here's some suggested edits. Also, lost and post don't rhyme:

Boxes of powder, as yet unmixed
Eager kids waiting for their fix
Daddy's here's to water it down
You ain't ever gonna leave this town

Guards stand steadily at their posts
Cross them son and you'll be toast
Daddy's gone and watered it down

Gulp it all down (7x)
In toxic town
Gulp it all down (7x)
In toxic town

read a book faggot

Also, do gulp it down times three, seven is going overboard.

Gulp it down
Gulp it down
Gulp it down in toxic town

cute apu OP
I savd him

also this I like more the sound of the syllables of the lyrics than the actual substance of their meaning. it’s why I can listen to music in other languages and not know what they’re saying but still enjoy it.

Attached: CBF423B0-1C1E-418F-91AF-61C714D81044.jpg (657x627, 58K)

/thread

I actually dig it.

be careful fren
I’ve made a similar joke and got banned for it

Attached: 61ABD6E6-5469-4953-8A0E-C61348D0F3E5.jpg (354x286, 15K)

this >never forget you’re on Yea Forums
even if they were really good, you’d still get 10 cunts coming out of the woodwork to call you a fag and tell you they suck. it literally doesn’t matter what you do, this is an inevitability

toldja lol

clyp.it/yerlbz1c

I changed the lyrics a bit more and sang your song, sort of has an Alabama 3 vibe to it.

>Suggested Edit (Toxic Town)

Bags of powder sit unmixed
Eager kids wait for their fix
Daddy's here to water it down

Guards stand waiting at their posts
Cross them son, and you'll be toast

Gulp it down
Gulp it down
Gulp it down in toxic town

this Make sure the music is good first

Idk if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you aren't: I just got that vibe because it felt too familiar, and I did the same thing with my friends when I was around your age. I can't quite point my finger on what feels "off" though, I think it's a combination of being too wordy while also having a somewhat basic vocabulary and being too literal.

If really you want advice, I'd say to just read more, and that applies even if you decide to write in your native tongue after all. And you don't have to read things that have an obvious carryover to lyric writing like poetry, just anything that will give you more appreciation for language and style. I started giving my lyrics more care and thought in that sense after reading Ligotti of all people.

>clyp.it/yerlbz1c

holy shit based

Uses advanced rhyming schemes. And remember that rhymes don't have to be exact. For example "late", "stay", "pace" are all close enough to rhyme with each other it's about the sound that the vowel makes, not the consonants

This isn't a song, it's a poem with some background noise. He isn't singing.

I came home and there was a fire
suddenly of water I had great desire
I started running but fell and broke my knees
And I started yelling "Help me! Help me please!"

bang bang, crack ass nigga,
hoes and shit be riding on ma dick yo,
poo poo face i gotta poo in my poopey hole,
what you say about me crackah am gonna tear up that asshole yo

riding down da streetz in my gangsta car yeah,
owning this town like a fukin king yeah,
everyone knows who da man is, they not gonna do shit,
i fuck dem up whilst they be taking a big shit yo (on da toilet)

poopey poopey, p p poopey poopey hole,
p p p poopey poopey, p p poopey poopey hole,
poopey poopey, p p poopey poopey hole,
p p p poopey poopey, p p poopey poopey hole,

i know kung fu so dont mess with me, im a master at the monkey style, hiya,
ooh ooh ah ah, dodge these bananas fool,
swinging right at you like bruce lee and tarzan had a kid,
whip out my 10 inch dick and use it as nunchucks