Why are metal fans such faggots? I say this as somebody who listens mostly to metal and rock

Why are metal fans such faggots? I say this as somebody who listens mostly to metal and rock.

I’ll listen to just about any sub genre of metal like black, death, thrash, ect. When I mention those genres online the response is pretty agreeable. But the moment I say I like some metalcore or nu-metalish sounding band metal fans go into an autistic rage. What’s the explanation behind this? Why are they so autistic? I’ve been listening to metal for 13 years and could never really figure out why they act like this. Are they just bitter incels who’s only sense of identity is the music they listen too?

Attached: 241343E1-F07F-4371-821B-C26C0CECBB5E.jpg (640x1055, 835K)

There's always gatekeepers.

Also, maybe you just like pleb shit.

It's a sheep/lemming mentality. Because metal is in general, not the norm (at least not charting), there's a kind of purity spiralling race towards who can be the most "metal", and it usually involves throwing other metal genres under the bus for... no fucking reason whatsoever.
This is what took me ages to figure out, as I was one of those people in my mid teens, and the only possible explanation for why I distanced myself from nu-metal was because of some perceived consensus that it wasn't authentically "metal" enough.
The recent spate of "there were 2 different 90's" threads explained it to me. The negative attitude towards nu-metal came from gen x-ers who saw it overtake the grunge and groove metal that defined their teens, just as they were reaching adulthood and entering the workforce. for the first time they felt what it was like to be disconnected from a youth culture that had adopted something other than what defined those gen x-ers, and as a consequence gen x-ers lashed out at nu-metal essentially because it reminded them that they were getting old.
never mind the fact that a lot of the bands gen x-ers were into also made it big and were "corporate". that was largely obscured by the fact that the yonger generations had no living memory of when the gen x scenes were at their peak, so all the gen x-ers had to do was invoke the "corporate" taboo and purity spirallinig metalheads would seek to put distance between them.

not this shit again

>pleb shit

Attached: 63D04C51-2B16-43FA-8C63-FC9456C4F8B7.jpg (410x432, 127K)

also, the "trve kvlt" purity spiralling of second wave black metal was catalysed by the perception of imported American culture into Norway as alien and undesirable. they were the most hipster pieces of shit because
1) they were trying to distance themselves as far as possible from importation of American culture
2) they were trying to one-up the analogous Swedish death metal scene that arose for much the same reasoning
3) they were trying to outdo one another within the scene to prove their creds

Varg seems to be completely unaware that his behaviour back then was on par with the non-white hooligans and hoodrats he likes to bash.

This makes so much sense.

It’s mostly online nerds who get upset like this. Irl most metal fans are cool and genuine even if your music taste isn’t their cup of tea.

tl;dr
the metal kids made fun of your korn shirt and told you to fuck off

metal-fans are insecure baby's. They fail in every aspect of life and compensate by being elitist about music.

Many people on Yea Forums are exactly like this as well

>I might not have a good job, my own home, many friends, a girlfriend, an education or anything else of value, but at least I'm not a pleb.

I never owned a korn shirt, but I've still got 3 Lamb of God tour tees and 2 from their Congregation membership somewhere.

Don't judge everyone based on a few metal purists no one really gives a fuck about anyways.

>Are they just bitter incels
sounds more like you are just an insufferable cunt.

>Are they just bitter incels who’s only sense of identity is the music they listen too?

This. Right. Here

If you're gonna get this buttmad about what people on the internet say then you deserve it

oh grow a pair, faggot

>they were mean to me too

>Why are metalheads such faggots?
>I like some metalcore

You just answered your own question

YOUR TEARS DON'T FALL
THEY CRASH AROUND ME

>the only way metalfags can defend their autism is by assuming that someone in real life actually gave a shit about what they listened to
Cope.

>they laughed at me

The only person who is being laughed at is you user.

>n-n-n-n-n-no you
And you wonder why

>the only way metalfags can defend their autism is by assuming that someone in real life actually gave a shit about what they listened to

Because metal is ruled by elitism and that's what made metal survive the poser hordes. Also metal is the best genre ever so go cry to your mom because a metalhead made fun of your Slipknot shirt.

I can't even tell who's arguing what point anymore, maybe chill out bros?

>huurrrrrr I just keep repeating it someone in real life will actually give a shit what I think

>he thinks he has an identity independent of his political beliefs, religious beliefs, and the media he chooses

we sunyata now