ITT: Post a philosophical position you are interested in or believe and others post what album, in their opinion...

ITT: Post a philosophical position you are interested in or believe and others post what album, in their opinion, is the best fit for it

I'll start:
>Pessimism

Attached: 1438514714949.jpg (396x385, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/39661
youtube.com/watch?v=o9i6mUOcoN0
youtube.com/watch?v=5u2UhBMZdjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pessimism, to me, can't possibly be a quiet, dreary position to believe in but instead loud and overpowering, due to the terror it can inspire
so i just picked the loudest album that i like

Attached: file.png (600x503, 335K)

>solipsism

personally, i think for solipsism, the only appropriate soundtrack would be your own music lol

Attached: 91L5vSR3saL._SX355_.jpg (355x349, 15K)

> nihilism
Hail to The Thief

This is a good take. I've been reading not Schopenhauer and Liggotti's conspiracy against the human race and a paradox I've noticed is that the anxiety embedded in the individual who accepts pessimistic ontology as basically correct often leads them to optimism in the form of practical supplements to the ontology.

For example I just finished the first passage in Conspiracy where Ligotti argues for antinatalism. I found it sort of amazing that he didn't realize or perhaps ignored a contradiction in actively supporting an antinatalis project which he had already pointed out earlier in the text; that to kill oneself is an affirmative act and thus intrinsically optimistic rather than pessimsitic. Thus the gradual depopulation of the planet would essentially just be a global extrapolation of this contradiction and is similarly optimistic not pessimistic. To put it another way, the antinatalists believe the total disappearance of the human species would be the greatest affront to suffering ever, indeed that it may abolish it completely. But isn't this essentially saying "in death human consciousness would have meaning" and thus contradict the entire proposition of the book: that human consciousness is only the most terrifying act of randomness is in a series of such acts and it is only terrifying because it confirms the intrinsic nothingness at the bottom of reality?

The real terror as far as I can tell, from buying into pessimism and not merely rejecting it due to some religious argument or some other form of idealistic metaphysics, is that truly nothing can ever be affirmative even if the human motivation behind it stems from the search for affirmation. Thus Amorality isn't so much of a position that should be argued for or against but merely the state of things itself and that all systems which seek to legitimize moral constructs are doomed to fail because the project is essentially as delusional as believing the earth is flat or the existence of God

Futurism

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Wouldn't West be more of a nietzschean than a solipsistic? He seems to believe himself to be an ubermensch or at least has faith in the concept of an ubermensch

>pantheism

>But isn't this essentially saying "in death human consciousness would have meaning"
i don't know.
i wouldn't say that just because we can make the universe void of its negative aspects, we are capable of creating meaning.
i think the only way the universe can have meaning is for it to contain positive aspects, and for those positive aspects to outweigh the negative ones.
it seems like the antinatalist aim is to swap out suffering AND meaninglessness for meaninglessness alone

Attached: a1334331492_10.jpg (1000x903, 309K)

Stronger exists, so there's that

But this is precisely my point. In bringing about meaninglessness without suffering humanity would contain a legacy. It would be a legacy which no one could perceive but it would exist nontheless.

Or would it?

genius.com/39661
Lol

Accelerationism

Attached: 198384.jpg (171x266, 12K)

6ix9ine

See
And literally any other zoomer amoral trap music. ZillaKami is another good example

I would say Machine Girl is also pretty accelerationist

Attached: 17333861_1255334004572338_3862287810950070272_n.jpg (320x320, 18K)

>egoism

determinism and negative utilitarianism

>egoism
Pic related

Attached: a2613348647_10.jpg (1200x1200, 73K)

>solipsism

Philosophical skepticism. And i am skeptic of this position.

Gnosticism

Fascism

Anything by NON, aka Boyd Rice
If you like metal Stormtroopers of Death They claimed the fascist shit was ironic but Billy Milano's next band Method of Destruction pretty much confirmed that was just something they told the media to cover their ass

>stoicism

New mysterianism

Hard determinism

Attached: really.jpg (819x1024, 390K)

Wtf are these I've literally never heard of them

Uhhh then google them?

If you can't offer a coherent summary of a philosophical position you've become interested in chances are
1)You don't understand it yet
2)it's a meme

>Neoplatonism

Attached: cover.jpg (2700x2700, 1.41M)

i'm someone else but determinism is just the philosophy that human behavior/choice is largely (and entirely in the case of 'hard' determinism) determined by their environments and various other factors, so by extension we have no free will
ie if you were to turn back the clock 10 seconds, we'd make the same choices every single time

Oh so you can't be held accountable for the your actions?

you 'can' be but not morally or ethically (i might be using these wrong)
so for example, yes you can be held accountable by other people (who also have no free will)
but criminals would become criminals because their life determined that they would be that: born into a poor family, their role models were criminals, they never had opportunity to pursue higher education, they never saw reason to stay in school due to their role models pulling them towards street, born into led-filled homes making them more retarded, etc -- doomed from birth

Catholicism

Attached: 1141_San_Pio_V_e_san.jpg (1437x1980, 866K)

Different person here, under determinism the concepts of ‘accountability’ or ‘responsibility’ are mostly discarded. This is becoming an increasingly popular belief with the rising influence of genetic predisposition in our society.

english prog rock

Optimism

Attached: 1493942179946.jpg (396x385, 21K)

Panpsychism

Attached: brain.jpg (540x304, 34K)

Attached: 220px-Thisheatdeceit.jpg (220x230, 12K)

Absurdism

Attached: _104902725_gettyimages-544452156.jpg (660x371, 20K)

Lamp - 木洩陽通りにて (Komorebi Doori Nite)
youtube.com/watch?v=o9i6mUOcoN0

Fills me up with pure joy everytime I listen to the album

Attached: last ned (2).jpg (225x224, 14K)

Antinatalism/Efilism

Anamanaguchi

Nirvana, in Utero

Mike Posner, pick anything.

Pic related.

Attached: E453B9F9-66FD-42C0-8D8F-ED454C69445A.jpg (220x220, 13K)

Morally, no, since you aren't an autonomous moral agent. The philosophy takes into account social systems that deter poor behavior though.

Quietism

Pic related is the obvious choice

Attached: front.jpg (600x537, 58K)

I personally would've said Soundtracks For The Blind.

>social systems that deter poor behavior
aka non-shithole countries

Clarence Clarity

Yeah I could see that

what album?

I Have a Special Plan for This World

Which are?

North Korea

...is it any good?

only if you have autism

Find out for yourself

Anything by Mr Bungle

For me it's gotta be solipsism

Juche

Attached: 77ugtfe0h6721.jpg (1000x1350, 391K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5u2UhBMZdjc

Damn this is actually really good

nice

>mereological nihilism