This motherfucker is actually affiliated with Complex Media...

This motherfucker is actually affiliated with Complex Media. So most of these artists who go on Hot Ones —Billie Eillish— or go shoe shopping gets positive reviews from Fantano.

Why do we take this guy serious again? There is obviously a conflict of interest here.

Attached: 1_HWOD9K4x95HHBNXV3Xm-Rg.jpg (640x438, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shallowrewards.substack.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=OSptJBMKVeY
youtube.com/watch?v=lVrFu1OGS-Q&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=APoGyJqeeKw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes and he also gets money directly funneled by soros himself personally

He's always been a huge shill for the current music industry. It's just his fans are mostly children that exclusively listen to rap so they don't give a shit or don't notice

So what? Christgau worked for Rolling Stone; Chris Ott worked for Pitchfork. Your point?

>why do we take this guy seriously
Peak reddit op

dude made a pateron with his """extra content""" being him listening to an album everyone knows once a month

it's 2019 and some fat vegan literally makes money off of telling teenagers to listen to swans

This guy has proven time and time again he is a total fraud. Lets just drop it.

Every large reviewer is affiliated with some large industry entity, that's why your best bet is to always listen to the album yourself and decide if you like it or not but most of Yea Forums is under 20 and easily impressionable.

scaruffi didn’t work for anyone

he should have stuck to making drone metal and meme reviews desu

Wouldn't this mean that wikipedia would accept fantano then if he works for Complex then?

Christgau is even more of an intolerable shit than melonhead.

Chris Ott hasn't work for p4k since the early 00s and has said tons of critical stuff about them

Attached: 129090230923.png (726x934, 552K)

is that chris ott's twitter?

In fairness to Clairo, I heard some of the songs on her album. I liked them. But if Pitchfork is trying to push a "go support her because she's oppressed" sort of thing, yeah I can do without that.

Big of true.

You people really couldn't tell he's a shill?
It never struck you as odd that a single person, or small handful of people have been so visible and promoted on this site for the past several years/decade.
This applies to any subject and board, whether it be Yea Forums, /pol/, /g/ or Yea Forums.
Never trust these types of people, always look for someone who looks like an actual person and not an actor.

it’s obvious he’s a shill OP is just a faggot teenager

His face repulses me.

Fantano is Chris Ott approved; so he is not a shill

We've been over this. He's not a real critic. Popularity =! trustworthy. He's just another YouTuber LARPing as a critic.

yah it's weedadmlm

Not OP but I'm really curious about what point this retard thinks he's making.

Is he implying that believing corporations will pay to shape public opinion is as outlandish as believing in George Soros conspiracy theories?

nobody would hire him

This is amazing news to me. Thanks.

Fantano gets facts and dates wrong all the time. His reviews are full of errors. I'm pretty sure he just skims a Wikipedia page five minutes before recording his videos.

Scaruffi is also retarded and has absolutely no context for anything he says because he is a foreigner. His appreciation of pop music will never be whole. He will never get it.

>weaponizing the cheap piety of gender disprivilege
stealing this in the future... not sure what it means tho

>affiliated with Complex Media.
Proof? I'd love for this to get around.

Taiga was the only good thing antwon fantwon has put on the internet, and he even tries to keep the d'albis from putting it out there.

He is doing podcasts again and apparently has a discord server?
shallowrewards.substack.com/

why would dates matter to someone like fantano? he's a music reviewer, not a history professor.

He means that women are under-privileged, but that's not something that can be used prop up quality or authenticity, which is 100% how they have made the narrative for Shillie and Clairo and co. They're authentic because they have problems because they're women etc.

what is a reviewer except someone who makes the case as to whether something ought to be considered historically important in the future?

At 0:24
youtube.com/watch?v=OSptJBMKVeY

At 10:50
youtube.com/watch?v=lVrFu1OGS-Q&feature=youtu.be

We don’t take him seriously you faggot
Ott is more enjoyable for his anecdotes and discussion of music history, not so much his criticism
Christgau is even worse than fantano, christgau may have been the first numale
Scaruffi is funny but he doesn’t even play an instrument or know much of anything about music, he abuses buzzwords almost as much as Fantano.
His absolute favourite albums are good but there’s a lot of shit further down on the list, and his contrarianism often gets pretty cringy
Not to mention ‘le critic is le real artist’ which is something non-creative people say as a cope because they can only criticise and not create

>Scaruffi
>degree in mathematics
>has been invited to ivy league schools to speak
>important figure in silicon valley

>Fantano
>degree in journalism
>can't even get hired by real companies
>has been a vegan for years but is still obese somehow

Durr me liek Fantano because he has funny costumes and may mays

Attached: anthony-davis-heinous-teeth.jpg (560x751, 43K)

Good shit. Thank you for delivering, user.

Fantano was invited to Yale

>>degree in mathematics
>>has been invited to ivy league schools to speak
>>important figure in silicon valley
What does this have to do with music? Nothing.

I'm not defending Fantano. He's shit, that doesn't make Scaruffi better. Listen to a real critic.

You have to have a high IQ to critic art which Fantano doesn't have. He can barely even make music the guy is a shit musician on top of being average IQ.

>You have to have a high IQ to critic art
No. It's called 2nd level creativity. Which I agree Fantano does not have, but neither does Scaruffi, and even if he did, he's too far from the source to comment on pop music.

Musicians are shit writers most of the time tho.

!=

This one too at 0:13
youtube.com/watch?v=APoGyJqeeKw

Melon is done for

It's not a secret though, I don't know why people here thought he was some independent reviewer with no bias.

ZOOMERS, KEEP ON ZOOMING

Attached: zoomie.jpg (315x160, 7K)

It's almost as if you can form your own opinions about music and not let a melon dictate them to you

>can’t defend scaruffi
>pretends the person he’s arguing with likes someone worse
Cringe
>implying being a software engineer has anything to do with music
>taking any critic seriously especially one who doesn’t even play an instrument
Big cringe

Hmm. I didn't know he was part of an MCN. Complex must be a really good one considering almost every well known youtuber hates MCNs and I never take Fantano as an idiot.

nobody gives a shit about him

>no context for anything he says because he is a foreigner. His appreciation of pop music will never be whole. He will never get it.
This is not a bad thing.

Yes it is. Nothing exists in a vacuum. Complete objectivity is impossible. Stop deluding yourself.

>reviews album by convicted pedophile
what dd fantano mean by this?

Attached: fantano.png (1362x724, 783K)

FUCK THE CRITICS, POST SOME ANTI-CRITIC MUSIC

Attached: how sweet.jpg (1500x1500, 206K)

how is this anti-critic music? Any real critic would recognize how massively important he was.

The advantage is a look at pop from a more musically whole, erudite perspective, not a purely objective one. Scaruffi was a jazz/classical fag who didn't grow up with the pop media image of pop music.

Critics skip over his 60's work cause they weren't "woke" like his early 70's stuff.

He wasn't a huge hit with critics until What's Going On desu

>a more musically whole, erudite perspective
But that misses a LOT of what pop music is including live performance, image, marketing, physical media release etc. Pop isn't jazz and it isn't classical. Just as the appreciation for jazz and classical have different criteria, so too does pop music. Pop music, like pop art's appeal, however is not merely musical, just as pop art is not merely visual but conceptual.

>billionaires dont funnel money to put things their biased for above other things. They would never try to shape the world to their will.

Attached: 21aa1a31807c2888f867756054c59f05bf25f3f78853f055fb43fdc732e8f073.jpg (1018x1018, 150K)

Critics also laughed at Zeppelin in their day, sometimes their finger misses the pulse entirely.

i don't understand the appeal of music critics esp in the internet age.... just listen to music yourself and form your own tastes and opinions.

why would anyone want to hear a pretentious doosh ramble on instead actually listen to the actual music they're talking about.

Humans are weird.

It makes even more sense in the internet age, so much stuff gets pushed out everyday because it's much easier to self produce your own content that it'd be impossible to listen to every release each year so people want someone else to tell them what the best is to narrow it down. I think it's useful to find more acts I didn't know about but changing your opinion on an album because a critic didn't like it as much as you originally did is extremely beta.

reminder that the hack gets millions of dollars off of ad revenue because of the sheer amount of reviews he has over the years and still has the gal to open up a patreon to get even more money from his braindead audience

>youtube
>in current year
>literally anybody making more than $5/month
you know that website that supposedly tells you how much a youtuber makes is bullshit, right?

I can just hear the first two tracks of a song and determine whether I would like to continue to listen to the album or not. It's much faster than watching a Fantano video which provides nothing but a score and colorful language to an album.

It's interesting really. The pay could be next to nothing or it could be lucrative. It really depends on the youtuber.

You're both talking about music reviewers, not critics. A critic is someone who is able to open up new viewpoints or avenues through which to explore an album/the album's importance. A reviewer just tells you if something is good or not. Critics are important and you actually need to be somewhat intelligent to be a good critic, a reviewer requires no skill whatsoever. Fantano is the latter.

He has millions. It's already been confirmed.

Can I make money by posting 80's Post-Punk?

Attached: junkyard the.jpg (300x300, 16K)

You're literally proving that corporate brainwashing is a key element of pop music. Congratulations.

Doubt it, but music has it good in the sense that everyone uses streaming services just including youtube. No one is going to watch the same youtubers over at Vidmeo or Dailymotion.

Yeah, it is, that's pretty obvious. Are you historically illiterate? You didn't have those factors involved as intimately in the distribution of classical or jazz. It's a different beast.

Well, then, what to say? You'd expect a fan of a music genre to defend its quality and universality, rather than shitting on it like this, limiting its possibility of expression to only a select number of people who will eventually die off. Art is an attempt to reach eternity, and the fate of pop music is, by your logic, to be momentary and forgettable.

He has a lot of power in the music industry that could make or break and artist despite the fact that he calls himself a "reviewer" or "Music Nerd".

He's and Influencer plain and simple. Lester Bangs, Christgau and many other respected rock critics were essentially influencers before the term was even a thing.

zappa-esque and gongpilled

Yeah, it is. It's a dated genre. Timeless is an adjective, not a reality. Get real my man. We don't get to make up the terms of the game. You can only play the hand your dealt. We're here for a finite time, and we really only get what is available to us in that time. Different times yield different phenomena.

> (You)
>Yeah, it is. It's a dated genre. Timeless is an adjective, not a reality. Get real my man. We don't get to make up the terms of the game. You can only play the hand your dealt. We're here for a finite time, and we really only get what is available to us in that time. Different times yield different phenomena.

Attached: 30grof.jpg (1699x1920, 231K)

Youtube pays more ad revenue for channels that upload more videos often and he makes a video almost every single day that breaks 100k+ views plus a million meme comments that also factor into the popularity of the channel according to youtube so I'm sure he's doing well off. Plus he gets paid by Complex for his videos as well. If he wasn't doing well financially then he wouldn't be doing it fulltime with how much it costs to live in New England.

based

How much do you think citypop uploaders and the sundry other auspicious beneficiaries of the "Youtube algorithm" get paid?

I guess the question would be how much of a hand does Complex's MCN have on its members? I don't know when Fantano joined them but he still has reviews that aren't mainstream friendly, like giving Chance a fat 0, Jaden Smith a 3, Daniel Caesar a 5, etc. So it's kind of hard to measure if he's a complete shill to Complex. However he's changed his reviewing style a bit over the past couple of years. Instead of reviewing almost every album he listens to now adays, he seems to just pick the ones that are most anticipated, or the occasional underground album that he really really likes. He hardly rates albums below a 4 anymore, instead giving most of them a NOT GOOD. Also, Cal Chuctesta doesn't appear as often (except the past couple of months I guess). So I think if he's shilling, he's shilling the style of his channel rather than what he actually thinks about albums.

Fantano is a soulless corporate talking head with sexist tendencies

Also he's reviewed people's projects negatively who have been on a Complex show, like Lil Yachty, Lil Skies, Lil Pump, etc.

what's your favorite talking heads song?

This must be the place or Born Under Punches

Idk if they pay him for scores doubt it but possible, but he has become a bit more top 40 pop friendly. Post Malone goes from not good to a 7 or whatever on beerbongs and bentleys? Ok...

>outlandish as believing in George Soros conspiracy theories?

This, George Soros does not impact the world at all with his money. That's honestly antisemetic and belongs on /pol/

Maybe if you're dealing purely in the context of pop music itself. You've just confined a major area of expression purely to its labels. Doing this and an artist like Herman Melville should have died out utterly from public conscious right now. While it may be fine to judge figures like MJ or Madonna this way (and they would rank among the GOAT), other artists have a bid beyond labels and public power. I don't see Scaruffi's attempt at a higher canon in the pop music phenomenon as invalid in this regard. It's reaching to what's worth keeping as art through the medium itself, despite the phenomenon it *technically* falls under.

>he doesn’t even play an instrument
>implying this is remotely relevant
>Not to mention ‘le critic is le real artist’
>being such a retard that you can't tell he was obviously joking

>Imagine caring about anything he said in the last 10 years. Fucking zoomers and their friend-less lives. Why can't live with your own opinion on music? Or talking about it with a close friends who knows about music but no, you go full: "HAHA DUDE MUH YOUTUBER LE FUUNNYY 7/10 REVIEW XDD"

My friends all like top 40 trap shit or warped tour pop punk garbage

big if true

Based.

BEWARE THE TASTEMAKERS

CRITICS WILL BE SENTENCED TO GUILLOTINE COME 2020