Okay Yea Forums lets settle this:

Okay Yea Forums lets settle this:
What's the best Animal Collective album?

>Spoiler alert: pic related

Attached: SpiritAlbumCov.jpg (1000x1000, 160K)

not quite, that's their 3rd best

Attached: sj.jpg (500x500, 88K)

shit taste and waste of dubs

I wanna see your ANCO albums ranked

The objective top 4 is
>STGSTV
>HCTI
>Feels
>MPP
In roughly that order

Based

sung tongs might be their best album - i appreciated it way more after seeing them perform it live

I really like Spirit, I do, but Feels is their most impressive album in my opinion. Most solid songwriting, impressive performances, Avey's singing on that album is unbelievable. Songs are more focused, lyrics are more evocative and understandable but still imaginative.

Feels isn't as experimental as their first 4 records but it's my favorite.

THIS HOUSE IS SAAA(AH,AH,AH,AH)D

Attached: my-image(2).png (936x374, 254K)

There is no way Feels > STGSTV.
Turn into Something was a terrible way to end that album after Banshee Beat and Loch Raven. Ending with Brother Sport is the same reason why MPP isn't so satisfying.

Alvin Row is one of Animal Collective's best tracks, ever. Not standalone, but in perspective of the album it sums up all of the major themes both lyrically and musically in one track.
There has never been a song like Alvin Row and there never will be.

STGSTV for me is just Penny Dreadfuls and other not as good songs, the gimmicky where the track melody changes when half of it is gone gets boring and corny very quickly

>Ending with Brother Sport is the same reason why MPP isn't so satisfying.
Shitty opinion

Shitty opinion

Top 3 AnCo:
1. Feels
2. Spirit
3. Jam

Top 3 AnCo solo:
1. Sleep Cycle
2. Cows
3. Person Pitch

Attached: ebe389c7b2f9469e914f6d49108fad0c.jpg (770x678, 44K)

i'll agree that Turn into Something is a bad closer but brothersport closing MPP is probably the best way they could've done it

also alvin row is just an inferior Meet the Light Child

>April And The Phantom
>Bat You'll Fly
>La Rapet
You need to listen to the album more.

Not the whole reason why it's not as satisfying, but listening through the whole album, Brother Sport doesn't really fit there imo. What does it really add to MPP?

I've listen to it enough, that's why I'm certain it's not that good

brother sport is one of the best songs in the album. I know it might be a bit cringe but for me, i only "got" the song after listening to it while tripping hard on some 300ug of LSD. Ever since then, putting that song on never fails to make me feel happy. Its a fucking jam

Brothersport opens with a song structure very similar to other songs on the album (my girls, taste) which keeps things coherent, but then dives off into the instrumental section which is highlighted by the fact that most of the album is not instrumental. the rhythms used are still consistent with what came before though
so it's like the perfect closing, reiterating previous ideas but also reframing them

>the gimmick of contrasting sections in music is "corny"
You're fucking retarded

Listening to ANCO albums on LSD is fucking incredible, definitely not cringe.

Based and compelling response, never looked at it that way before. I'll listen to the album again keeping this in mind.

yeah it really is fantastic even as a standalone song, arguably the Live at 9:30 version is even better in that regard

No you, but literally actually and unironically. You can't even comprehend simple posts like that and probably never will

>Melody not same as b4. Me no like

Attached: Grug Wojak.jpg (800x450, 42K)

the only based reply itt

Attached: anco_tier.png (952x744, 988K)

1. Strawberry Jam
2. Feels
3. Sung Tongs
4. MPP
5. STGSTV