Why isn’t Bob Dylan posted here a lot? His music is fun to talk about when I can...

Why isn’t Bob Dylan posted here a lot? His music is fun to talk about when I can, but I don’t know many Dylan fans in my personal life besides my dad

Attached: 85FC3AD8-BF7B-4521-AF7B-A51F2CE93234.jpg (1280x1545, 318K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sJlnTOLZcNc
youtu.be/V4BdVB5t_Vg
youtu.be/D0pBXHugmLM
youtu.be/gaN1VfmI3Io
youtu.be/OMPO9u8Ika4
youtu.be/Lh8UQ8vZ2b0
youtu.be/DEy6EuZp9IY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Exactly, only boomers listen to Bob Dylan.

I guess I’m the exception, then....

i've never even heard of this guy

Because Yea Forums is filled with zoomer who have shit taste

Dylan threads invariably get ruined by anti-Dylanfags posting the same meme criticiisms.
>Zimmerman
>the suns not yellow its chicken
>he didn't deserve a nobel
>cowboy chords
I'm by no means a Dylan fan but it sucks that we can't even discuss him on a board ostensibly dedicated to music discussion.

Desire is a magical album

exactly this

elliott smith > bob dylan

This is the third thread about him at this very moment.

Either someone is spamming or 3 people saw the netflix documentary

Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands is the best love song ever written.

It really isn’t, the bulk of the lyrics are amphetamine fuelled bollocks and it goes on forever. Beautiful melody, that’s about it.

when did he die? you never hear about him post 1960s but i know he did some shitty songs in the 80s

Agreed

This isn't a music board. I love Dylan but don't know anyone who would listen to him, he tends to be a good pleb filter despite his importance and historical popularity. He's not really worthwhile if you're a casual.

Not many young people are Dylan fans or can even appreciate how he influenced the musical landscape. But your not alone man, went to a Dylan concert this year and among the sea of wannabe cowboy boomers where a core of young people.

He's posted here tons, have you even been looking? Dylan is one of the most beloved artists in popular music and has several universally acclaimed albums.
Smith was definitely the more sophisticated songwriter, but he's never written anything that even comes close to peak Dylan.

Why are zoomers on here going through a 60's phase?

I’m probably a bit old to be a “zoomer” but I have been listening to Bob Dylan since I was eight, Masters of War was my favourite back then.

Do you come here often? He is posted regularly usually hate threads I make.

Cause I'm sick of him, his voice
Covers of his songs are better than his versions

Id rather listen to cats being skinned en masse

Bump

Jokerman is Kino

What's a good starting point for his music?

Empire Burlesque

Attached: B0D069B0-C49C-46EE-9C19-D2E1407FB7AF.jpg (600x589, 188K)

I have only ever listened to his music from the 60's, never even thought about anything else as I assumed it would be terrible - am I wrong?

he has at least two worthwhile albums in every decade

Check out Time out of Mind and Blood on the Tracks. Especially Blood on the Tracks is absolutely essential.

Bob Dylan has good lyrics but on a musical standpoint, he's just kinda boring

because his music sucks

>on a musical standpoint, he's just kinda boring
no not really :)

I have no clue its really odd. I mean he gets posted occassionally, but not as much as one would think. There is a lack of folk discussion in general on Yea Forums I want someone to talk to kate rusby and arlo guthrie too ;-;
Based
How, satan?
You'd think he'd at least pull a modest zoomer audience with how zany some of his lyrics can seem and his voice being particularly as the kids say "memey" heck, wiggle wiggle should've pulled some of them in
Unfortunately
This. I've yet to check out plymouth rock yet but I hope its good. Amigo by arlo Guthrie is also fantastic. You'll love it user, especially if you like desire
More serious does not equate to better as much as I like mr. Smith. Also I'd reckon they're too different to comfortably compare. Not saying that that's why you think so that's just a lot of the people I've seen's reasoning for saying that. Nor am I trying to invalidate your opinion, as I could see that remark sounding snarky. Rock on, sir. His oh sister cover is great. I also love his live rendition of all my rowdy friends have settled down. I wish he would've done a more traditional folk album
This one is the best one up. The netflix doc was underwhelming. The black and white one of his last acoustic tour and the 3 hour one by the same guy were far better
Arguably yes user. Superb taste
He's alive
Is he actually a pleb filter? The only albums I could see pleb filtering people are his really raspy voiced ones like tempest?

What are y'alls' favorite bob dylan bootleg series releases? Volumes 1-3, volume 6, volume 9, and volume 11 are mine. The unfinished piano take of like a rolling stone is beautiful. Early bob dylan is especially underrated here. The billy the kid soundtrack album isn't as bad as people say, self-portrait is NOT one of bob's worst releases, the street legal praise is warrented, its baffling how I'll keep it with mine was left off blonde and blonde. Bob dylan is THE goat. His christian period wasn't that bad. Recent releases aside from the shadows in the night type stuff have been good. Tempest, love and theft, and time out of mind are amoung his best. World gone wrong is underappreciated especially on here. Oh mercy is overrated. I just wish he did an album inspired entirely by louisiana like randy newman's good ole boys or something. Also that live album recorded at the same place cheap trick recorded their live album in japan is also underrated as hell and the logical conclusion to street legal. Infidels is overrated but jokerman is kino.Thoughts?

Blood on the Tracks is his best album by far.

>. The black and white one of his last acoustic tour and the 3 hour one by the same guy were far better
What? Are you talking about Don't Look Back and Eat The Document. Neither of those were 3 hours.

>Don't Look Back
Nvm. You mean Don't Look Back and then the Scorsese doc.

Pennebaker died. Maybe that's it.

I finally "got" dylan like 2 months ago and hes already my third most listened to artist on last.fm. I have never seen lyrics anywhere near as good as Dylan's, its legitamently mindblowing. Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61, and Blonde on Blonde is probably the best 3 album stretch in history (except maybe for the Beatles)

Attached: cover.jpg (1201x1207, 218K)

He played by my university but the tickets were $200+ and I was jobless at the time so I missed out :^(
Yes B)
It depends on what you like. If you like rock highway 61 revisted. If you like pop blonde on blonde or street legal. If you like folk the freewheeling bob dylan. If you're a sadboi time out of mind. If you like country/americana the basement tapes or that album with lay lady lay on it.
No but it does have its moments. Its pretty underrated. Tight connection to my heart, I'll remember you, when the night comes falling through the sky, and emotionally yours are all great

Have you listened to Blood on the Tracks yet? If you want better lyrics than Dylan listen to Songs of Leonard Cohen and Songs of Love and Hate.

Yea my bad. My mind slipped on its name. Don't look back and no direction home were the 2 I meant

Highly reccing this if you like desire
youtu.be/sJlnTOLZcNc
youtu.be/V4BdVB5t_Vg
Highly reccing for fans of the freewheeling bob dylan
youtu.be/D0pBXHugmLM
youtu.be/gaN1VfmI3Io
youtu.be/OMPO9u8Ika4
If you like the melancholic feel of time out of mind you might appreciate this
youtu.be/Lh8UQ8vZ2b0

I used to love Bob Dylan, recently I find his music to be annoying and his lyrics come across as meaningless word salad that sound like something Beck would write.

John Darnielle is the patrician singer-songwriter

Dylan's are not bad but this guys lyrics are terrible. Why you post this?

Never heard of the guy.

If you want a singer songwriter as clever as Bob Dylan listen to John Prine.

youtu.be/DEy6EuZp9IY

Attached: 13D2216B-3842-4E07-983F-6258FE8D6DF3.jpg (768x768, 36K)

I just really like the Mountain Goats ;_;

this post is what autism looks like