How is this so good?

How is this so good?

Attached: 483367D2-9F50-4E4A-B390-563730FE6129.jpg (700x702, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

secretrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-residents-in-between-dreams-live-2018-sr15
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it almost broke them as they were making it

genuinely excellent composition underneath the weird incongruous sounds

Just listened to a bit of it. It's pretty weird. I don't like it

Attached: SON-OF-THE-MASK_026-600x900.jpg (600x900, 127K)

filtered

ive gave this album a try before because was so highly regarded. It doesnt do it for me, will give it another try tonight.

Because it’s their magnum opus where they implemented their theory of obscurity to a most stringent standard

This

because they put a series of sounds together that are stimulating

The ship is going down, mood.

the making of a soul is my favorite song

get back to Radiohead, this is not for you

you disgust me

elaborate

Just got into The Residents, and out of the four albums I’ve listened to, (Duck Stab, Meet The Residents, Not Available and Eskimo) Not Available is definitely my favourite. There’s just something so beautiful about it, despite how weird it is. It’s like a David Lynch movie for the ears.

Listen to their new live album its easily my favorite release of 2019 and it truly captures what seeing them is like
secretrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-residents-in-between-dreams-live-2018-sr15

Also listen to Demons Dance Alone, Animal Lover, Ghost of Hope, Mark of the Mole, Title in Limbo, Fingerprince, Commercial Album, Intermission, Cube-E and Third Reich and Roll as soon as you can because they are ALL fantastic albums. I would also recommend God in 3 Persons, The Ughs, and Coochie Brake.

based Scaruffi drone

fucking kek

God I love the residents, I relate so much to them. It really does take you to a different reality

Wanna throw in my tier list as well as I feel it's slightly significant because they have so many fucking albums it can be overwhelming (this will be excluding live albums and studio releases I have not delved fully into)

Eskimo > Animal Lover > Not Available > Demons Dance Alone > Meet the Residents > Mark of the Mole > Ghost of Hope > Fingerprince > Third Reich and Roll > Duck Stab > Title in Limbo > Intruders > Mush-Room > Stars and Hank Forever > Bunny Boy > Freak Show > Tweedles > Big Bubble > Tune of Two Cities > Wormwood

It's important to remember some albums (see Freak Show) may have some of their best songs, but as a whole are generally weaker albums.

am listening to it for the first time right now
sounds like a bunch of patapons are singing

Will definitely listen to those. I was planning on listening to The Commercial Album tonight, actually.

Don't let anyone tell you they turned to shit after Clem and Co left because desu they have only improved as a band. Sure the studio work may have declined in quality in some respects but as a live band they have only gotten better and better, plus some of their studio work (see my tier list above) is just as good as their old work. The stuff with Molly Harvey is fucking INCREDIBLE and Nolan Cook may be one of my favorite guitar players of ALL TIME.

Another fun fact, their current producer (since Hardy Fox died that is) is a guy who has worked with a number of great musicians. Eric Drew Feldman. He worked with Captain Beefheart on one of hist best records (Shiny Beast), PJ Harvey, and Pixies + Frank Black.

Well, I’m looking forward to when I get to that stuff, then.

It can be overwhelming because of the amount of material there is, and always will be. But they are a band whos quality is always worth it, outside of Voice of Midnight. Skip that shit and just listen to The Ughs instead.

one final thing (sorry for the info dump) Look into secret records because they are constantly releasing new shit from them.

I agree there’s some great moments of beauty on it, my favorite being the crescendo at the end of never known questions which seemingly takes its influence from everything and everywhere in time and space

Yeah, that’s my favourite moment too.

Spbp