Korn

>Korn
How does this board shit on them for being "edgy" or "angsty" while praising fake edgy and angsty shit all day like mumble rap and Eilish?

Attached: korn43.jpg (720x720, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OXgOSyLSydk
youtube.com/watch?v=nDKptWMsWSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because metal bad and nu metal is bad-er

Attached: 2e1lxv.jpg (645x729, 31K)

Don't know

Attached: rvw.png (353x1032, 86K)

The adidas tracksuits were way cooler than the steampunk jackboot marching band look. and even that wasnt that cool.

who here is praising eilish lol

Even from their own fanbase they get hate. They did push out that dubstep album.

Lot of people hate it but a lot of people like it too. Korn fanbase after Untouchables is pretty divided in terms of who likes which albums, each one seems to have a niche of fans and each one seems to have a niche of haters....all the albums since Head came back seem pretty much well received though, in the actual fanbase that is

Literally everyone gets shit on by this board but there are far more anons who unironically like korn than ones who like Billie and mumble rappers. I’m not sure what you’re complaining about.

because their music tastes are a deeply engrained part of their personality as if they were the ones that composed and produced it, so mocking other tastes by pointing their obvious flaws is necessary to make their own seem better and feel cool

in all seriousness the lyrics and band members in general are cringy but the music in itself is pretty cool, still love their two first and fourth albums
i just try to ignore the angsty teen-like lyrics

kr0n

>in all seriousness the lyrics and band members in general are cringy
>i just try to ignore the angsty teen-like lyrics

It's kind of interesting to me, I honestly like Korn but don't listen to them that much because I have clinical depression and constantly reinforcing those feelings doesn't actually help me. However, aside from the occasional edgelord antics Jonathan writes, I find his blunt as hell lyrics to be the most honest and accurate lyrics I've heard that showcase depression....it's not romantic, or sarcastic, or artistic...it's just kind of straight up and blunt how it feels to be constantly miserable. I will always respect that even if I don't want to hear it all the time, meanwhile a lot of other artists who are far more respected tread into similar territory it always sounds phony, like a non depressed persons idea of romanticized depression. There is nothing good about having depression, at all.

I actually just saw Korn and Alice in Chains live the other day. I kinda complained about Korn being the main part of the line-up, but I have to admit they put on a damn good show live.

they did nu metal earlier and better than anyone else with their ST. I'm old enough to have lived through grunge and nu metal and honestly every "edgy" nu metal band you can come up with after the mid 90s outright stole from or at least was heavily influenced by korn. whether you like them or not, they were influential

>sounds phony, like a non depressed persons idea of romanticized depression
those are generally more well received because they indeed are trying to convey an idea of depression they have formed in an artificial way and trying to make it sound romantic the same way they do with any other subject, and since most people don't really experience any kind of misery through their life they don't feel particularly attracted to pieces that originated from raw emotion because it doesn't resonate with the way they feel or understand something feels like
if they do, it's out of some kind of wicked curiosity, as we all find these crude expressions amusing

however, even tho the feeling is real and hence the music feels real, it doesn't resonate with me anymore, since i grew out of it
it did when i was like 12-15, but i'm a grown man now, and if people find korn's lyrics edgy and clumsy, it's because they are something we associate with teenagers, because we've been through it
and that's not something an adult do

"Why are you trying to make fun of me?
You think it's funny?
What the fuck you think it's doing to me?
You take your turn lashing out at me
I want you crying when you're dirty in the front of me"

i know it's about the columbine shooting, however, most people won't get the hint, and since it is sung in fist person, it seems to be conveying that, the singer himself, is fantasizing about getting a violent revenge on his school's bullies
and that's something really odd in a 30 years old guy

Agreed. But I feel it deserves respect for being genuine, it gets it from me at least. I personally will take childish but genuine expressions of depression over romantic ones that happen to be written tastefully, but seem disingenuous or fake.

youtube.com/watch?v=OXgOSyLSydk
youtube.com/watch?v=nDKptWMsWSU

billie eilish is not good but her shit is better than anything korn has put out since issues

now korn's first two albums? that's some good shit

Didn't studies reveal that bullying can cause trauma that lasts even in your 60's depending on how severe it was?

It's not a comfortable thing for society to talk about because a lot of adults were bullies as child if not are still bullies just a different way and don't want to admit that they fucked up a person's brain for life

>billie eilish is not good but her shit is better than anything korn has put out since issues
The worst song from Static-X is better than the best teen pop song, don't play yourself.

yeah, you develop your skills and attitudes and general feeling of self in society when you are a child and then a teenager
and yeah, bullied people tend to never get over that gloomy vibe because their brains have been conditioned to associate people with negative stimuli, and you can't reverse that
telling a bullied people to "try" or "stop being lazy" or "stop being negative" or "boring" is like telling a patient with cancer to stop being bald
and because the way it happens, it's not easy to fix a bullied person's personality
generally you are bullied for being weak, and probably timid
the bullying will make you turn even more timid and insecure, and presumable scared, which in turn makes you an easy target and any one will take the cance to step over you because they don't usually have the oportunitty to be over someone else
this ends in you getting lower and lower in the social ladder until you reach adulthood and you have to survive in the wild, where courtesy smooths down every sharp corner but the thing you can't see is way more dangerous: their actual intentions
bullying results in a cycle of negative feedback that never really ends
and without positive social feedback you can't turn out as a good social animal

i was bullied myself, but i don't have any hate towards anyone
i was just a kid, and so were they
it's just something that happens, and you have to cope

Yeah, no. Accessible pop for teens vs
>NO DADDY YOUR WIENER DOESN'T BELONG THERE!!!
>*bong bong slap* of a bass with strings tuned so low that they're about to fall off
>"HMM MAH MAHMANANA" ramblings of someone who confirms being on meth

If Korn is your idea of "pop" I'd hate to see what your childhood was like and what music your trailer trash parents listened to for you to have such jaded ideas about vulgarity. Probably a pedo yourself.

I didn't refer to Korn as a pop band at any time. You must be retarded.

Most of Yea Forums started posting last year and think they know what good music is because they listen to Yea Forumscore and are that stage where you think that because you listen to STGSTV by AnCo or Spiderland you have the best taste in the entire website aka 16 or 15 years olds who know jack shit but need to feel superior somehow

who killed Jonathans wife?