I've been having a hard time finding good Christian music. Post certified christpilled tunes

I've been having a hard time finding good Christian music. Post certified christpilled tunes.
Music by non-christian artists with biblical themes do not count.

Attached: 1543782583640.png (900x803, 612K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AFJUkfbn_Wo
youtube.com/watch?v=VOmUw6Y_z6I
youtube.com/watch?v=lKAomv9XFME
youtu.be/7EloxzqD-qI
youtu.be/Q2SUZd5WYQg
youtube.com/watch?v=eyG-UEPjtX0
youtube.com/watch?v=k3ChrdJoBCk
youtube.com/watch?v=YfVyl3auGJY
youtube.com/watch?v=S8MoMBXHHsg
youtube.com/watch?v=B0iHigx_NaI
youtube.com/watch?v=lY2VCyoxNuY
youtube.com/watch?v=O0V4pUlAw84
youtube.com/watch?v=F1lih1QDaPk
youtube.com/watch?v=AZVNNkHwseg&list=PL94gOvpr5yt1N_sNT3gxubAomG4XFtOY1
youtube.com/watch?v=oGHcrR7X1bE
youtube.com/watch?v=9DLwNtKUrHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sorry user, the only good artists are gay or jewish.

youtube.com/watch?v=AFJUkfbn_Wo

youtube.com/watch?v=VOmUw6Y_z6I

Is this good enough for you? Its the only one of its kind.

Dave Bixby - Ode to Quetzalcoatl

The only reason you can't find """"good"""" Christian music is because you have a tainted mind. ANY music that glorifies yeshua is good and your standards for quality are based on your sinful and flawed human monkey brain. You should just go bask in gluttony in sin for that is obviously what your heart wants.

Louvin Brothers Satan is Real

thanks for the reccs lads. will check out

Big post incoming, have patience, OP. I'm gonna give you a run down on my favourite christian bands and their better albums. But be aware, music was my gateway to disbelief after having been raised my whole life in a believing, christian household. Music is powerfull.
Most of the bands I'm going to tell you about also interpret hymns, christmas songs and other well known songs, when I was still a believer I really loved these albums. May god bless you if he really is there, or cares.

Hahaha are you serious?

THIS.
Here's some stuff I've been listening to OP
youtube.com/watch?v=lKAomv9XFME
youtu.be/7EloxzqD-qI
youtu.be/Q2SUZd5WYQg
youtube.com/watch?v=eyG-UEPjtX0

>Kings Kaleidoscope
Their first two albums are by far their best, the third being still pretty enjoyable and the rest just tryhard and bad mixed 'trying to find a new style' projects.

Sin (to find with the artist name as Kings (MHM)) is the most red pilled album of this list, goes in the direction of (prog) metal with orchestra influences the topics are guilt and sin, as the name suggests. Maybe more honest than most christian music, as it covers topics as doubt, too.

Becoming Who We Are is a bit more musically and lyrically diverse. I can't/won't give full reviews here, but the direction here is a more roc and alternative sound, with still many strings and wind instrument. The topics sung about are generally more upbeat and hopeful. This out of all the albums in this list was my personal favourite.

Beyond Control has a more poppy sound to it, and though it features some rather dark songs it is probably even more happy than the ones before. Musically it was interesting, too, using unconventional intruments, song structures and motives.

The Beauty Between is even more pop sounding, featuring even (christian) rappers. It is generally a worse album than the ones before, though it has some good songs, worth checking out if you enjoyed Beyond Control.

A special mention would be the Joy Has Dawned EP (Kings (MHM)) which is a few christmas songs interpreted by the band.

>Citizens
Formerly known as Citizens & Saints, I really only enjoyed their first album and then single songs from the later albums.

Citizens has a good american rockband sound to it, if you know what I mean, and the topics talked about really spoke to me as a believer. This is their musical highpoint, creative but still genre fitting ideas, good sound on the intruments and voice.

>Hillsong United
Unironically a good band if you give them a chance. They make worship music, and they make it good. (This is going to be the only worship band I’ll mention in this list, if you want more I can give you some other ok bands, however I don’t see the vast majority of worship music as good music, it’s like pop but even more shallow.) There are of course the classic songs that are sung in churches everywhere now, but I am going to focus on the more listener experience albums, if you get what I mean.

Zion is one oft he first albums that hasn’t that bland, everthesame teenage rockband sound. It experiments with bigger ideas a little bit but generally is a calmer and more pop experience.

Empires, while featuring one of my favourite songs by the band, was a less exciting listen than other albums, you might wanna give it a try if you really liked Zion.

Wonder is easily their best album, having hit the sweet spot between rock elements and grand orchestral sound perfectly right for this type of music, all while having lyrics that hit go hand in hand with the music and that feel less shallow than most worhip texts.

>Hillsong Young & Free
I lied, these guys technically still count as worship because of their lyrics, however their music is far from that. This is pop or EDM oc as they call it CDM.

Youth Revival is the first album of theirs that I liked multiple songs as well as the general sound of, even though the dbut album We Are Young And Free contains some of the classics, that absolutely are dancable.

III, just like the debut, has a few good bangers, but the general experience here is still more complete and generally better sounding.

>Gungor
We enter universalist teritory here, only listen if you want your mind expanded. This music trys to be worhipping in the beginning but the later albums beco more and more theoligically universalist and open minded, to the point that the couple that form the band gave up their job as music supervisors at a mega church because they felt it was dishonest to lead believers into worhip as nonbelievers or at least agnostics.

Beautiful Things is an album that has folk and blues elements, very acoustic, very christian.

I Am Mountain follows the folk and alternative sound, while foreshadowing the unconventional understanding Gungor has of music.

One Wild Life was released in multiple different parts, but it is now to find as one album. This is musically really interesting, at times experimental in intrumentation, structure and lyric.

Archives seems more like a collection they didn't want to leave in One Wild Live and other albums, but in my opinion i captures the sound of gungor pretty good. Try it if you liked One Wild Live.

P.O.D. Some of their songs are ambiguous, and you only key into the lyrics when you know they're singing about Jesus
youtube.com/watch?v=k3ChrdJoBCk

others are a bit more obvious
youtube.com/watch?v=YfVyl3auGJY

Will Jesus forgive me for fucking a trans girl last night? Cause I can't.

So to sum this up, I recommend you listen to
Kings Kaleidoscope, Becoming Who We Are
Citizens, self titled
Hillsong United, Wonder
Gungor, Archives

As I said, I can recommend a few worship groups if you're interested.
I also have a lot ofchristian rappers that I can tell you about if you're into that.

Neal Morse
Theocracy

absolution comes from within
if you can't then you can't
work on it

If you're Catholic, go to confession and do a few Hail Maries.

If you're Reformed (Calvinist), appeal to the Solae and TULIP. You are, after all, totally depraved, and salvation is through faith alone, so as long as you have faith in Jesus Christ, your actions mean jack shit. I mean just look what Calvinists have done to the world, they clearly practice a faith of fucking things up and still being saved through a belief in Jesus.

youtube.com/watch?v=S8MoMBXHHsg
Country, folk, and blues is where you find the best Jesus Jams

sorry man, i'm christian too, but i'm a musician as well, and i have to let you know that at this point "good christian music" feels like an oxymoron
it's a plastic synthetic product made in an assembly line with people with fake smiles and hired musicians who really don't give much of a shit about praising the lord

OP you won't find any good contemporary christian music, but if you don't mind music from some hundreds of years ago then the orthodox russian liturgy got some pretty neat and beautiful songs, Chesnokov being my favourite representative
you can look for different performers until you find one you preffer as this music is sung by most churches in russia
this one is from the choir of Saint Petersburg's chamber choir
youtube.com/watch?v=B0iHigx_NaI

their male-only choir is great too and has this punchy-like energy boost in their performance
youtube.com/watch?v=lY2VCyoxNuY

Your Grace
youtube.com/watch?v=O0V4pUlAw84

Ill-M-I
youtube.com/watch?v=F1lih1QDaPk

no nigga

DC Talk
Switchfoot
Jon Foreman

Great list dude. This is all gonna be on repeat for a few weeks now.

That's not true at all. There's plenty of talented, musically-minded Christians making contemporary music about their faith. You're being a boomer about it.

great thread, was also on the hunt for good christian music a while back
youtube.com/watch?v=AZVNNkHwseg&list=PL94gOvpr5yt1N_sNT3gxubAomG4XFtOY1
youtube.com/watch?v=oGHcrR7X1bE

>Citizens, self titled
Praise be

you display great ignorance of the Calvinist perspective. I encourage you to read and understand what Calvinists believe and stop misrepresenting their positions like you did here.

This album: youtube.com/watch?v=9DLwNtKUrHk

Attached: 716AzKCQQSL._SX355_.jpg (355x327, 15K)

Also, IMO Most of the good stuff is the 90s era christian music. Jars Of Clay, Newsboys (Love Liberty Disco), etc