String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>string-tensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>http:/music_theory.net/lessons/
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en_.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/Buzz/Diagnosis/buzzlist/.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xQYO8ipUoViqm

Previous:

Attached: mesa_rd.jpg (750x430, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/jskraob2
youtube.com/watch?v=71XXQXY0yvA
youtube.com/watch?v=xwyF3m0jbU8
youtube.com/watch?v=VPLCk-FTVvw
clyp.it/rt54zws3
clyp.it/1zcb0jjj
youtu.be/52gZsM88DMY?t=84
youtube.com/watch?v=7Hip-X7kQ9w
vocaroo.com/i/s1ZFo5LBzDMY
instagram.com/sneakysnakeysam/
youtu.be/7E-RTI-H2oI
youtu.be/n_4UmAY852I
tonedear.com/ear-training/chord-identification
youtube.com/watch?v=Pijun-yYdv0
youtube.com/watch?v=rcsd22V3B7M
sweetwater.com/store/detail/RGA42FMDEF--ibanez-rga-series-rga42fm-dragon-eye-burst-flat
sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratPHSHPSLV--fender-player-series-stratocaster-hsh-silver
floydrose.com/pages/about-us
mega.nz/#F!KIoilagC!3KtnUYdTW53VsQu9QrJS_g
plugintorrent.com/positive-grid-bias-amp-2-2-5-1363-tonecloud-standalone-vst-rtas-aax-win-x86-x64/
plugintorrent.com/positive-grid-bias-fx-1-6-5-3587-tonecloud-version-standalone-vst-rtas-aax-win-x86-x64/
youtube.com/watch?v=m6VxBQnQkr0
youtu.be/GaUSey8xMJQ
youtu.be/Dflg4ubor5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=_q0nImsfMvE
clyp.it/1escx4x2
clyp.it/bx2emi5t
vocaroo.com/i/s1n7OtiWrI0I
gofile.io/?c=4sEZkK
reverb.com/item/26571360-esp-ltd-kirk-hammett-signature-white-zombie-guitar-graphic
reverb.com/item/11158902-gibson-les-paul-worn-faded-t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can you guys help me with my jazz tone?
clyp.it/jskraob2

First is my solid body electric with single coil neck pick up and a little of the single coil bridge, though they're split coils so I can make them double.

Second is my Ovation guitar with like -3Db on the treble. Ovation guitars never really sounded like regular steel acoustics to me so I'm thinking it might be able to get close to a hollow body jazz guitar sound. It has pretty thin acoustic strings on it now but I'm thinking if I put some thick electric strings on it it might sound similar to a jazz guitar. I know there are a few jazz-related ovation players like Al Di Meola youtube.com/watch?v=71XXQXY0yvA and youtube.com/watch?v=xwyF3m0jbU8 but I'm not sure how it would work in more traditional jazz.

Both just plugged straight into a daw with no effects.
Not gonna buy an actual jazz guitar any time soon. I've got other instruments higher on my priorities list.

Attached: ovation guitar.jpg (300x368, 25K)

Guitars are obsolete

NOT SO FAST FUCKO

[two handed tapping intensifies]

Chapman stick? Whazzat?

Attached: c6bfdb1fe28e0c7d35307e08efcb5ea7.jpg (640x960, 41K)

>jazz tone
>solid body

Then

>Not gonna buy an actual jazz guitar any time soon.

Then settle for what you have, because that's about as good as it's gonna get. There is no point going further.

>frets
>being confined to a temperament
Obsolete af.
youtube.com/watch?v=VPLCk-FTVvw
>can't modulate to half keys (5:45)
>can't divide minor and major 3rds into 6 equal notes (6:32)
>can't slowly slide through a modulation (7:36)
What year do you think it is? 2018? Get with the times grandpa.

That's what I'm asking though. I know I can't improve much, but would I be better off settling with the solid body or the ovation?

Get an EQ and reverb pedal

Best Ampsims?

Kill yourself faggot

Top Five Mesa Boogies

Go

Both tones are fine, knowing how to actually play is the most important thing in jazz. I like the way the ovation sounds more, put flatwounds on both guitars if you want a thumpier sound.

Mesa Mark V
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Mark III
Mesa Mark II
Mesa Mark I

1. Mark IIC+
2. Dual Rec
3. Road King II
4. Mark V
5. TC

My jumbo is sounding great with the new string gauge!

Actually I totally forgot about the JP-2C, my list is shit now

Don't use an Ovation, for the love of God. Singles are more common than you think, Ed Bickert, Ted Greene, and Charlie Christian all used them. The first two also used solid bodies, as does Ulf Wakenius. Lastly, fuck Al Di Meola.

Ed Bickert.

Mark IV is the worst amp I've ever used.

Something like this?
clyp.it/rt54zws3

ok thanks. Maybe I'll try flatwound, but I feel like the ovation is already fairly thumpy for what it is.

Attached: reverb and eq.jpg (2006x390, 183K)

The ones I can afford?

I cannot afford a Mark IIC+, for the record.

I'm sure youve owned great amps.

Cliffs notes on 2-5? The dual deserves its spot I guess, but I've never been a fan unless they're running balls 2 the wall.

For me it's the mark 1.

Attached: mk1.png (992x676, 1.22M)

So i'm working on this 70s X-cops sounding wah thing. (its actually from a chilli peppers song funnily enough)

clyp.it/1zcb0jjj

I really hate how it sounds atm. How do i improve it? I imagine the problem is one of these 3

a) My fingers
b) how i use the wah
c) the wah itself (wh10)

have any of you had this kinda horrible sound before. is the problem in the technique or the pedal?

Attached: 9c5b427c-4274-493d-8541-5cf4b9173791.jpg (901x1600, 193K)

Probably that tone rug.

I've got a rivera M60 and I want a new amp. JTM45 clone of some kind seems like perfect headroom for my usage. What other amps does /gg/ suggest? Anyone played a Ken Fischer amp or a Komet?

Attached: dakwebiumpgxjqb8s7a8.jpg (800x411, 90K)

What are you amp settings and what specifically about the sound do you dislike? also depends on where in your pedal chain it is

I haven't owned anything spectacular, but I've regularly played both a Deluxe Reverb and a Twin Reverb. The Mark IV is still junk.

I think you just need to compress the shit out of it.
All those classic funk sounds are run through compressors.

TC >>> Mark V >>> Lonestar. The rest don't matter.

Yamaha THR or Boss Katana

you can do all of those things on a guitar, git gud fag

youtu.be/52gZsM88DMY?t=84

This is the goal sound, for reference.

Mainly the problem is how it sounds when the wah is articulated. The low end is cut but it just sounds like everything else has been gain boosted like crazy.

So i'm not sure if i'm hitting the strings too hard, i'm articulating too deep with my foot, or its just a dodgy wah.

is that katana solid state? I'm only talking tube amps, not bashing solid state I personally just have better results with tube amps

guitar is for the untalented faggot

t. guitarrist

If you have any frequency parameters on the wah try altering those, most wahs boost the signal when active unless they specifically have a boost control knob. If youre lacking any controls on the wah, back of your guitar valume knob and open the tone pot and avoid the woofy end range on your heel. It sounds like the signal is too hot and muddy honestly so try lowering the guitar volume first

>like jumbo frets for leads/single notes
>not comfy for chords cause of how tall they are
Are medium jumbos the best of both worlds?

I was only messing to be honest. I'm a pleb when it comes to tube amps, the best I've played through are the Peavey Classic 30, DRRI, Blues Jr. and JCM800

Same actually, Ive had my rivera M60 for years and played through a friends victoria 50212 once.

I know I just posted about wanting a Komet which is soiboi tier expensive for an amp, but there are a ton of builders on ampgarage who can build you a clone on the cheap. Worth some research

I had a 55-12 for a while. Great amps but not for me. A lot of people are using Victory amps, you might check them out too. A bit too big a company to be boutique but really well made

Sounds good to me bud

is it possible he died in a car accident? am I wrong to wish for it?

Thinking about getting one of those since I never had an guitar with active pickups, what do you guys think?

Attached: rthrvefztnedwrtg.jpg (1200x1200, 110K)

>active pickups
>locking trem
>no inlays
Just no.

How the hell does he play Message in a Bottle with smaller hands?
youtube.com/watch?v=7Hip-X7kQ9w

Attached: AndySummers_zpsfb364462telecaster.png (578x696, 464K)

buy a 1990 destroyer, why there is always fags buying new when there are gems waiting to be cop.

vocaroo.com/i/s1ZFo5LBzDMY

that song is actually no big deal if you think for a second instead of playing the most common chord shapes used for the song.

Are they trying to imitate Bob Marley or something

If you need all that to make music you might be creatively bankrupt

And that song shows it...

I read that as
>JTM45 seems perfect for bedroom
I was going to wish you luck.

Fuck off gramps.

Nah, ibanez necks are hand rape. Get an ESP/LTD.

Also make sure it's either the 57/66 or 81/60 (might say X) set, the rest of the common ones suck. All EMGs other good shit isn't found in a lot of guitars.

Whats bad about Ibanez necks?

I have a Fender strat with a neck slightly slimmer than Modern C. Way more playable than a standard fender neck. Apparently Ibanez necks are even slimmer. They sound p good to me.

I don't really get the hype of Fischer. More or less Voxy or Supro-ish.

dont mind him he is a fag who hates wizard necks and the ibbie life style.
shred fast ibbie bro.

its only 30 watts rms,through a 1x12 I doubt its too loud for a living room.

I'm not necessarily hyped on fischer himself though I think he was likely a better build than dumble. I like the Komet designs (obviously theyre hyping the fact that they were "mentored" by ken)

Yeah I actually know an electronic engineer who is making himself an amp and offered to do a second for anyone who wants one at a cheaper price. They're just a bit too heavy and fragile to justify it right now. Maybe in the future

Really not that difficult. I also have small hands

instagram.com/sneakysnakeysam/

>heavy and fragile
what circuits, own design? Just take the tubes out if youre going to be jostling it in a car. In my experiences if theyre built well tube amps arent fragile beyond the tubes themselves.

but the tubes are still fragile if you take them out of the amp

Wrap them in newspaper and place them in a box with packing beads, they arent as fragile as they seem depending on the brand.

>guitarists and other rock musicians write in A minor: the same shit over and over
>Italian old man with a suit writes in A minor: youtu.be/7E-RTI-H2oI

EHX and the other is JJ

what is the use of a compressor with fuzz? what exactly does it make the fuzz do? kevin shields said all the fuzz on loveless is heavily compressed, so is that the secret to getting that tone?

Attached: preview_1[1].jpg (1200x1200, 89K)

have you ever considered trying it for yourself

JJ is alright. Depending on what tube model you can get better quality elsewhere. though tube amp doctor sometimes repackages JJ's, due to the manufacturing process not all tubes are created equal.

The third note with the pinky is a stretch

Haha i'm not even the dude with a fragile amp, i'm just wasting your time

Not more than a chuck berry chord

dont have the means to, live no where close to a music store and dont want to take a gamble and buy one

They're actually too thin. Even handlet nipponese guitarists don't like them.

The power of scales other than the fucking pentatonic minor.

Fender, not sure what type. I've seen his work, it's excellent. Problem is we're having a crazy rent crisis here, I'm stuck living in an apartment with my car 10 min away, amps either have to be really light or solid state as wheeling them over would destroy the tubes. I normally have a bunch of gear so taking the tubes out isn't an option.

He may not have been using a compressor pedal, rather compressing through sheer volume or during mixing/mastering

man with the hands of a little girl here, i will agree, ibanez necks suck ass. better off finding a thin c. typically some strats have good thin necks, you just gotta look around

It's my lost twin sister.

Active pickups are actually the best, you just need to stop being a poorfag and get an active EQ to make use of all those frequencies.

Attached: all-freq-response.jpg (800x500, 85K)

nah, that's the screaming vocalist in hardcore/metal

don't have to know a single thing about music

He used a drawmer compressor. No, it's not a pedal.

JJ is alright. Depending on what tube model you can get better quality elsewhere. though tube amp doctor sometimes repackages JJ's, due to the manufacturing process not all tubes are created equal.

bay area?

Imo any tweed fender circuits should withstand some serious abuse.

duplicated

yeah internet connection is dodgy

lol loser

I fell for the boutique digital meme. No more! Sold the el capistan for a memory man + other shit.

Attached: 1535825939183.jpg (4032x3024, 3.86M)

I sold my entire pedalboard and bought a Zoom G3xn. no regrets at all.

>he can't afford a Gibson because he spends all his money on duct tape for genital tucking

Attached: smugfolderimagenumber920.jpg (399x407, 94K)

Gibson sucks balls as a company, for the money you can do way better. Love my Reissue SG but I honestly bought it when I was less informed.

>projection

>for the money you can do way better
Incorrect.

Attached: onlyagibson.jpg (1900x1308, 1.16M)

youtu.be/n_4UmAY852I

Lmao whatever cuck, enjoy your un plekd frets, shit tier nut cut, and 300k pots all for the sweet prices of $2k

Attached: FEoq_6GACPSWOEJ21QCQxFvYCvqB4f2HK1ri5Ku3f24.png (688x1434, 91K)

Attached: 888833.jpg (1300x866, 94K)

>Bob Marley is the only reggae artist ever

I should say "are they trying to imitate reggae artists from jamaica?"

>enter guitar shop
>35 year olds with beards praising the "tone" of an $800 chinese Epiphone

Reggae is a very commonly cited and obvious influence on The Police, yes. It was essential to their sound.

Ive got an SG and fucking love it, but I'm not smoking your gay fanboyism. Gibson is objectively a shit value guitar for the new models and plenty of new builders run spades around them for the same price. For 2k I shouldnt need to re cut a nut, plek the frets, and switch out pots etc

they sound like they're trying to imitate niggers

>Ive got an SG
Post with timestamp.

>Ive got an SG
chinkshit doesn't count

>I shouldnt need to re cut a nut
It takes like five minutes to remove burrs from a nut and lubricate it. Poor baby.

Attached: 20190803_202310.jpg (4032x2268, 2.28M)

Nice Chibson.

Attached: laughingmomo.gif (256x285, 81K)

>chinkshit doesn't count

lmao ok fags

couldn't have said it better

>post Chibson
>get called out for posting a Chibson
>get angry enough to reply

Attached: laughingtakagi44.gif (587x630, 456K)

Explain why you believe its a chibson? i want to have a good laugh

Attached: 1564869605393.jpg (349x427, 54K)

Attached: 20190426_104931.jpg (1134x1747, 733K)

is that a cigar box amp in the top left?

I am an extremely successful professional guitarist. I know a Chibson when I see one, and that's a Chibson.
You are not an extremely successful professional guitarist. You know how I know?
Because you bought a Chibson.

Pignose

Play Black Napkins.
Oh wait, you can't because you're shit.

>

Attached: 1563540942938.png (500x300, 42K)

You're getting trolled

You've never heard me play

lessee the rest

imaging backpedalling this hard when someone owns the only brand of guitars you like

>Gibson posting claims another victim
Jesus could have saved you but you didn't listen

this is incredible, plz tell me more

Attached: 1564602379915.jpg (744x342, 122K)

The Dean makes it a given that you're shit.

ah ok, that looks sweet

Oh, OK.

I have heard trachefag play and you are correct, he is shit.

No you haven't. I've never posted my playing here.

Is he as bad as Jcum?

A magnitude worse actually. There are only two people in /gg/ who own deans and they both post and play like they have severe brain damage.

No one's worse than Jcum

trache make your twitter public again so everyone here can hear your playing

>acting smug like he doesn't own an inferior guitar

I've never posted my playing on twitter

>A magnitude worse actually.
Unimaginable.

you removed it after you got doxxed?

No. I've never posted my playing on twitter. And finding a twitter account isn't getting doxxed.

>he's so embarrassed of his own terrible playing that he's denying ever posting it
Sasuga, non-Gibson owners.

Attached: smugmina.jpg (843x823, 219K)

so make it public again if its no big deal and you didn't post your playing there then

no

Your journey to the meme side is almost complete.

He just needs a headless 7 string now.

why not? you scared of something?

no

lol yes. show us your shitty playing you coward

thanks for posting masahiro andoh the other day he's really good

I don't have any way to record. And for the record, in the grand scheme of things, I do suck. But I'm nowhere near as bad as Jcum.

SHOTS FIRED SHOTS FIRED

>And for the record, in the grand scheme of things, I do suck. But I'm nowhere near as bad as Jcum.
Believable. I'll accept it.

Everyone knows Jcum is the worst player here.

It's really amazing that someone can be that bad and have played for as long as he claims to have.
I was better in less than a month after picking the instrument up.

I've never been serious about learning guitar. I played bass for decades and am pretty good at it. Honestly, I like working on and building guitars better than playing.

>even trachefag is shitting on jcope now

Attached: WTFAMIREADING.jpg (600x599, 54K)

>I have played root notes for decades and am still only "pretty good" at it

Attached: yukari.gif (1294x1338, 1.91M)

There's more to bass than just roots.

I've always shot on Jcum. I like the guy, but he tries too hard.

Attached: shamikoquestion.jpg (1691x1080, 842K)

Youer a personalit anyway so who cares

Tell me my dude, how do you know so much about tranny shit? It seems like every single post you make, you come up with another fascinating transvestite-related activity.

Attached: 1559190767157.jpg (608x608, 42K)

I have a personality. A kind of shitty one if I'm honest. But I am a real, individual person. I've timestamped many times to prove it.

Whatevre im tired of takling to you anyway

I actually Googled how trannies tuck their junk for that post. I'm a high-effort Gibson poster, because Gibson's guitars deserve only the best posts.

OK, bye

I don't care how much you like your guitar, you're still the resident tranny expert now. Haha tranny expert.

>i uh, was researching it for uh, gibson purposes
>why else would i want to know how trannies hide their dicks

inb4 gibshill has a wealth of factoids about anal toys and specific HRT medications that he researched for "gibson posting"

>8 strings
>headless
>true temperament frets
Holy meme, Batman.
Better a tranny expert than a tranny, tranny. Dilate.

Tell us more about dilation. I'm sure you know, you researched it for your gibson posts and not any other reason.

I haven't researched that because it's icky.

Sure you haven't.

>the Gibson troll collects another toll
The answer to the poison he's injecting into your minds is Jesus

Epiphone makes good shit holy shit

Why are ESPs so expensive now

They used to make ones that costed like $1700 new, now they all cost $3500 and the only things that cost anywhere near the old ESPs are these E-IIs and they're $300 more. I want ESP on the headstock, what the fuck.

Get a job.

fuck off, kike

I already have a job but I'm not paying gibson money for anything but an Authentic™ Gibson™ Les Paul™.

ESPs were perfect below $2000. That's what they're actually worth, imho.

Just got a les paul 2019 DC special, I wanna put flatwounds on it, I have a pair that's 10-48, how fucked will the neck be if I put them on?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 11.06.52 AM.png (1200x1630, 1.04M)

>this nigga still obsesses about a jtm45 he traded in because he is autistic.
Kek

Dont do it. It will snap the headstock clean off

lol he should have gotten a wheelbarrow instead

:0

>poo ferro
>P90s
>non-intonatable bridge

Attached: laughingnattsun.gif (454x470, 432K)

>how fucked will the neck be if I put them on?

Not at all. For one, it's probably maple, not mahogany.

You will never be the next gutiar god to convince people your choice of shit is good because you suck lole

so they should be ight?

Yea they’re not really that important any more as far as music culture but who cares

This is absolute garbage

Troof

>tfw your guitar has retarded pickup switching so you learn to work around it by learning to use the vol and tone controls
>tfw your guitar teaches you playing dynamics by being perfectly imperfect

I love this thing

lmao holy shit, I thought I had a pretty good ear but this test is destroying me when I engage all chords and inversions. I got a lot of practicing to do

tonedear.com/ear-training/chord-identification

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 11.06.39 PM.png (623x399, 48K)

it's rosewood

You’re a faggot
What guitar?

I am about to venture into guitar pedals for the first time..

Do I have to physically plug and unplug the power cable everytime I want to turn it on/off? Is there no switch or something so the guitar pedals always on?

If I power with a 9v battery, is the thing always on? Or is it not draining power when it is not 'stomped'

Thanks guys..

>I am about to venture into guitar pedals for the first time..
Don't do it, just get a reverb tank wired in for your amp
>Do I have to physically plug and unplug the power cable everytime I want to turn it on/off? Is there no switch or something so the guitar pedals always on?
No
>If I power with a 9v battery, is the thing always on? Or is it not draining power when it is not 'stomped'
Always on when the input is plugged in, the circuit is completed with a stereo jack. This design is widely regarded as retarded.

music culture is now manufactured by PR experts and what you "should" like is shoved down your throat in the format of cool artist = cool music = cool listener. and artists are marketed with fake outrage and other childish shit.

it's reached a point where even children, the last people who really resonated with what's left of mainstream music culture, are starting to ask what's up and go underground sharing beats and synth lines amongst themselves while decrying everyone who isn't nu-dadrock (ie: green day) as an industry plant.

so if I just unplug that guitar input it will be turned off? I can't be fucked bending my back everytime but I guess theres no other way.

I am gonna buy an overdrive pedal because I want to get more breakup on my amp which doesnt go far enough for me.

I just want to have a guitar tone like this if you have a suggestion:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pijun-yYdv0

I have a bugera V5 which at max gain/volume isnt enough. And I have a squier guitar

Get humbuckers and a proper high gain amplifier. EVH LBXs and MRS MT15s are examples of what's in your price range.

A high gain amp can always do less gain. Pedal gain sounds pretty bad in person, even if mastered recordings and compressed audio do it more justice.

>pau ferro

Attached: 1383037963692.jpg (1040x746, 113K)

You might be better served using a clean boost or just higher output pickups.

if your amp doesn't have at least seven preamp tubes it has no gain

I had one with five and the amount of gain available was rather silly.

NGD lads,

Ebony fretboard, cedar top, blackwood back and sides.

Attached: Maton808.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

>NGD

youtube.com/watch?v=rcsd22V3B7M

>he only has 24 frets
>he isn't talented enough to use 34

Well, when you have piezos and mics (the superior pickup) all the arguments over a more or less bassy neck pickup are kind of moot.

Most violins are fucking knock offs of shapes invented in the 19th century trying to ride off the success of their quality. Play authentic. Only a Stradivarius is good enough.

>but muh budget
Get a job

sweetwater.com/store/detail/RGA42FMDEF--ibanez-rga-series-rga42fm-dragon-eye-burst-flat

what do you guys think about this? I know its edgy but I like it, reminds me of Silent Hill
sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratPHSHPSLV--fender-player-series-stratocaster-hsh-silver
I like this little thing too but its only 22 frets and idk if I'd make use of the single coil

they're completely different, it seems you don't know what you want.

one is a shred machine with a neck thinner than your cock, a flat fretboard and jumbo frets, no trem. the other is a typical strat with humbuckers thrown in and an awful trem system.

does anybody else really hate where the jack input in non-strat guitars are? I want to play in the sofa comfily but can't, and I loathe the stratocaster look.

Attached: correct.jpg (1280x854, 213K)

I've got the S series equivalent of the RG and I like it, you'll need to upgrade the pickups though as they are a muddy mess with anything more than momrock gain.

The opposite. I hate strat input jacks. The recessed and angled jack cavity design is fine, but it should be on the side/bottom of the body. I've had guitars with scratched paint (on the front, where it matters) from the cable getting ripped out by a bandmate and nicking the finish on its way to the floor. you'd think it wouldn't happen but they whip around a little.

if it's like the JEM, it's easy to plug in (faces you) and remove purposefully but won't get ripped out. the second best way is the one popularized by les pauls, where it's just a hole on the bottom left. the cable can get ripped out just like with a strat, but the jack won't hit anything but your leg.

Attached: ibanez-jem-7v-steve-vai-signature_360_c9434b7917e8e7d34cf3bea8c4a727ac.jpg (400x265, 23K)

what did you upgrade to?

Cheap fender-style whammy bars are nearly useless except for vibrato so subtle you'd be better off using your fingers. the cheaper they are the worse they feel and the more they go out of tune.

If you want to whammy but can't afford an MIA strat/MIJ shredtar with a better made floyd-for-girls or a real floyd rose original get a jazzmaster. They have more expressive range and better tuning stability than the other crap.

a lot of things about the strat were so bad they inspired a whole little industry based on improving the strat. the floytd rose, for example, was the result of some german guy getting tired of his strat being a complete piece of shit. over 50 years later and nobody has figured out how to improve the basic design of the fender jazzmaster, but a lot of people have managed to make it worse.

Attached: floyd for girls.jpg (1024x768, 148K)

Don't buy entry level guitars like these brand new.

Bending the neck is more fun desu

set neck and neck-thru virgins need not apply

What's the difference between active and passive pups? I'm not great on technical terms

passive pickups:
don't need batteries
sound more vintagey, more nuanced frequency response
lower output
some people prefer their natural overdriving sound

active pickups:
need batteries
frequency range is usually flat-ish or with a mid hump
output is high as fuck, you probably don't want to run them at full guitar volume all the time
some people prefer them for cleans
since they're flatter, they're best when paired with a good eq, allowing you to pull whatever tones you want from it

what are the best active pickups?

You can still get Japanese made E-IIs for $1700, they're built in the same shop as the higher end ones they just don't have as fancy of finishes and maple tops.

>A capella music on Youtube
>Not garbage
Pick one.

Actives will fail on you during a solo, passives won't

>some german guy
floydrose.com/pages/about-us

Attached: 1b8.png (404x266, 182K)

show me 1 (one) example when actives have failed during a solo on anyone except retards like you

>enter guitar shop
>bearded fat guy with glasses looking at offsets
>enter guitar shop
>two hobbit sized faggots that look like they just escaped a hipster timecapsule from 2010 look at fenders

>Black Napkins
Don't know what that is

>enter guitar shop
>smoke on the water in the background
>ac/dc in the background
>random shred shit

Bias fx is the best one imo. Tone cloud makes it easy to get a tone approximately how you want and you can tweak it from there

I agree that it takes much less talent than the other members in the band but it still takes talent. Go watch that jared dines metal screaming doesn't take talent video if you don't believe me

Nah I'm just bullshitting, although it is true they only need to know slight rhythm basics and that's it

I wish I could do that shit for my own music, I cannot figure out how to make my diaphragm and throat make those noises at all

dude, 10/10 albums has been made with epiphones

lol, name just one

Anyone built a kit guitar? Thinking about getting one but hear mixed reviews on basically every brand

Augmented and diminished messes with me. I can hear M,m, and thee of the 7ths.

I'm new to this thread. What is the key to the Mega?

suck my dick

KAKA

sambo

What is the difference between Vibrato and Tremolo? And between Echo and Delay?

All of them are for faggots

but does tone cloud work with pirated BIASfx

Serious answers only please.

Ok, here it goes, all of them are for faggots

Vibrato is pitch modulation and tremolo is amplittude modulation (volume).

Some amps will have a "vibrato" but what they really mean is a tremolo. As well as some guitars claim to have a "tremolo" but what they actually have is a vibrato. Shit's so needlessy complicated.

Echo and delay is used interchangibly.

Attached: 1545886738683.jpg (960x960, 110K)

Kek it's true, the MEGA isn't working, I guess you fa/gg/ots are going to have to search for shit instead of being spoonfed

Yes you have to get the right version though. I'm pretty sure there is a torrent for biasfx on piratebay that specifies that it works with tonecloud

thanks

what about ReValver is it any good

Thanks.

John Lennon was playing a epiphone casino at the rooftop concert and he probably recorded some of abbey road with it. It's not the instrument it's the player.

What is the key for the Mega?

Some faggot changed the link a while back mega.nz/#F!KIoilagC!3KtnUYdTW53VsQu9QrJS_g

None of the piratebay ones have "cloud" word on its page.

Then maybe you should stop being a little faggot that needs to be spoonfed

This might have been where I got it not sure type something similar into Google if this one has no seeders plugintorrent.com/positive-grid-bias-amp-2-2-5-1363-tonecloud-standalone-vst-rtas-aax-win-x86-x64/

Time to start with the Beato book 2

>jCOPE

I CANT DECIDE WHAT COLOUR GUITAR TO BUY AHHHHHHHH

i just buy what's avaiable

is BIAS AMP and BIAS FX the same thing

>tfw finally got all the decent gear that i want/need to make great music but all the passion is gone from working a stressful job with a depressing boss and i became a food addict

Attached: after-a-life-of-hard-work-i-finally-have-all-7901821.png (500x464, 137K)

SAMUEL

Bias fx is a bit more fleshed out from what I understand and has more effect settings so probably use this torrent instead plugintorrent.com/positive-grid-bias-fx-1-6-5-3587-tonecloud-version-standalone-vst-rtas-aax-win-x86-x64/

how the fuck do I write a song lads? It's so difficult

hahahaha jelly my latency faggots!!

fuckin study music

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (760x272, 28K)

Its a zappa song.

youtube.com/watch?v=m6VxBQnQkr0

Photo looks like poo ferro.

Looks like ebony to me.

You need a Dean and a unbiased JCM900 with a 4x12 Marshall cabinet covered in kaka to get started

shut up retard

laff

shut the fuck up sambo poorfag

Attached: blessed.gif (635x640, 3.28M)

>muh Amerimutt made

technically guitars do have a tremelo. Volume pots.

is that nationalistic behavior i detect?

Attached: ah.jpg (226x249, 6K)

An*

>imagine being proud of brazil

>potential mass shooter identified
enjoy your visit from the police

sambos seething

shut up sambo

Better than being born with zika and having no chance at making it outside a favela.
>imagine living 21 years of your life without seeing pavement.

Can anyone tell me what each guitar type that is

youtu.be/GaUSey8xMJQ

youtu.be/Dflg4ubor5Q

Attached: 1562624572092.png (574x762, 389K)

we're all getting banned again

Im unbannable

shut up asshole

Its a happening day, they're all way too busy. You can literally post anything you want right now and they won't come.

Yeah but the thing on a guitar that is often labelled as a tremolo is actually a vibrato (e.g. Floyd rose, bigsby, whammy bar, whatever)

time to btfo sambos

Attached: devilish.jpg (2999x3666, 1.91M)

Have fun, idiot.

i didnt know brazilians had internet

We do.

you shouldnt

You don't get to decide that.

Yes he does

shut the fuck up bro, you got fuckin lions chasing you erryday and shit. poorfag thirdworlder.

Don't get so emotional.

He isn't

Attached: 8be3a908ef72c8766a0d7e3ae8123fe8.png (474x610, 295K)

it's just light, unlucky i guess

Wrong.

this thread is funny but my parents have been fighting a lot :(

They should both die so now you can have two anuses to fill with frozen KAKA

ha ha they're getting a divorce

Attached: trip.gif (600x376, 57K)

It's a song that Frank Zappa played on TV with a Pignose. It's on Youtube.

What do you call you guitars?

Attached: 1564468313812.png (428x850, 238K)

What guitars do incels use?

deans

Judging by this general, most of them

strat, tele, or les paul

>look man, i'm pretty much perfect
>i wear designer sunglasses
>my guitar is a fucking classic played by legendary rock stars, not some "axe" for tryhards who listen to metal
>i drive a BMW
>and my crocs were made by gucci
>why aren't women having sex with me? why that guy with the ibanez? all women are whores!

the original definition of tryhard pickup artists that doesn't get any action or the meaningless definition of anyone who i don't like or anyone who likes or thinks something i don't like

i dont like black people that much

>reddit space
>paragraph
lmao the left really can't meme

I learn everything by ear on guitar, but theory confuses the shit out of me. Might as well be moonrunes.

Actually I'm a rabid anti-semite and strongly opposed to sex before marriage or dating outside your church.

youtube.com/watch?v=_q0nImsfMvE

Dude, this sucks. It's like the slow version of soulless shredding over a backing track. Is this what boomers like? It might as well be dave mustaine sweep picking over a blast beat.

based

Attached: 1392277241768.gif (404x416, 179K)

Ibanez, Chad plays R9s

white people are overrated

One of the defining characteristics of the classic incel is his tendency to flip everything around and believe he's the true chad, or "supreme gentleman"

Attached: _101036882_elliot_rodger_2_shutterstoc.jpg (660x371, 27K)

I have to sell a guitar :(

Fender Player Strat vs J Mascis Jazzmaster? Same price here

The CHAD Gibson player

Attached: 419.jpg (682x1024, 192K)

no one fucking cares

The virgin ibeenhad "player" posing with some random thot

Attached: D6ZrSwEWsAMb7Fe.jpg (1200x802, 127K)

You cared enough to respond ^_^

Imagine buying a Bugera lmfao

Attached: bugera.jpg (1024x576, 73K)

BURN YOU UP

>Read user reviews for At least three "This guitar has better tone than my $3,000 Fender/Gibson" reviews on every item
>"I use this guitar exclusively for playing live shows"
Who the fuck do these people think they are impressing/fooling?

themselves

They're fake/paid reviews. You'll see it on every single one.
>i've been playing guitar for 45 years and this $150 Squier has become my main axe! blows everything away! buy one NOW

they're paid shills or complete retards who can't play well enough to tell the difference

you can polish those turds so those reviews are true (tonewood is a myth after all) but they're never that good out of the box, especially ones with floating bridges

yes, i love you fren

Rock solid Bugera V5

Attached: bugera_2.jpg (1024x765, 159K)

The turd polishing process is a long and hard one. After I leveled crowned and polished the frets on my squier, they wore out within two weeks. The alloy was shit and was only surface hardened, apparently? In order to remain good like a $1000+ or even $500 guitar it would need a refret. In order to properly polish a shit guitar you have to replace everything but the body wood.

Maybe I'm a lazy cunt but I would've just replaced the whole neck to begin with

Niggers are properly rated as niggers

Yup. Squiers and other cheapos have like 95% tin in the frets and 5% nickel. Very soft and will wear out super quick.

I want to cum inside of her badly...

Attached: 1564129655980.png (1001x1055, 1007K)

>her

ahahaha

>you cant play metal with a telecaster's single coil
clyp.it/1escx4x2

>ok but you can't chugga at low tunings
clyp.it/bx2emi5t

>Second is my Ovation guitar with like -3Db on the treble
Drop it down a couple more dB. My ears hurt.

Fender guitars are the only guitar that have mattered and will matter. Gibson will soon be dead and toy brands like Ibanez were never up for consideration.

Attached: E79EB0EE-0ADD-47CB-BBCE-C8A9EF39F546.jpg (1080x1350, 479K)

Thats not metal user

Can anyone tell me what time sig this is in?
It's a guitar bit a made, but I'm just feelin' it and don't really know how to count music well yet because stupid.
vocaroo.com/i/s1n7OtiWrI0I

what is it? buttcore?

You *can* play anything on any guitar it's just a matter of what sounds better. You *can* play metal on a tele and you *can* play jazz on a schecter but there are better guitars for both purposes.

say you buy a squier bullet tele for $125
now you want a good neck to start with. a quality american neck straight from fender can get pretty pricey. let's go midrange with a $350 classic 50s neck. comes loaded with a decent nut.
next, you want pickups. a dimarzio twang king set is $140.
pots, switches, wires, caps, resistors, eh, $25 for it all.
locking tuners, $75 at least.
a good bridge is the heart of your tone. a hipshot bridge will run about $120.
you'll want a prettier pickguard, $15.
don't forget strings. $7.
so you're in $857 and you still have to rock back and forth telling yourself that tonewood isn't' real and your plywood sounds the same as select alder, ignoring the crappy neck pocket fit and everything. but you have aftermarket branded shit so it must be better despite that!

for a couple hundred more you could just get a real one on the used market.

fenders are mcguitars. hamburger instruments. truly an american spectacle. they're everywhere so they're the default, but when given a choice many people go with something else.

nothing says cheap like an instrument that was designed to be cheap.

i know retard, i'm proving that it sounds good

Fenders are literally a meme. Acoustic guitars are more pleasant to play.

>ya'll i made a curvy neck so billy joe can barre with his crooked finger

>metal
Nice blues rock

Single coils are the least versatile pickups. They're only good for cleans.

Hey check this out bros
gofile.io/?c=4sEZkK

Fender went from iconic rock n roll material to being indie shit for faggots that look like that in no time flat. I bet he has a pedalboard.

All the cool kids play martins now.

if i played metallica you would also say it's not metal

metallica is a buttrock band

I don't mind a "man" if he looks like that.

Attached: 1544068707502.png (508x553, 194K)

Had no idea Frank was on TV tapping before the release of Van Halen I. I know other people had used tapping before Eddie, but not as prominently as this. Everyone acts like it was some mysterious technique that no one knew about and Eddie had to turn his back to the crowd when he did tapping parts so no one would steal his secret technique and all that.

Yea and that’s why they’re the best. Great playing, great sounding guitar for money that actual musicians who want to gig can afford not just be some basement dwelling shred rat that is just waiting to finally get that solo right then go find people to play with

OK so if you have a MIM strat, you already have the muh tonewood alder body. You then spend $732 to upgrade it to MIA standard. Unless you're trying to tell me the power of tonewood is so strong that it actually matters whether the thing is constructed on the 'murican side of the border (bear in mind it's made my mexicans either way).
>inb4 "you also have to buy a case!"
There are better guitar cases

>is just waiting to finally get that solo right then go find people to play with
how does that differ from an actual musician

people have been tapping since 18th century spain

i disagree. you can get way better guitars for the money if you do your research.

You're responding to a punk rocker. Playing absolute trash live beats practicing for those guys.

That’s what rock and roll is right now you, what do you expect? Zoomers to play boomer rock? Boomer rock is cool as back ground music but not to actively listen too. Martins suck, I will say that fender does lose in acoustic department to Gibson then it’s Taylor then Martin

A musician actually goes out in front of people and plays or goes to the studio to record and make some money not just bumble a sweep picking C# minor diminished flat 9 chord that no one can really hear because it o my sounds like beeps and boops

For the same money? And not just a Fender copy? I will give super strats an exemption because they did what fender couldn’t

A musician is a sad waste of air that needs to get a real job. Any musician with money only has it because their manager bought out copyright law so he could get richer, which came with better pay for the "creative" asshole.

Hobbyists who contribute to society > musicians who make a ditty that's forgotten after 50 years

Thinking otherwise is an artifact of corrupt american laws that make music artificially profitable

Athens was not built by playing lyres.

super strats didn't do what fender couldn't. they did what fender wouldn't, because fender didn't want to innovate and take risks and would rather build a brand image that would only stay strong up until the last generation to like rock n roll died.

kind of like gibson only they make slightly more but still pathetic forays into trying to stay fresh

Attached: 0143823302_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg (2400x831, 636K)

It's not easy to look cool with a strat, but they're ergonomic as fuck and give a bunch of tones stock.

This just shows they're at least conscious of what their market is looking for.

Based, two guitars is one too much

How tf do you beat a used market fender?

>Athens was not built by playing lyres
>hobbyist over working musician
What does a hobbyist do but sit in their room for 4 hours and then post 30 seconds to a Taiwanese fishing message board and say
how iz it guise? What can I work on?
Musicians are the ones that are out there “building” so you can consume it and be a fanboy faggot over it
Also it’s 2019 sweeties digital steaming allows artists to receive more money than they ever have before

A hobbyist built my house and played guitar on his lunch break.

A "real musician" built a song i forgot about in a week.

A pre-2012 used market ESP.

>Also it’s 2019 sweeties digital steaming allows beat producers to receive more money than they ever have before
Couldn't agree more.

lol fuck society

t. lives in society

Yea but that image and the price points are how musicians get in the door. A used American stray is 700-1000 depending where on location and condition and shit that is plus a 300-400 tube amp is like 6 months of saving up at your local minimum wage shit hole and then boom you can start practicing and then record after you saved some more scratch and gotten better at what you play

?

reverb.com/item/26571360-esp-ltd-kirk-hammett-signature-white-zombie-guitar-graphic

Attached: cr3dm9csh3kxof4qf1fl.1.jpg (1600x1200, 330K)

>how tf do you beat
>thin sounding pickups
>a brick for a neck heel
>a dumb fretboard radius
>retarded control layouts like tone/tone/master volume no bridge tone
>a useless tremolo that just slightly detunes the guitar for the rest of the song
>looking like a neon colored toy

you could start by looking at gibson les paul studios

reverb.com/item/11158902-gibson-les-paul-worn-faded-t

you get what you pay for with those. great guitars, though with the way they look you better be good or people will wonder why you wouldn't bring a guitar as crappy as your skills.

There’s nothing wrong with building houses retard shit you should have a second job while being a musician up until you know you have a solid stream of income. Fender is GOAT because they make great guitars at the right prices so you can practice, play and gig too

>beat producers
>not musicians
>they work less than me/not as hard but i make less money
Make some beats on the side then if the money is what you want

What's the difference between a tuner pedal that costs 30-50 bucks and one that costs over $100? I mean it's not the same with, say, a delay pedal where there's a difference between digital, analog, tap tempo, different other features, handwired or not and so on; a tuner needs to tune and that's it.
Even Boss has the waza tuner for the ridiculous price of $140.

Schecter makes great guitars too, at similar price points. And ibanez. and LTD. And Epiphone. And Jackson.

There's nothing GOAT about fender, except being able to lay claim to creating the standard template upon which most guitar body shapes are based.

The TU-3 is the best. It has a buffer which is really useful to have in the front of your chain. Its also durable and you can see the LED inside or in bright daylight. Its also most accurate. That is why you pay more.

whenever i go to local gigs, fenders are the exception, not the rule

most people are playing cheaper ibanez, PRS SE, and jackson guitars. bottom to middle rack of guitar center stuff. except for the smaller country and blues acts, who often have squire teles.

if you show up with an MIM strat normies think you dropped a lot of money on it because the headstock says "fender stratocaster", just like a $1500 guitar.

Yeah, yeah no one really cares pal. Tell us something more interesting next time.

boss tu-3
the ridiculous price of $99 new
you can throw it off the wall, pour a beer on it, then hook it up and use it

just saying you niggers are out of touch

hobby players are the guys who are gear snobs because their cozy union shop and cubicle jobs can pay for it. people trying to make it as professional acts can't afford to care that much. they just need a working guitar and a tube amp that's loud enough.

Yes.

>Metallica fan:
>ESP custom shop explorer with EMG JH signature pickups
>Mesa MkIIC

>Metallica fan in a band:
>Epiphone explorer, no EMGs, can't afford 9v batteries
>Boss Katana with the mids scooped

lmao, most people here are total poorfags with low paying jobs who hate on anyone who actually works so idk why you're bringing this up?