I'm tired of seeing retards on this board complain about how their music isn't popular even though it's CoMpLEX as fuck

I'm tired of seeing retards on this board complain about how their music isn't popular even though it's CoMpLEX as fuck

There are literally daily posts about incel nerds saying "I CaN ComPose PolYRHYTHMiC XenHarMoNiCs YeT nOboDy CaRes ;("

Listen retard. Yes, nobody care. Music isn't about being as complex as you can. Music is about the soul. Nobody cares about the fact that you masturbated our brain by trying to do nerd shits, because you VERY COMPLEX XENHARMONIC POLYRHYTHMIC POLYMETER WITH MICROTONAL CHORDS doesn't have a SOUL.

Take Shiloh Dynasty for example. She just play her guitar and repeat basic riffs while singing on it. But there is so much soul in her music. You can feel it. This soothing, angelic, voice, and those heartfelt lyrics that meet the slow but emotional intense sound of her guitar. GAWDAMN. There is so MUCH Soul. You can feel her struggle, her pain, her love. HER SOUL.

Meanwhile YOU, we don't feel shit, except the fact that you are making CoMPLeX music just to feed your ego. You just want to feel smart. There is no soul in this shit. This is just soulless, arrogant, elitism.

But continue to feed your ego, motherfucker.

Attached: asdfghy.png (1237x568, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0AvMsHSuvL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

weird energy but I gel with the sentiment

>muh soul muh feelings muh lyrics
Nice vague bullshit, faggot.
>music is what I say it is derrrr complex music sux because it huwts my bwain

Attached: 1548719416771.png (1000x432, 165K)

Some faggot actually made a thread like this? Well justified rant.

Music is about feeling better imo. You listen to music because it feels good, even in fucked up instances when you listen to sad music to feel sad because it's subconsciously comfy. People listened to Coltrane because it was joyful, people listened to fucking Malmsteen because his songs were fun and he was a showman, etc. You can have technique and still produce great and enjoyable music but making your whole music about muh technique while you are boring bastard and then expecting people to like it? When will inceloid nerds learn? I wouldn't call it soul what is attractive though, I listen to some albums literally because they are enjoyable even if they are pretty much shallow in content.

Anyone who decides to make a work of music, you're listening to their "soul". Thanks for letting everyone know you don't know what they're talking about. You made this post because you actually hate souls.

>you actually hate souls
>you should listen to some autist's ugly soulspeech in musical form
No, thanks.

Listen retard, music isn't made to feed your beta neediness. Yourself would be better off listening to ASMR. One can make soulful complex music, you just have to learn to put emotion into it.

>you should listen to some autist's ugly soul in musical form
Haha

Am I the only one that think most of classical music is less about music and rather being technical. Most of the pieces barely have any melodies and the progresses don't make sense. I really want to understand it and if its truly good like it but I don't see it. Like I said most, I love classical but what I prefer more is contemporary one and especially with electronic music.

You shouldn't listen to music to reaffirm your beliefs. That's how you get cumbrain.

obsessed

With what, bitch?

your new favourite buzzword

>Most of the pieces barely have any melodies
>and the progresses don't make sense
That's very bold statement, especially about classical music. It's technical in composition but I don't think it's "soul-less" at all.

>I love classical but what I prefer more is contemporary one and especially with electronic music.
That's up to you, listen to whatever you like.

Complex yet meaningless music is the auditory equivalent of purple prose

Cope

Stop masturbating so much, clitbrain.

How do I get rid of cumbrain after I got it

rent free

contra > blaire

gibberish

I think the opposite, I think the melodies are really simple like happy birthday tier but with sophisticated replacements and such
That is, Bach and Mozart stuff
I once tried to listen to these Russian/German names and it's too complex for me

Not so sure about that.
Pretty spooky if you ask me

I think Liszt and Chopin are sweet spots in classical music while still being very accessible.

You don't, everything's over once you truly take a look at yourself and find that you've become a cumbrain
Just accept it and piss your life away on this website, works for me

Study counterpoint and basso continuo, pleb

Nooooo
I'm not op btw I'm
I am falling for the influence of cumbrain assholes people and maybe even of my own

Stop masturbating, start lifting and listen to classical music, unironically. People chimp out at the suggesting because it's so simple.

I'm quoted but you're not wrong

How do they even come up with intros like this youtu.be/0AvMsHSuvL4

I would say this for Jazz. So much of it is just technical circlejerk.

I was going to discard your opinion based on first impression (randomly calling people "incels") but I like shiloh dynasty too, so I'll explain my point of view
op pic is probably a guy trolling. I haven't seen many people complain about their complex music here but maybe that's because I don't check bandcamp threads often

However, complexity vs simplicity is an interesting question. I think pop music suffers from trying to be too simple, as the goal is to be enjoyable by as many people as possible, and not being interesting. Soul? Soul doesn't live in simplicity or complexity. Check out J dilla - life. It samples miles davis and has some rather "complex" chords, however it has a lot of soul.
While simplicity isn't necessarily bad pop music often uses always the same simple schemes. Like the infamous 4 chords, but drums, melodies and sounds too.
In the end countless songs end up expressing the same few emotions. The songs feel the same.
Also I'm pretty sure a lot of top pop music is made with precise calculations about how to make it as popular as possible. Doesn't look like there is much place for consideration about it's soul.
"Complex" or at least underground music won't earn much money to the artists who make it usually, so in theory the only point in making it (instead of making pop) would be that the artist has a passion for the genre, which would hopefully mean soul will end up in music

That being said, maybe not all pop music is that bad (notice how I've been using "most" and "often" all the time, and not "all" when talking about pop). I don't listen to much pop, I can't tell. And pic related happens too. So you're not completely wrong. But don't generalize all underground musicians based of faggots from Yea Forums

Attached: A897D57E-175F-4D74-86DC-E594BF391A90.jpg (256x197, 20K)