Guitar>vocals>drums>bass

guitar>vocals>drums>bass
put forth your argument

Attached: 62319631296321.jpg (1024x692, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TXBgJ2ajjQs
youtu.be/x0npwEnNhIM?t=907
youtube.com/watch?v=YRrKHFxLRh4
youtube.com/watch?v=LFIbz6D3vhw
youtube.com/watch?v=OBTbVQmCQGA
youtube.com/watch?v=-qapZRsJE7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=4T9tjQ9IH-c
youtube.com/watch?v=Ny7cTFHcL04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tenors > trumpet > alts > rest

drums>bass>vocals>guitar

My reasoning is that a good rythm section can make up for a mediocre lead section but a good lead section can't make up for a crappy rythm section.

If you think about it most of the most critically acclaimed rock bands have great rythm sections.

>If you think about it most of the most critically acclaimed rock bands have great rythm sections
who writes the riffs?

why are tenors the top tier? state your case

>what's more important in a car, the engine or the chassis
Fuck I hate these retarded ass threads so much. I wish I could personally murder all of you mouthbreathers.

thank you for your opinion but you didn't answer the question but instead deflected away from the topic because you're probably a bass player

guitar>vocals>drums=bass

there are only 3 possible scenarios that might suggest why you are so assblasted.
1. you're a shit ass vocalist
2. you're a shit ass drummer
3. (god help you) you're a shit ass bass player
cope harder

bass>drums>guitar>vocals

Attached: DLL-196075-Les-Claypool-400x552.jpg (400x552, 24K)

>apples>oranges
You're retarded

nice non sequitar faglord we're trying to have a discussion here

ok miracle wizard explain how bass and drums are somehow greater than guitar and vocals

This guy gets it

Cello > everything

Good rhythm is required for good music, melody is not

you have it backwards though, the composer writes the melody, the rhythm backs it up. for that reason guitar is supreme or keyboard or whoever writes the melody

Nah bro, don't matter how tasty your melody is if no one's shaking their asses.

youtube.com/watch?v=TXBgJ2ajjQs

you could write a really good rhythmic drum beat. but no one would listen to it beyond other drummers. meanwhile, if some guys writes a catchy guitar riff, people want to hear it because it's more accessible. therefore my argument stands that guitar>all other instruments

that's some great percussion, but it lacks a melody and therefore lacks appeal. no offence man but we grew up with beethoven and mozart, we need more depth than smacking on bongos

>people want to hear it because it's more accessible

How is melody more accessible than rhythm?

>How is melody more accessible than rhythm?
it speaks to the soul vs. speaking to the animal

try this one
youtu.be/x0npwEnNhIM?t=907

No, you're not. You're a faggot who can't make up a coherent or memorable argument and all you can muster up is
>pee pee > poo poo; tee hee discuss

>implying you're any better at formulating a coherent agrument

>it speaks to the soul vs. speaking to the animal

I would say that the soul cannot exist without the animal and any joy that the soul may experience is predicated on the condition of the animal aspect of the self. The animal may be satisfactorily stimulated while the soul remains deprived, but the soul cannot achieve satisfaction without the well being of the animal.

Q.E.D.
Rythym>Melody

>posts Les Claypool
Your post isn't wrong but your example is horrendous

Attached: a73587132d12519bee30b0e80b94b8ec.jpg (355x341, 22K)

asspained drummer detected who couldn't write a melody to save his life.
the fact of the matter remains guitar+- singer >drummer> bass player until such time an argument to the contrary emerges.

Attached: 34268786432.jpg (1200x1200, 314K)

>counterargument not detected

>i wrote a drum beat
no one cares, only riffs are memorable. that's why drummers commit suicide in disproportianite numbers. they know they suck

>i wrote a guitar riff
no one cares, only beats are memorable. that's why guitarists commit suicide in disproportianite numbers. they know they suck

I don't sing, I don't play drums and I don't play bass. You're a fucking moron.

i suspect you might be a bass player, and for that reason i understand your ire towards my tiered system of musicians given your lowly play on the totem pole. be advised,i am a bass player myself, having piloted the stand up bass in high school with all off the requisite difficulties inherent in such an endeavour. that being said, i am the OP of this thread and i stand by my initial statement that the guitar player is supreme in the hierarchy of musicians and than gay fag keyboard fag can attempt to usurp that position but he will never superercede it and i remain steadfast in that opinion and no matter how much you love your bass guitar, your keyboard, etc. nothing will ever top the might that is the creative potential that is a distorted guitar downtuned to a B and played with the goal of creating crushing death/black metal riffs that will stand the test of time based on their technically proficient use of melodic structures so tuck your tiny half erect dick into your own asshole and suck out the fluids you nigletestosteroid

that's what i thought, bitches

it depends on the project. stop prescribing autistic shit to art

Attached: sm.geroman.wb.gif (152x152, 902)

Keyboards>Bass>Drums>Guitar>Vocals
The first two add essential texture to a rock band. A good rhythm section adds further depth to the music and as this user states , can't do it without great drums/bass.
youtube.com/watch?v=YRrKHFxLRh4
Just have a listen to this. Would still be great without the guitar but if either the bass, drumming or keyboards were shit, this song would collapse immediately.

>riffs
riffs are for basic buttrock lovers

It's your thread and it's on you, brainlet.

>melody
>soul
kek. Melody is just as primitive as rhythm; animals and normeis react to it just as much. If anything, it's the harmony and/or form that speak to the soul.

>distorted guitar downtuned to a B and played with the goal of creating crushing death/black metal riffs
Holy shit taste consider suicide any time.

lmao the fuckig bass-cope in this thread is hilarious.
Hey you fucking LOSERS, go to almost any album and remove the bass tracks and you'll still have a solid album and most normies won't even fucking notice. Remove the guitar tracks and people won't even want to listen to it anymore.

(pssst... guitar players! now we can wait for the autistic kids to post examples of albums where bass is utilized more heavily than usual as a counter-argument)

guitar=keys>vocals>drums>bass

people hum melodies instead of beatboxing a drum beat

i fucking HATE the bass

>Crushing death/black metal riffs that will stand the test of time
Fucking kek this is shit a teen would say. Who let the metaltard out of their containment board?

truth

>Being so basic he doesn't realise how much of the 'guitars' lower register sounds is actually the bass playing.
Its not just rhythm: bass adds so much tonality to rock music; a subtle but crucial contribution. The keyboard is also a superior lead instrument to a guitar while also being able to dish out harmonic padding. If versatility is guitar's strong suit, a keyboard is even more versatile.

youtube.com/watch?v=LFIbz6D3vhw
sounds like shit honestly.
>bass sucks good bass doesn't count
And guitar sucks too if you're only going to count shit guitarists (such as yourself)

t. Glockenspiel

This. Bass is superfluous.
youtube.com/watch?v=OBTbVQmCQGA

>posts generic ass derivative second wave black metal as an example of good riffage

were you born a fucking retard or did you have to work on it?

>bass is superfluous
Only because most of you metalheads lack the songwriting ability to have good basslines.
Watchtower destroys 99% of all metal bands and their bass playing is one of the main reasons why
youtube.com/watch?v=-qapZRsJE7Q

Also listen to better genres that actually utilize a broad spectrum of instruments.
youtube.com/watch?v=4T9tjQ9IH-c

>you metalheads
Bass is just as important to metal as to any other genre. No need to stoop down to being an idiot just ebcause you're arguing with one.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ny7cTFHcL04

>bass sucks good bass doesn't count
I never said bass sucks, it's just the obvious choice for the least important element of a band if you know anything about music. Also, it's not "bass isn't important except when it's good bass" it's just that there are exceptions to any rule. Some bands feature the bass in a much much more prominent role (Primus or Om being two examples) but these are exceptions to the norm and you know it. If you need to grasp at straws to prove your point then you're on the losing end.

Literally any band that's at least even half-decent is going to utilise all of their instruments to their best potential. No band where "[x] instrument isn't really important to the overall sound" is worth shit. Not being able to utilise the tools at your disposal is the mark of a shitty musician. This is basic.

>punk tinged death metal band
I posted Watchtower precisely to show the potential having good bass represents for metal bands.
Posting Bolt Thrower just further proves that the typical metal band can't properly incorporate bass for shit. It's up to the trad, jazz influenced, punk influenced or experimental metal bands to actually do it right

>least important element of a band
Sure if you want your music to lack tonality and require your drummer to be several magnitudes more skilled to compensate for the lack of bassist and lay down propulsive rhythms.

Hammond>everything else

Based Tony Banks

Guitar=Drums=Vocals=Bass
A band is a unit. They play together and off each other, relying on eqch other for support. If you believe otherwise youre wrong.
>inb4 bass player detected

Bass is the most fun, and I'm okay with being a big nerd and never getting laid.

>being so contrarian you think claypool is bad
just stick with your no-name black people bud, don't share your opinions