Unpopular Opinions

Alright Yea Forums time for an unpopular Yea Forums opinions thread.

Post your unpopular opinion. I'll start. The Crab Rave song slaps.

Attached: crab rave.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cIsewG2g-1g
youtube.com/watch?v=nF66dn7woNM
youtube.com/watch?v=HqmpIQ9l-uA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Daughters -You wont get what you want is only a 7 at best

The best Animal Collective album is Feels MPP is only their 4th best

My Chemical Romance were the last rock band worth a damn

Marty Robbins > Johnny Cash

It's okay to like current pop music.

AnCo sucks

noise rock is shit

This album is unironically a 10/10.

Attached: EVR161-SelfishMachines-550x550.jpg (550x550, 84K)

I really like most of the stuff that I listen to and try to find good things about everything

There hasn’t been a single good new artist of the last thirty years.

limp bizkit is tool but with more instrumental talent, a better vocalist, and less cringy lyrics

so's your mum

Peak Marty Robbins is better than peak Johnny Cash, but Cash was better overall.

vast majority of Yea Forums has dogshit taste

OP asked for unpopular opinions.

vast majority of Yea Forums has fantastic taste and isn't a cesspool of contrarians

The Prodigy?

Skrillex did nothing wrong (with dubstep)

Attached: Headphones_1.jpg (1024x768, 159K)

no

Ultraviolence is the beat Lana Del Rey album. Fite me

Weezer has more good albums than bad ones

TR/ST is slept on as fuck the self titled TR/ST album is a solid 10/10

There's No 666 In Outer Space is the best Hella album
Any Mayhem release after Live in Leipzig is irrelevant
Québécois bm > French bm

Hair metal is fucking great.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Which releases would you say are the good ones?

death grips pretty much completely suck

Blue
Pinkerton
Maladroit
Red
Hurley
EWBAITE
White
Pacific Daydream isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, and Teal if you wanna count it

Based opinion and based digits

The Doors suck.

>The Crab Rave song slaps.
Absolute banger

Rock is insanely overrated, jazz and classical are far more interesting

YWGWYW by Daughters is the only noise rock album I like that doesn’t go into noise metal or post-rock territory.

Gridlink is the best death metal band because even though they are grind, what they actually do is fit death metal riffs of all variety into very small song lengths so they don’t waste your time with dumb wank like most other extreme metal.

Unless the live music has basis in improvisation, if there isn’t some other component to go along with the music like a visual component, then it’s not worth going to the show live.

A lot of the big pop hits are far better made and more intricate than a lot of music discussed here. But the stereotypical audience for a lot of that stuff is young extroverted girls which is counter to the audience here.

Artists like Agalloch and Swans that took from neofolk music have made far better neofolk sounding music than the often overrated neofolk artists themselves.

Oh, I forgot: Classical music is super overrated because it has aspects like it being a written tradition, movement based structures, and the performance culture surrounding it that limit it in very subtle ways that even the most basic pop song doesn’t have to deal with today. There’s also a ton of filler in even the great works, which probs wasn’t seen as filler by those in the past as they didn’t have portable music listening methods. But standards have changed now that music's more available.

yes

I've unironically considered this the greatest record ever made for the last 3 years now. Almost nobody even comes close to agreeing with me on this.

Attached: generic.jpg (220x220, 8K)

That ain't unpopular at all here dog.

Honestly true

Not even close. Blue and Pinkerton are the only listenable Weezer albums.

George Harrison was the best Beatle
Video game and movie/show soundtracks can be good, valid music
It isn't fair to dismiss entire genres because your limited experience with them has been bad

Pixies are a fun band, but they lack the depth of any sort necessary to receive the kind of praise they have.

The interview at the end of TPAB only demonstrates Kendrick’s lack of genuine critical thought and that the attempts at it on the album were contrived and phony.

Even though their music can be very impressive, the minimalists amounted to little more than high kitsch.

Drake is a talentless assclown

Really any "musician" who started making crap noises with their computer after about 2009ish is a talentless assclown. None of them are artists

Critics who intellectualize lyrics that endorse the views of Afrocentric cults are scum.

I can't stand Fugazi

Op didnt ask for facts

Joy Division is a boring band for sorry nerds and their massive influence pretty much ruined British music for the entire 1980's
Morrissey is a pseudoliterate hack

Madvilliany overrated

Rap music sucks because it’s becoming feminine. It’s not about real shit. It’s whiny and bitchy.

Purple Rain/Psych-era Prince is overrated as hell. Funky Prince is best Prince.

IMA FIAH STARTAH TWISTED FIAH STARTAH

90% of Radiohead's music is ass.
They aren't as god-tier as people act like they are.
They have a handful of good songs.
>High and Dry
>Karma Police
>Fake Plastic Trees
>No Suprises
>Creep
>The Blue Planet 2 version of Bloom youtube.com/watch?v=cIsewG2g-1g
>True Loves Waits

My favorites are the redone Bloom and Fake Plastic Trees.

Attached: bpii_episode.jpg (1000x563, 293K)

objectively incorrect

Brad Paisley?

True dat. But, giving credit where due, about 20% of /mu likes the old stuff (i.e. the good stuff) so I at least get to virtually bond with those guys.

The Bay City Rollers are the best 70s band that you know nothing about.

Attached: bcr1.jpg (552x319, 140K)

Listen here asshole.
We Danced is a perfect song and I'm offended you would sarcastically bring up my man Brad Paisley.
youtube.com/watch?v=nF66dn7woNM

Attached: 1559017985518.png (640x624, 224K)

Dinosaur jr. Was at their best when j mascis wrote alone

I feel like theyre the rhcp of hardcore. Everyone respects their talent but nobody actually likes/listens to their music

Yea Forums is better than Yea Forums

It's fine to be a poptimist

Critics and RYM are taken far too seriously on this website

Cassettes are underrated as shit

Given that this is a mostly American website there's a shit ton of ignored good non-English music and that's a complete tragedy

youtube.com/watch?v=HqmpIQ9l-uA
my fav non-english band

Foals sucks without Walter Gervers. They should break up.

The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys are shitty bands with maybe 5 good songs

>The Crab Rave song slaps
Agreed, unironically good for a meme song

In the airplane over the sea is doo doo.

Hail to the thief >>>>In Rainbows

based

>The interview at the end of TPAB only demonstrates Kendrick’s lack of genuine critical thought and that the attempts at it on the album were contrived and phony.
Absolutely based

Beyonce is the most meme artist of all time
I'm sure on this board this isn't a controversial statement but the way she managed to constantly tell the whole world that they love her until it became true boggles my mind.

based dubs checking based quads
nice.