Shits all over the beatles

>shits all over the beatles

Attached: 2014TheBeachBoys_Getty3137602_10060314-2.jpg (900x600, 124K)

Dennis and Carl were so cute :’)

>1970
>Let It Be is a mess and the Beatles break up, start making diss tracks about each other and bad solo albums
>Beach Boys release the best album of the year and it's still not as good as some of their other albums

Attached: 02debe23cd806752852317a8a1a1806f.600x600x1.jpg (600x600, 95K)

Every time

Attached: van dyke.png (588x107, 41K)

How fucking good is This Whole World? It's like 2 minutes of pure bliss

>shits all over each other's dicks

I love this man so much lmao

lmao you wish.

literally no BB album is as good as any Beatles album.

also I could take 50 songs by The Beatles, and 50 songs by BB, and it'd be obvious which band is better.

although I do love The Beach Boys. not Mike Love though. mostly Dennis.

Attached: 1564505174751.jpg (220x293, 15K)

>reddit spacing

The Beatles are the epitome of boring. Beach Boys have soul.

>literally no BB album is as good as any Beatles album.

Pet Sounds isn't better than With the Beatles?

what? I've never been on reddit.

that's literally just how I write dude haha.

suck my MASSIVE BLACK COCK!

how much of an actual human burger do you have to be to believe this

The truth is, in 1970, that the Beach Boys ALSO nearly broke up. In '69, they finished off their contract with Capitol and had a BITCH of a time finding another label interested in them. Warner/Reprise signed them, almost against their better judgment. Brian's father sold the rights to Brian's catalog of songs for $725,000. Partially to get back at Brian and the group for ostracizing him and partially because in 1970, with the old surf & hot rod sound being held in THE LOWEST REGARD POSSIBLE, it looked like those songs would NEVER be worth anything. (Little did anyone know at the time.) In America, Beach Boy concerts were very poorly attended. One night, barely 100 people turned out for a concert. And that kind of thing was more common than capacity crowds for the Beach Boys in that era.

They *almost* packed it in.

Then along came Jack Reiley who -- wacknut though he was -- revived their career by reimagining and then reinventing the group.

A chapter for another day.

Pretty much. Beach Boys is like magic, it just feels so good to listen to them. The Beatles aren't like that at all.

THE best song on the album.

All Summer Long, Today!, Summer Days, Pet Sounds, 20/20, Sunflower and Holland are ALL better than Please Please Me. Otherwise, I grant you Beatles LPs are superior.

oh yeah it is. actually yeah you're right my bad dude. I retract my statement. but Rubber Soul and after is better than anything theBB ever made.

your opinion is wrong

The Beatles are consistenly great. The Beach Boys just went by a formula after a while. a lot of their music just souless garbage. you can tell that there was minimal effort and little originality put into it.

Aruba Jamaica...

all the things you're talking about are the direct result of mike love. I think the best of the beach boys is when brian wilson is leading the charge, and imo thats better than most of the beatles. the other stuff is just solid pop at best

I'm the biggest Beach Boy fan in this thread, but I have to disagree with you on The Beatles. The BEATLES music is magic. And much more consistent. THAT'S the big difference. This is why it's basically The Beatles Catalog vs. Pet Sounds. Once you get past Please Please Me, Beatles albums took a no nonsense approach. No stupid "novelty tracks" like Bull Session With The Big Daddy, I'm Bugged at My Old Man, and Our Favorite Recording Sessions. No filler instrumentals. And, from summer of '64 onward, The Beatles almost swore off covers. The result were Beatles albums where EVERY SONG is a treat. The best Beach Boys songs on every album of theirs were TERRIFIC. Incredible songs. But, every Beach Boys album had filler. Clunkers. Songs that shouldn't have been recorded. And that right there -- that one thing -- is the great big Separator between the two bands.

That said, it needs stating that in The Beatles, you had 3 writers and a producer. Four incredible, heavyweight talents. In the Beach Boys, it was all on Brian's shoulders. In the days before Pet Sounds, Capitol wanted 3 albums a year out of him, plus tours! He had to write the songs, teach them to the group & session players, and produce the music on top of that. All with very little assistance. Considering it was 1 vs 4, Brian was a working tornado of a man. It's amazing he did as well as he did.

>bad solo albums
citation needed

All Summer Long is their sixth album, why are you comparing that to The Beatles' first?

maybe it's just the nature of their massive influence, but the beatles always felt less timeless than the beach boys to me

Sorry you're not following the thread. Someone said that no Beach Boys album was better than any Beatles album. A statement like that takes time restraints and context off the table. Does it not?

and that's exactly why Brian lost hs mind. that and lsd. poor guy.

Correctamundo!

Even before he found drugs, he was a troubled guy. His dad really messed him up. Brian was beat up physically and emotionally by his dad. Then, Capitol put inhuman workloads upon him. I think he started experimenting with drugs for the same reasons everybody did in '65 and '66. But then he found the drugs helped him to escape the Murry/Capitol/Mike Love pressures. So it was both recreation and medication. And as Brian himself once put it, "I experimented myself right out of the business!" Similar to, but not quite as bad as Syd Barrett.

Kokomo isn't a bad song, and Carl's part in it is better vocals than Beatles has ever had. The man had the voice of an angel which is another reason why Beach Boys > Beatles

Carl steals that song.
Maybe the best male vocalist I ever heard.

Good post.

Attached: 1410426447289.gif (627x502, 941K)

Thank you. I try.

The Beatles music just isn’t stimulating. It sounds empty to me.

I’m thinkig bout this whole world

I feel like they unclick for me. I loved them like for 3 years and it doesn't feel the same, it's not like the magic some user said up. I feel terrible

>we’ll get there fast and take it slooow tHAAAAATS where I wanna go
Amazing

I'm pretty sure even the Beatles acknowledged that Wilson was a far better songwriter/musician than them

Yeah man, that one Beach Boys song they recycled 100 times sure is fun.

I have no clue what this is even supposed to mean

definately better than Sgt. Peppers and White album. It's not even close.