youtube.com/watch?v=M36rMInuHH0
youtube.com/watch?v=IuzTwea-t1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY DOLLA DOLLA

He used to stand for something
And now he sings his name with a capital G

You would too. Especially if it was a talentless retard taking your music

Based

Attached: Trent20Reznor.jpg (387x356, 31K)

>Let's his song be used for shitty single instead larping like he should
>let his song be turned into pop monstrosity with Miley Fucking Cirus for the worst Black Mirror episode
>Released his EP as album for more steaming watchers
>Ex-Apple employee
Literal sellout, disappointing

youtube.com/watch?v=cW9_ZoB0aIE
youtube.com/watch?v=M36rMInuHH0

Attached: 1551329465963.jpg (772x1235, 131K)

Quick Rundown? What's he done this year?

Received a big fat paycheck

He has the longest running #1 single under his belt

Don't forget he also bows to the Zuck

What a cuck, Young Trent would spit on this shit

>"Lets his song"
You don't need permission to make a cover.
Why? The first label he signed to got rich selling compilations of television jingles.

>Why? The first label he signed to got rich selling compilations of television jingles
Young naive Reznor, then, he made Broken as a response for being treated like shit, he was rebellious and pro consumer, especially during Slip/Ghosts era
Post-Slip Era Trent is a businessman more than anything else

Also Hesitation Marks is the most commercial thing he has ever done, embarrassing album

>Hesitation Marks is the most commercial thing he has ever done
not really, no one was asking for an album like that.

Now if only he could stop trying to be edgy in new NIN material and focus on ambient/film scores.

Trent during Marks era desperately tried to be big again, singing back to a label, appearing at the Grammys.
He should be more

>desperately tried to be big again
Well then he should have finished Strobe Light instead.

Hesitation Marks basically was that

How is it any different to PHM?
It's the same nin, just more bleep bloops and less distorshun.
If you're this obsessed with being anti-mainstream, maybe you should try a band that hasn't sold 20 million records.

What is he doing right now exactly?

Nevermind

Why were Option 30 so based lads
youtube.com/watch?v=IuzTwea-t1E

>How is it any different to PHM?
Hesitation Marks was far poppier and tamer. Pretty Hate Machine had far more rock and even its poppier parts had more of an edge,Marks has none.

>far poppier
not really
>far more rock
which was commercial in 1989
Why listen to a pop band with a slight edge rather than just a full blown edgy band?

How in the fuck is it not poppier? You got songs like Copy of a, Came Back Haunted, Find My Way, Satellite and of course Everything

>not really
Pretty Hate Machine never even comes close to the borderline Pop of Everything, Disappointed, and Satellite.
There was no album like PHM, but there are millions albums that sound like Hesitation Marks, even by the time it came out

>Find My Way
Something I Can Never Have is far poppier ballad

>mad cause he's making money off his music.

Attached: 765q5342.png (800x414, 564K)

we get it. you don't like HM because muh sellout bullshit. doesn't mean it's bad.

I still enjoyed most of it, people whine too much, their expecations, tooo high

the virgin 90's purist and the chad sobriety era

More like mad that he let his songs be raped for a shitty Black Mirro episode.

get fucked, he can do what he wants with a 30 year old song.

I'm I like HM

Am I being memed here?
Other than Everything which was an homage to all the gay new wave 80's pop music that inspired NIN, the two albums are just as poppy as each other.
If anything PHM is poppier considering the melodies are much stronger, and it's reflected in the sales and hype of each.
He's a pop musician that lightly used the aesthetics of Ministry and Skinny Puppy to trick plebs into thinking he's edgy, and you got caught out when he dropped that aesthetic, songwriting wise he remains pretty much the same, he just doesn't dump a hundred layers of distorted audio over his pop songs anymore, and you think that means he's just now gone mainstream, he was always there guy.

>let
He has no power to stop anyone from covering his song.
No one is going to send you a cease and desist if you play Creep on your ukulele at your high school talent show,

>He's a pop musician that lightly used the aesthetics of Ministry and Skinny Puppy to trick plebs into thinking he's edgy
You haven't heard The Fragile, have you

>doesn't mean it's bad.
It's literally just
>Muh drum machines
>instead of putting effort into any of my vocals ill whisper
Right Where It Belongs is like 14 years old, I understood Head Like A Hole, Right Where It Belongs was a far bigger slap in the face.
>If anything PHM is poppier considering the melodies are much stronger, and it's reflected in the sales and hype of each.
No, because Hesitation Marks i made by a band which has lost a lot of its relevancy, Hesitation Marks was heavily promoted and most people just didn't give a shit that much.
>songwriting wise he remains pretty much the same, he just doesn't dump a hundred layers of distorted audio over his pop songs anymore
I am aware of NIn being very pop leaning, but that's the difference, pop-leaning, that is what separated NIN, they had an abrasive element which putting in pop-songwriting, Hesitation Marks shows us what happens when you strip away the essential abrasive side e of NIN to make the record good,
>He has no power to stop anyone from covering his song.
He was asked if he was okay with the concept, he wrote some of the "Pop" lyrics for Black Mirror, he green-lighted Black Mirror.
He could have easily sued for Old Town Road if he wanted to, the song is meant to be its own creation without NIN or the Ghost track being mentioned anywhere in the title, it's not a cover, it's an over-long sample.

A lot of The Dowanrd Spiral tracks have unique structures and compositions that even with the layers of distortion removed, wouldn't be silly pop songs, there are few that are obvious exceptions (Closer).

>Ministry
you mean the same band that had the same pop roots as Reznor?

the Black Mirror creator was the one who reworked the lyrics. All Reznor did was give approval.

you know I do, why would you ask that
>hurr it has atmospheric instrumental tracks between the pop songs so it's not poppy
tl;dr
the vast Marjory are still verse/chorus based songs, slight variations of that are not a sign of him not being a pop musician, it's a sign that he's a good one.

>worst Black Mirror episode

Far from it.

>I'll just dismiss all the instrumentals which make up a third of the album so that my argument still sounds valid
The first track is literally Somewhat Damaged you pleb, if that's pop to you then so is anything by Skinny Puppy. The the track after that is experimental noise rock and then half the other non instrumentals aren't even pop. I was right, you haven't heard the album

Did I miss something?

Lauri Tähkä

purist virgins mad Reznor's having a little fun