Holy fuck I can’t believe I missed this, I thought Loveless was the only good shoegaze album but this is beautiful...

Holy fuck I can’t believe I missed this, I thought Loveless was the only good shoegaze album but this is beautiful, is shoegaze a genre worth exploring?

Attached: D45F58E7-C69A-4076-8E7C-924E3BB2C6F2.jpg (220x220, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgKpSnSZ6wU
youtu.be/aG47W6ieyoY
youtube.com/watch?v=fRTpyT1pbjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>loveless
>shoegaze

i mean yeah its worth exploring but how did you miss this, those are literally the only two shoegaze albums everyone shills on here

is this an albums with 2 good songs thread?

Loveless is noisy pop.
Souvlaki is dream pop.
Nowhere is shoegaze.

Machine Gun and Alison?

>not souvlaki space station and when the sun hits

alison and dagger?

i havent seen anyone talk about nowhere in a while. also if you think those genres are unironically worth distinguishing, you've gone too deep

thats it. every other shoegaze band is either mbv or slowdive

Loveless is one of the worst shoegaze albums

Triggered zoomer detected.

I guess I missed it because the cover turned me off, looked gothic and edgy instead of dreamy and spacey

What the fuck? I thought Loveless basically invented shoegaze, didn’t know this was even up for debate

tfw when lou reed literally invented all these genres

Attached: 8ABF443F-976C-42CF-9381-4B98599D6F06.jpg (300x316, 11K)

This:

tfw when Italo Disco is the only form of music that matters.

Attached: poster.jpg (194x259, 8K)

die

This:

slowdive are boring
listen to pale saints instead

Klapto are far better:
youtube.com/watch?v=UgKpSnSZ6wU

Attached: wrong.gif (480x287, 1.21M)

What genre is it then?

It's shoegaze. Don't give the dumb cunts any attention.

>is shoegaze a genre worth exploring?
Absolutely, OP, but stay away from the discussion of shoegaze outside of the /shugazi/ general. Here are some albums I guarantee you'll love
>Malory - Not Here, Not Now
>Resplandor - Pleamar
>The Verve - A Storm in Heaven

Terrible bait. Loveless is core shoegaze. That said, What You Want is a noise pop masterpiece.

But user, you wouldn't call early Beach House or The Raveonettes shoegaze would you?

LOL NOWHERE ISNT EVEN FUCKING NOISE ROCK ITS BRITPOP YOU FAG

>Loveless basically invented shoegaze
Shoegaze has been around since the early 80s.

What are you smoking? Are you claiming Nowhere created britpop? Because Blur and Suede starting releasing shit in 1992 you fucking moron.

Please give me examples of 80s shoegaze. Psychocandy is noise pop, there is nothing dreamy or psychedelic about it. Cocteau Twins lacks the noise. Some of A.R. Kane, Bailter Space and obviously MBV's later 80s work are the only shoegaze we got from the 80s.

off the top of my head I can think of spacemen 3, galaxie 500 and fucking lou reed in 1978

youtu.be/aG47W6ieyoY

>Please give me examples of 80s shoegaze.
MBV release both a shoegaze album and a shoegaze EP in the 80's, what are you even talking about, lmao

>shaky guitar with reverb is automatically shoegaze
Okay, then Rolling Stones invented shoegaze already in 1964, kek

youtube.com/watch?v=fRTpyT1pbjA

yes now your staring to understand

horrid statement

Souvlaki is the most overrated album discussed on this site

you probably haven't listened to any kanye west or kendrick lamar records then

based

Souvlaki is unironically better than Loveless. I've listened to their other stuff and didn't like it though.