Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: The-Big-Day-1563365415-640x6401-1563999968-640x640.jpg (640x640, 92K)

Artist: Chance the Rapper
Album: The Big Day

thumbsup.jpg

I was a fan of Coloring Book and Acid Rap. At best, those had some addictive singles. At worst, they were annoying and corny; obnoxiously wholesome. For reference, some of my favorite tracks by him are Same Drugs, Summer Friends, Good Ass Intro, Cocoa Butter Kisses, No Problem.

The Big Day is a big disappointment for me. I only enjoyed Let's Go on the Run, and other than that, felt it was cloying; insipid and witless. Chance's verses are wack as fuck. The cheese has been amped up tenfold, and this thing runs WAY. TOO. FUCKING. LONG. The house beats are fucking HORRIBLE.

4/10, a bloated, over-indulgent, boring mess. Straight up embarrassing.

this but you're not hating the album enough, would go lower with the rating for me

i thought acid rap was pretty fun to listen to.
listening this for the first time rn.

>opening track
i like how an opening tracke sets the tone. and if thats at all true for this album.. idk. not feeling it. it sounds like its 6 years late or something like that.
>do you remember
this is more like it. i like these vibes way better. but whats up with these beats.

nah idk. cant do this user, sorry.
wtf is up with these beats? what is this? is this the EDM and rap crossover thats just molding into something very corny. not sold

skipped through the whole thing looking for a beat that doesnt annoy me. every single time that i thought, yo this one soundss prettttyy. nvm its this bland boring closed-door sound again.

Got a link?

Archive is empty which is surprising

It's really not good. Way too long with just half-baked ideas sort of tossed in here and there to pad it out.

Of the 22 tracks on this album there are maybe 8 that I would consider good and only a couple more are actually memorable.

try out ybn cordae's new album. its what chance's new album should have been

Corny and wack

absolute trash

Disappointing, although it made me appreciate coloring book a lot more.
It's a generic 20 something track "please let some of these songs slip into Spotify playlist" album.
Thing was a real curve ball, the 6 singles he released were way better, even groceries was better than the average song.

no interest in listening to it

file corrupted

yea, spotify

I love Sun Come Down

I loved "Do You Remember" and "Lets Go on the Run" but didn't really enjoy the rest of the album

also I fucking loved Coloring Book, Summer Friends is one of my favorite songs of all time.
I love Chance the Rapper but this album felt like Chance was high off life and thought every song sounded amazing, meanwhile we're all sober and a lot of the songs just suck

kys (kill your spotify)

i like chance a lot but hot shower is one of the worst songs i’ve heard all year, the album isn’t terrible but it certainly isn’t good.

sucks ass, dude needs a major ego check. you can just tell he thought it was gonna be the raddest shit ever

Everytime I see the thumbnail it looks like some guy's hand covered in ghost jizz.

Interesting to see that many people disliking the album give Let's Go On The Run as an example of a good song, yet it's easily the most annoying track on the album
The "LETS GO ON THE RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN LETS GO ON THE RAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUNNNNNN" is so fucking annoying.

2/10 would have fit in 2009

The biggest disappointment of 2019, besides me.

Literally unlistenable. How did Chance drop off this hard before even releasing a single album?

didnt finish it but pretty boring honestly, got about 8 songs in and dropped it, not much going on

chance is too comfy now doesn't have that hunger anymore and it shows

I thought it was alright. Not his best work.

Would have been a 5/10 for me because the songs aren't boring but not necessarily bad, however the album is so fucking long that it pisses me off how long I have to sit through it so I give it a 4/10. Also can't believe Hot Shower is climbing the iTunes charts right now and it was easily the worst song on there.

I hope this is the bottom of the barrel because it can'take get much worse...

...right?

Pretty disappointed. Acid rap and coloring book were amazing, but this one just feels so polished and glossy in a way that sucks the soul out of the songs. Also this and this

My bad, this ,not this

Just listen to Cordae’s album/10

God I hate this dude, I always mute the ads he's in

Acid Rap never clicked to me and thought it was the so wack and obnoxious shit I've ever heard. Still hate the fuck out of it. I don't see what people see in it. Liked some of his features (Ultralight Beams gets me good every time) and the one single off Coloring Book.

I dunno. This is alright I guess? I can tell he's reaching the point where he's not trying so hard, and that's good and bad. His annoying ass voice is toned down a bit and I like some of the bars. He's for sure trying to be what Kanye is now but I don't think he has the legacy a lot of people, including himself, thinks he does.

TL;DR It's okay but I always thought Chance was overhyped to shit

>can't believe Hot Shower is climbing the iTunes charts right now
People who use itunes/apple music generally have shit taste so that's not surprising.

I dont understand why this is getting panned but he's been releasing the same song since 2013

Sucks bad
pure ass water
Cordae's shit was everything this should have been
too long
not worth even finishing

I feel no one told chance that 1 . the album is too long. .2 that making a whole album about getting married gets very corny and cheesy lyrically after 3 songs. 4 beat selection was wack.

Ass

I feel like I'm listening to the same song over and over with some different features.

Attached: 69869687.jpg (274x280, 20K)

It's just people listening to autogenerated playlists. Normies don't even curate their own music.

It’s actually interesting to compare the top charts of iTunes Store and Apple Music
Two COMPLETELY different demographics