Steve Albini on the Pixies:

Steve Albini on the Pixies:
'A patchwork pinch-loaf from a band at it's top-dollar best....blandly entertaining college rock.'

Attached: stevealbini1-tJozPRCLPntjkNQE1Ik9m_Z8wXTXdIua.jpg (620x571, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/td90c/i_am_steve_albini_ask_me_anything/c4lp7h7/
youtube.com/watch?v=6vFZ0Dn4glM
youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-wkqLwI_M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Steve is literally retarded.

>produces their first album

IIRC this was the only time he actually came out and said he was wrong in dismissing a band. Usually he doubles down and goes "what, I said they're shit? well, they're actually ULTRA SHIT" but for some reason he apologized for shitting on the Pixies. Probably because of Kim Deal.

old.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/td90c/i_am_steve_albini_ask_me_anything/c4lp7h7/

he was right you know

Attached: 1562359233709.png (660x438, 93K)

Bossanova is a great album but I always preferred The Breeders.

>Please tell us about a memorable experience you have had in a restraunt.
Bob Weston, his squeeze Carter Nicole Launt, their friend Tara and I were eating at one of Chicago's many Greek bistros. One specific busboy/water glass filler/greasy little man-of-perplexing ethnicity made it a point of brushing Nicole's boob or shoulder when he refilled her water glass (which he did about every 22 seconds). She noticed and we all watched him do it. Then I noticed that he was turning his body in such a way that his actual pecker was what was rubbing her as he leaned over. I didn't say anything, so they're reading about it for the first time.

why wouldn’t steve stop this?

Fuck this roast beef eating fag who gets paid to literally turn on a mic

Enn Wording everything in sight

Aw does little snowflake Steve need to go to his safe space??? (Pictured here lol amirite???)

Attached: 9AFBDE04-8234-4DA6-A7D7-9B017D2C8CE9.jpg (221x300, 26K)

More like Sneed Albini

but he said that he really loves kim deal in a nardwuar interview

Best pic on Yea Forums

he seems like the person that can differentiate the art from the artist.

>roast beef
dont talk about kim deal like that.

Based

You’re gonna have to come with us mr Albini... we found your cp stash

Attached: 1B9B03B6-4212-4692-8D5E-34A3F5EBE607.jpg (450x557, 41K)

I agree completely, their only song that is as good as people say is Where Is My Mind?

Steve’s going to burger jail for crimes against Big Macs

lmao just cos the pixies were way more influential than big black

And sadly Fight Club fags ruined that song

But that songs not off Doolittle!

Gouge Away is best Pixies

fight club was the best movie of the whole 90s decade, you pleb.

>blandly entertaining

Attached: 1563563996669.png (434x300, 24K)

>Why yes I think the John Peel version of Manta Ray is the best Pixies song, what gave it away?

Attached: 1559645109190.png (723x666, 163K)

i have completely tied wave of mutilation to the memory of dicking down the super tight vagina of my lesbian friend, how can i shake down this association? i want to enjoy the song, not have fucking flashbacks of her jumping my dick and asking for my hot load inside her.

>dicking down the super tight vagina of my lesbian friend

This is one of my life goals. How did you manage to do it?

why not? that is pretty sick seeming imo

I love the Pixies, but anyone who thinks they are original or "influential" in any big way needs to listen to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=6vFZ0Dn4glM

Poor Jeffrey never got what was owed to him during his lifetime. The Gun Club were so fucking good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-wkqLwI_M

we were watching an almodovar flick, which is a sexy thing on itself, then i played her some pink floyd on guitar, and by then she was dripping. guitar magic strikes again.
because its been years and its an outdated memory.

1981? super advanced, holy shit.

try listening to the demo version it's better than the album cut anyway

Nice, ty for the rec, not a fan of the pixies buy this looks more protopunkblues according to their rym reviews

That's a pretty accurate description of their sound. Kind of... unsettling punk-blues in a lyrical sense as well as their guitar sound.

The Gun Club are ridiculously underrated. One of my favorite bands

yes the gun club are good. this happens every pixies thread, fact is frank took their sound and wrote songs with it better than they ever could

and then nirvana took their sound and wrote songs with it better than they ever could

he sure did

>Blandly entertaining
Pseudo-intellectualism at its finest.

well Nirvana's the type of music is listen to having a few beers with friends -- maybe a little blow -- but an enjoyable day.

whereas pixies is more sticking toothpicks in the urethra of someone seizing up from a khole. I come away with a lot more remorse

True, but the Gun Club are criminally underrated and deserve to be shilled because almost no Pixies fans have heard of them.

Pixies are soft as fuck

I think youre under the impression music needs to be hardcore to lead to that

Damn, you really convinced me with that track that literally everyone knows which sounds nothing like the pixies. Fire of Love is a shit album btw.

Retard, the bands pixies inspired were soft as fuck but picked themselves were wild when they started. If you can listen to all of Come on Pilgrim and think “wow what a soft, lovely album” then you’re a moron.

It definitely sounds like Pixies. A more boring, straight forward pixies, but it definitely sounds like them. You’re right about Fire or Love though, boring ass album with some good moments but no good songs