How do we feel about this?

How do we feel about this?

Attached: 89AF815B-C8B6-479A-BF3F-F4CD24E85A95.jpg (894x602, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/theo-baum-690586534/sets/1000-gecs-by-100-gecs-an-audio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Some of the tracks I enjoy but god lyrics are corny as fuck and they take musical ideas from shit tier genres. I like bubblegum bass to be overly hedonistic, which some of the tracks succeed at being

I wish the shilling would stop

P A N N E D
A
N
N
E
D

>caring about p4k in 2019

Should be waaaaay lower.

Why? It’s a 10 at least

Stop relying on P4K

This is the soundtrack to a diet of memes and internet addiction.While the shifting back beats jump from genre to genre providing endless novelty, the vocals shoot off disjointed one liner after one liner. This is the music of clicks and a consciousness guided by the algorithm.

Attached: 20190720_005028.jpg (4128x3096, 1.89M)

10+
this is a fraud

I can agree with this. It's very much a product of the times, too bad the times are shit

>7.4
I liked it but should I delete or keep based on this score?

If only it were one point better, I’d say keep

They aren't, it's just boring Yea Forumseddit anti-trans bait. You're going to have to learn how to shitpost eventually, OP, might as well take off the training wheels sooner rather than later.

Can’t wait for a tour

Yeah, I'm sure we will be seeing more of this

Ah is there a tranny singing on this? I was confused when I looked at the credits because it had a female name listed yet the singer sounds like a guy. It'd be a lot better if a woman was Singing. A lot of the lyrics just make me cringe when sang by a man but would work with a girl singer

Laura's a trans girl. Her track "how to dress as human" talks about her struggles with passing.

Waaaay too fucking high

soundcloud.com/theo-baum-690586534/sets/1000-gecs-by-100-gecs-an-audio

b-b-b-based

Pussy rating, as always with pitchfork. They should either give it the 9+ or a 2-. There's no in between with this album.

>irrelevent Album
>irrelevant site

I'M IN THE HILLS MAKING DEALS, WHILE YOU'RE ALONE AT HOME SHITPOSTING, CAN'T EVEN PAY YOUR BILLS (CHING CHONG)

BIG BOYS WITH THE BIG TRUCKS

Attached: IMG_2764.jpg (236x251, 10K)

>I need Yea Forums's opinion on P4K's opinion before I can determine my own opinion on something
This is concerning.

There are too many transexuals in bubblegum pop for it not to be a fashion statement

i don't care

>girl
lmao yeah it's pretty hard to pass when you're literally just a man wearing a few girly accessories. maybe if you try just a little harder you might grow a vagina some day sweaty.

do you think its possible that people just like it and want to discuss it and you just have a mental illness and find patterns where they dont exist or everyone is just a shill?

please explain, for an idiot like me, how this is trans bait?

I just watched the video for money machine and holy fuck those are some cringy guys, I guess they're hoping to get viral by being memes. The lyrics are so bad

should be a lil lower

All these people assuming that I, OP, didn’t already have my own opinions formed about this divisive and important album. For the record I think it’s great. Probably would have gone a little higher than pitchfork, but I don’t really rate albums (it’s not fun)
I asked about how “we” feel because I wanted to see the site’s reaction to the 7.4 rating. Duh. You idiots.
Not anti-trans bait, not even a shitpost, just a straightforward thread. Is it trolling now to post something you think will invoke a discussion? As usual, the real baiter is the one who called bait.

Should be a lot lower

How is this an important album?

Attached: cheers-to-manufacturing.jpg (660x330, 45K)

How do we feel about the album or P4K's review of it? The album itself is fine, but I've seen zero crunkcore references in any critical reception yet despite 100 gecs clearly owing a huge debt to brokeNCYDE for a lot of their sound and style

It’s representative of a whole underground scene or wave. It’s always important when a little movement like this produces something well put together that is able to break out and communicate that new wave to a broader audience.

Fuck pitchfork. This is AOTY

True

only worthwhile post in this thread
it's a love it or hate it album

trannys are fucking pedo's

What did they mean by this?

yikes

Pleb

Calling me a pleb when all it takes to impress you is a poorly mixed emo record.

the intro to money machine isn't funny but it worked really well at marketing the album

interesting record

if you thought this was an emo record, you need to get your ears checked

It's an emo record hidden behind midi presets

For real if you can’t see what’s new here you’re a pleb and if you think “it’s just brokencyde 2019 edition” you’re a boomer pleb

It sounds like some amatuers tried to apply a PC Music Attitude to Soundcloud Trap with random Pop Punk and Brostep influences. If they aren't plants then it's pretty interesting and refreshing and might be what PC Music has been in need of for some time. (A DIY Punk edge)
If they are plants, and the shitty vocal quality and mixing was on purpose, then it's garbage and proof that PC Music is dead.

It's just not that intriguing. I think that electronic music is, for the most part, the only genre that's pushing musical boundaries in modern times, such as bubblegum pop. Some of the ideas are interesting, but the guitar work and vocals are a huge crutch and are obviously influenced by early 2000s pop rock.

You can go on their SoundClouds and listen to all their work leading up to this. You can see their progression as artists and rise in notoriety. They’re not plants

I don't see why it's so hard for people to see the obvious pop-punk influence without sperging the fuck out and insinuating that I don't understand it

>electronic music is a genre
You’re a pleb, m8

I honestly don't know how to respond to this. Obviously, there are many sub-genres. Nitpicking small facets of my argument without addressing the larger picture isn't helping you

>I wanted to see the site's reaction to the 7.4 rating
Sorry but that's only marginally less $oy and still suggests you have a gossipy female brain.

who even goes to pitchfork anyway

The rest of your argument is that they bring interesting ideas. You say they lean to hard on the guitar and vocals. How is that a crutch and not just part of the music? I also point you toward this post (not me) >goes on a discussion board
>ew discussions are feminine

KEK those are both me. The heavy pop punk influence in the guitar and vocal work is highly derivative and uninteresting. The meat of the song should be the experimental part. They are just recording an unoriginal song with lofi recording techniques and pasting midi presets over it.

>midi presets
More pleb vocabulary tbqh
It’s not even lofi, what does that mean to you?
I think the pop punk influence is interesting and fits well for the mood. Instead of derivative, think of it as recontextualized.
You’re calling the songs unoriginal, that’s a valid criticism, but again, and I think it’s probably part of what makes the album so divisive, I see this from another perspective. They’re a little cliche, but that lends relatability. Not generic, universal.
I’m having trouble imagining which parts of 1000 gecs you want to be more experimental.

Oh fuck, I thought this was the thread about that Weatherday album. I had both threads open. I don't really like this album that much either, but certainly more so than that one. I don't care enough to really dig into this one all that much.

Wtf

I really like it. Anything else like this other than PC music? Ive listened to a lot of PC musics stuff so im looking for new shit

Go on their soundclouds

It's like they know how to make music sound compelling but have no idea what the lyrics should be
Feel so clean like a money machine is a catchy line but it's cringy and nonsensical which would stop anyone from playing it in public
Which is the exact opposite of what you want when your genre is "Pop"