Why does Linkin Park get called Numetal?

Why does Linkin Park get called Numetal?
Chester was Mostly inspired by Grunge/Alt Rock while Shinoda was influenced by Hip Hop with electro also influencing both

It's more Rap Rock than Numetal

Attached: images (76).jpg (226x223, 12K)

>nu metal
>not rap
Based zoomer

nuMetal was rap/rock synthesis like Limp Bizkit

without a doubt the single most retarded post i've seen on this board

Attached: 43.png (1100x534, 605K)

>record scratching
>rapping
>heavy guitars
>screaming and angsty lyrics
What more do you need for it to be nu metal?

How is Linkin Park in anyway Metal? They were mostly electro alt Rock with a rapper

Numetal refers to Metal bands with Rap

this, linkin park were more introspective as opposed to the brash, chestbeating aggression of limp bizkit

Because they got big during the numetal era and numetal fans liked them.

>Limp bizkit was the only nu metal band

Did Linkin Park have drop C/D tuning as well? I don't want to listen to any of their music to find out.

Drop D

yes
thats pretty much what all numetal is played in, so they can play whole songs with 3-4 single finger chords

ok. Linkin Park confirmed nuMetal.

Drop tunings are in no way exclusive to nu metal, brainlet.

Drop D + rap interludes = nuMetal

Because nu metal is an umbrella term for poppy and accessible hard rock music mostly consumed by teens and tweens growing up around the 2000's. It's just a catch all term.

nobody said that retard

Nu-metal is less accessible than most of Hard Rock, it always sounded far harsher than most of stuff from that genre.

I think most of their stuff is in D drop C

it's mostly angsty pop music with chugging distorted guitars and occasional rapping. of course it doesn't sound like most metal music, but that's not how people use genres anyway. for whatever reason this style of music came to be known as nu metal. nu metal bands all sound the same anyway, so yeah whatever, let's call that nu metal.

who cares. only metal purists

it's not just metal anyway. look at all the modern pop shit that's being labeled punk

>How is Linkin Park in anyway Metal?
are you kidding me? hybrid theory and meteora have some hard hitting riffs and screams. They downtune super low too, or maybe even use the legendary seven string guitar.

Hybrid Theory is 100% numetal

Raprock is nu-metal, although I swear it was called raprock back then.

who cares this band is shit and easily one of the worst bands of all time, only beat out by shit like twenty one pilots