The Grateful Dead was the best band of all time

The Grateful Dead was the best band of all time.
Jerry Garcia was the greatest guitarist ever.

if you haven't come around to this yet, you will, maybe not in this lifetime, but maybe in the next.

Attached: index.png (225x225, 9K)

Ween is better imo love The Dead tho

>tfw I was listening to Casey Jones on the train this morning

I like the dead and jerry is a sweetheart

>implying Bobby wasnt a better guitarist than Jerry

Attached: 285728_original.jpg (590x442, 107K)

was

Favorite song? mines Black Muddy River

both unironically true
jerry had a wholly unique style, never heard anything like it

Ah fuck, a boomer

>The Grateful Dead was the best band of all time.

Attached: 1474704348785.png (959x627, 714K)

To Terrapin is the best live album and showcases Jerry’s lead skills. The other peak is Live/Dead.

Live/Dead aka 1969 was guitar wizard Jerry

1977 Jerry was just a straight God with crazy emotional depth and on some Coltrane level improv

Oh by the way Trey is a Jedi.

I miss the Phish forums back in the day

Wharf Rat or Estimated Prophet

Goin' down the road feelin' bad, bad, bad. Don't wanna be treated this old way

intimidatingly large discog and I'm neither a boomer, or drug user. Where would you suggest one starts? Tried a few song and they just sound like a crummy Traveling Wibury's

For songs Ripple and Box of Rain
For albums American Beauty and In the Dark
For live stuff cornell 1977 and Alpine Valley 1989
Their live stuff is their best. This is just a sample of what i consider some of the best stuff if you like any of this Id say just explore from there.

Based

Attached: RETJGHRS_53879.1509139552.1100.1100.jpg (1100x1100, 1.41M)

Listen to Blues for Allah

Uncle John's Band

>Alpine Valley 1989
My nigga. The July 89' RFK boxset is solid too.

yeah, wtf this actually sounds good, this isn't my Yea Forums

Nothing is shaking on shakedown street

Man that cover of Desolation Row is great

wtf I'm a deadhead now. Where next?

The only good part of this band is the logo

That says a lot, because the logo is garbage

Based

All the zoomers ITT need to listen to Cornell 77 right now

The real redpill is realizing the covers are typically their best songs.

yes
no

most iconic band imagery of all time nigger

They're the best band when you have time to actually appreciate their music. Like you can't be doing homework and jaming to Grateful Dead, you need to be relaxing having a cig, joint, drink whatever but just unwinding and taking their greatness

The "Grateful Dead" has always been more a of a brand, than a band. They were the center of a bizarre cult following that revolved around the peddling of drugs. Yet there is much more to the story.

Despite being a "rock group", The Grateful Dead were not popular for their music; even their most popular album has only sold 2 million copies in the past 40 years. They were also not even real musicians, as you might note from the unmistakably poor nature and non-musical quality of their so-called "music" (which explains the remarkably poor sales figures for such a supposedly popular band).

The members themselves are employees of the military and other government agencies. The Grateful Dead project was a means of initiating a MKULTRA psyop used by the CIA and FBI (backed by the Democrat party) to push LSD-25 on to millions and reprogram their minds. This helped create a submissive and benign protest movement as well as subliminally creating a new generation of spineless Democrat voters. Further brainwashing used hidden messages in lyrics that would implant themselves deep in the subconscious of individuals when experienced in conjunction with LSD.

The project expanded in scope and by the 1980s, they were pushed through mass media channels onto mainstream audiences in order to subvert a new generation of youth. Additionally, these concerts were the home of not just testing grounds for LSD and other mind control chemical weapons, but intentional government-funded open air drug markets that could then be raided in police drug busts. These busts were purposely highly publicized in the media and meant to be used as scare tactic for older conservative voters to support the expansion of the government's war on drugs (which was/is itself a psyop for further reduction of individual liberties).

The "Grateful Dead" project is arguably a major influence on the mass degeneration of American society, culture, values, and civil liberties in the past 50 years.

>Jerry
>greatest guitarist ever.

fuck off.

Attached: D&G.jpg (2048x958, 397K)

whatever you say m8

Attached: 715JU6L2YWL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 22K)

Workingman's Dead

The Dead have influenced ALL parts of American music and you can find them in most parts of American culture. They’re beyond a band, they’re a national identity. Saw both Dead and Co and Phil this summer, Phil absolutely brought down the house at Red Rock. Never thought I would get a Werewolves of London but he provided