What the fuck are you talking about? do you guys have no ears...

what the fuck are you talking about? do you guys have no ears? This album is amazing front to back and it's unironically close to a 10/10

Attached: page.d2d1fdf5.jpg (900x900, 338K)

My Bloody Valentine was always trash

/thread

Attached: colbert.jpg (413x310, 23K)

yeah i agree 100% this really made a big impact in my life bc its just like, the large period of silence , I don't know it made me sad bc how can you be such a brilliant musician and then lose touch with it or something? but they came back and its brilliant I feel so great about life and I can't wait for their next release

The fuck? Don’t even start with me, kid. I’ve been hyping this album for years here and it usually gets nothing but praise. Some people even think it’s better than Loveless, and that’s not an unpopular opinion

Had they kept the "depressed Loveless" aesthetic during the entire album it would have been a solid record. However, after If I Am it becomes a compilation. Most of the individual tracks are great but together they don't make a good album. I love the drums in Is This and Yes, but the track is too long for its own good. In Another Way is great and fresh as fuck, it has the "jungle" influence that Kevin mentioned they were going for in the 90s but I think it goes on for too long and burns out the song's hook. Nothing Is is just a turd. It's barely even a track. Maybe it would work in another album, but it really does not on this one. Maybe if the track was shorter.

also what have you ever done with your life?

Wonder 2 might actually be their best song

idk why a few autists try to hype this album all the time. it's the definition of bland. i'm not saying a band should reinvent the wheel everytime they make a new album but this album did nothing new. it sounds like loveless zero, no sugar.

This. Most people agree that it's a fantastic album and plenty say it's better than loveless. Which would you prefer if you hadn't already been listening to Loveless for years?

plenty retards

First 60-70% of the album is amazing and then it tails off. I remember listening to this while laying on my bed and feeling something I couldn't describe. Later I realised it was virtually the same feeling as an acid trip.

But Wonder 2 is the greatest song MBV have ever done

It really isn't very good and I've listened to it probably over a dozen times trying to like it.
There really isn't enough going on. I'm not saying shoegaze can't be minimalistic, I love loveliescrushing, but as a followup to fucking Loveless? This sounds like an ambient album and not a rock album.

Also consider that this decade we got fucking Ceres And Calypso In The Deep Time. It's not like we're starved for amazing shoegaze, that album eats and shits this one out thirty times any day of the week.

That's personal opinion, but I do think it's a good song. I just think "New You" takes me out of the state the first half has put me in, the synth bit at the start of "In Another Way" is a bit shite, and "Nothing Is" is not my cup of tea. It's a good album, I enjoyed it, but if the second half could have kept the atmosphere of the first half, it would have been incredible

Agreed that the first 3 songs are one of their strongest streaks though
In Another Way and Nothing is are definitely disposable too

cut If I Am off the album for being dogshit and it'll be about perfect

Listening to the album you recommended, it's pretty cool. I like Fell In Love (At The Water) a lot

Are there any other jungle gaze albums? I think that this one's the only one that comes close.

love spirals downwards did an album that's basically just dream pop with breaks and bowery electric exist, although neither are really jungle

It’s arguably the best rock album of the 2010s

It's time for someone to light the candle and make it come true, desu.

based

Tracks 1-6 are great, almost better than Loveless. The rest not so much.

It is a 10/10 and it’s better than Loveless

Pleb

>released 22 years after loveless
>it actually delivers

praise shields

Attached: barney.png (300x300, 75K)

I think you mean is this and yes

whats wuth that hand