/dungeonsynth/

The time has come for another attempt at a dungeon synth thread on Yea Forums. Post music, both new and old, and enjoy the dungeon.

Attached: mortiis3.jpg (682x960, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sfcYi8-0HUU
youtube.com/watch?v=uKBg-G1749Q
youtube.com/watch?v=_hEyfHg6rm0
youtube.com/watch?v=TZ9Zhe05HH8
youtube.com/watch?v=34kCvjg85gg
youtube.com/watch?v=F3HSnjF3R6w
youtube.com/watch?v=irBNDw1fAjE
youtube.com/watch?v=P-N-BnQBRKc
youtube.com/watch?v=hrFhQ_pIYMI
youtube.com/watch?v=ubOtX7IGqDo
youtube.com/watch?v=DKadADf8Ilg
youtube.com/watch?v=BToUo0asP0Q
arcanaliturgia.bandcamp.com/album/tales-of-an-ancient-world
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

posting like i do in the occasional DS thread,
i will forever pissed at how much DS has no/minimal drums

Have you heard pic related, a Hate Forest side project. The drums absolutely bang on many tracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=sfcYi8-0HUU
youtube.com/watch?v=uKBg-G1749Q

Attached: arthur - pagan suns fire - cut.png (820x808, 671K)

more with similar feel to pic related
?

Attached: ba4f46ac99a55955b1be80b549a16c68.jpg (1199x796, 530K)

never said there wasn't DS with good drums, i was trying to be clear that i just meant the majority of the stuff i've heard

youtube.com/watch?v=_hEyfHg6rm0

What? Timpanis are a trope of the genre

I still wonder what stuff like Kobold will be classified as in the future. I feel like it's much closer to chiptune and actual videogame OSTs although the roleplaying game connections are definitely clear.

There's the Solanum side project that's a little more spaced out.

youtube.com/watch?v=TZ9Zhe05HH8

can I post OC?

Which album is pushing the envelope of the genre right now?
Only if it won't spoil the surprise for /dsd/

nbbmn and dsd are so close yet so far.

Old Tower

Last year's /dsd/ held up fine up to around the middle of december. Then it needed safety bumps. /nbbmn/ seems to do a lot better here.

Attached: herbalists1.jpg (350x350, 37K)

One pity bump

Attached: The_Complete_Guide_to_Dungeon_Synth.jpg (903x2010, 689K)

Essoupi rerelease when

I’m trying to remember a certain tape it was a photo of a wolf howling with a light blue ish background

Drunemeton?
youtube.com/watch?v=34kCvjg85gg

No it was a photo not a drawing

I fucking love black metal and Burzum albums are obviously some of the best in the genre, but his ambient work is incredibly underrated
It's really enjoyable

Attached: 1997_daudi_baldrs.jpg (594x290, 68K)

I think it’s great too, people always shit on it or try to meme it into irrelevancy.

The closer on Daudi Baldrs is insane. Reminded me of the King's Field soundtracks. The sax on the opening track is so something I'm still undecided on. Sometimes I think it's cool in a wacky way, other times it really clashes with the rest of the album. Have you heard this album? Reminded me strongly of them.
youtube.com/watch?v=F3HSnjF3R6w

Hadn't heard of it, gonna listen now
Thanks for the rec

hahahahah you're all faggots. fuck this fake dark renaissance fare bullshit. some atmospheric stuff is ok but all the fare flutey bullshit sucks.
i like this shit here.

youtube.com/watch?v=irBNDw1fAjE

Attached: cover.jpg (1561x2264, 628K)

youtube.com/watch?v=P-N-BnQBRKc

Attached: Orkish Battleground.jpg (384x569, 62K)

It always intrigues me that this genre has so many ties to black metal. But it never captures me because the tunes are so simple compared to Black Metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=hrFhQ_pIYMI

Attached: Uroczysko-okl_1.jpg (428x640, 103K)

A lot of early black metal musicians were huge fantasy/rpg nerds so it's natural for them to make rpg game-like music
youtube.com/watch?v=ubOtX7IGqDo

Attached: cover.jpg (2288x797, 293K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DKadADf8Ilg

Is there any sample based or modular dungeon synth out there? Only ever heard one such album

Crazy album.

Yeah, the best you can do if you wanna get into it feeling like that is check out the dungeon synth stuff that black metal musicians made
It's usually more genuine, original and authentic than any pure dungeon synth artists' stuff anyway so you're not missing out on anything

why does all dungeon synth sound like a bunch of casio keyboards and not a bunch of scary shit?

I possess a penis the length of which impresses mother. Some say it is a wonder I ever got there ; hey hey indeed woo

High end equipment wasn't available to anyone involved back when it was filed under dark ambient or dark medieval. Mortiis said that if they would have had access to that stuff dungeon synth as we know it today wouldn't exist. It was a lucky turn of fate. Now it obviously became a trope with a canon to lack back to. The thing is that hifi recordings often sound closer to soundtracks and neoclassical music. Overstepping that boundary loses all connection to the spirit of the genre.

Yes

The new Malfet is pretty comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=BToUo0asP0Q

Attached: sirion.jpg (300x300, 22K)

What's better, a Mortiis shirt or one of his side projects like Cintecele Diavolui?

Vocals never really took off in this genre for some reason. Polish artists seem to love them though.

A Mortiis shirt will increase the chances of running into a fellow dungeon dweller by 1%. Whether that's something you want is up to you.

If it means increasing my chances of running into you then of course I do :)

Dungeon synthers are chads. Have you seen videos of that festival? All the prolific artists have wives or girlfriends.

arcanaliturgia.bandcamp.com/album/tales-of-an-ancient-world

Attached: arcanaliturgiatales.jpg (1200x1200, 361K)