Im going to this festival, i got tickets for the whole thing but ive only heard new order...

im going to this festival, i got tickets for the whole thing but ive only heard new order, is there any worthy band or am i missing something?

Attached: [email protected] (1684x2382, 3.25M)

Ahaha what the fuck is this shit? How much did you pay for tickets OP?

i got them for free, but it should cost about 80€

Sell them dude.

i want to see new order and if i dont go to this i probably will not get to attend to any show this year

New Order are a disgrace to Ian's music and an absolute joke. Why would you go out of your way and attend such a shitfest to see them?

Boo this man. New order are better

Fischerspooner is the only thing there

because is the closest thing i will ever get to see joy division live and i like some new order songs but i agree they are overrated as hell

Just go see Peter Hook and the Light, he does a shitload of Joy Division stuff at a quarter of the price and plays for three hours. Whether or not you're keen on him and his singing, the band is solid.
Barney's a cunt.

>disgrace to Ian's music
It was a collaborative effort from the start, he was the lyricist and vocalist. The music was Sumner, Hook, Morris and a good amount of Martin Hannett.
Get your head out of your ass, Ian may have been a tortured soul but he was not and should not be some sacred cow. He was a decent writer with health problems who never got the help he needed because he never admitted to anyone that he needed it, cheated on his pregnant wife then killed himself when his bullshit came home to roost. His story may be tragic but it doesn't make him a genius.

Doesn't change the fact that Ian was a crucial element of the music. Peter's basslines and the general ambience and thematic of the albums was focused entirely on Ian's writing and imagery. Ian brought these works to fame through genuine sincerity and artistry and Hook does nothing but sell out and make a complete mockery of said work with fucking orchestral covers and baywatch commercials. What an absolute joke. Man's a piece of shit.

>Complaining about a man selling out nearly 40 years after Joy Division ended
You never know, Ian may have wanted to make a couple of grand too, if he hadn't killed himself like a fucking faggot.

He can do whatever he wants but you must be legitimately retarded if you think NO has anything to do with JD whatsoever, let alone the competency to perform JD songs.

I would go see Ladytron, they are not fantastic but they have some singles that I like.

Such as; Destroy everything you touch and Ghosts

>The competency to perform JD songs
They're their songs just as much as his you div, the only difference is they're alive and want a new swimming pool and he has been dead for decades now because he ran from his problems rather than getting help.

Most of it is just shitty Spanish indie. Cupido it's kind of okay thought

>Benidorm

Absolutely disgusting city

Go see Dorian and Rinocerose OP

Do you understand what the word "competency" means you illiterate shitwad? I'm not sating Pete doesn't have the right to perform them.

They're the original performers of the fucking songs you prat. They were never just Ian's songs, they were Joy Division's songs. Sumner, Hook, Morris, and they are still perfectly capable of playing them as anyone who has seen a live set of New Order or Hook would be able to tell you.

Hook lacks the emotional skill to perform JD songs because the man is a vapid soulless husk of a human being.

absolute dogshit lineup

Dorian are actually pretty good. Saw them live at a free festival in Madrid.
Vetusta Morla are really good live even though their songs are generic as fuck.
The Vaccines have a couple of good songs.
I've heard that Cut Copy and Second are good though I haven't listened to them.
But yeah, the only other one I actually like is New Order.