THIS IS THE DAY OF THE EXPANDING MAN

THIS IS THE DAY OF THE EXPANDING MAN

Attached: 519YyeZBi-L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 54K)

i like steely dan's lyrics and melodies but i don't like their dumb jazz crap harmony

I heard them play in Alabama, and people cheered like crazy when they sang that line. It was one of the most boomer moments in my life and I loved it.

>tfw any world that you're welcome to is better than the one you come from

Attached: feels sunset.jpg (653x490, 32K)

The melody is part of the harmony you retard.

you can have a single melody played with infinitely different harmonic accompaniments

I CRIED WHEN I WROTE THIS SONG

Yeah, no shit, and the version of the melodies that YOU SAID YOU LIKE are the ones played over the "dumb jazz harmonies" or whatever you said. That doesn't make any sense.

it is kind of annoying it isn't easy to cover unless you learn all these super specific chords but i still love their music so...

>the version of the melodies
no, the melody is the same. if i sang the melody of deacon blues or played the intro solo to reelin in the years over a more rock style backing with simpler harmony, the melodies of those parts would still be the same. you're being purposefully obtuse.

>
AND HIDE BEHIND THE WHEEL
why do I know this when I don't even like this song?

I'm not being obtuse, you are.

You can play Steely Dan melodies over power chords all you want but they're still going to imply all of those nasty jazz chords because that's how jazz melodies are written.

If you think I'm full of shit, prove me wrong.

it's "die behind the wheel", dummy
drinking and driving ya dig

love that song and that album but christ that is an absolutely awful rip of the album cover ahaha

>You can play Steely Dan melodies over power chords all you want
yeah i'd much prefer that
>they're still going to imply all of those nasty jazz chords
depends on the melody, and implied harmony is different from explicit harmony. and i don't dislike jazz chords in and of themselves. i generally dislike their smooth instrumentation too.
you know what i mean, you're just being an asshat trying to flex your music theory knowledge.

also
>inb4 "knowing what harmony means isn't 'music theory knowledge' dumbass haha"
yeah, but you're just trying to act superior for no reason about basic information that no one was even arguing about.

OOH NO NO

Steely Dan is not the same band without their harmonies.

i'd like them more as a different band then

now this is a great post. i'm loving this steely dan talk. keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you’re going to broadcast what a pleb you are, at least do it somewhere more public.

Like Reddit.

Knowing what Donald Fagen and Walter Becker look like, hearing them sing about sex makes me physically ill.

are you a fag?

you will stagger homeward to your precious one

"I'm the one" *licks your cheek*

Attached: B2E8FB7C-D6BF-46BC-A681-6532952243AD.jpg (1468x1868, 531K)

10 years ago when i failed out of college i used to drive around listening to this while i was pretending i was out with friends so i could lie to myself and believe that i wasnt a total fucking loser