String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons/
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar-craftpedia-en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPagesLuthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!KIoilagK!3KtnUYdTW43VsQu9QjJS_g
Should I buy a Chinese guitar?
>ireallylikeguitars.com/buying/buy-cheap-chinese-guitar/

Old thread

Attached: Guitarra-Condor-CLP2-S-20131118035828.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P7vg7ir8jyc2
youtube.com/watch?v=efW-sTl6YpM
youtube.com/watch?v=6WmHO0p2YSc
youtube.com/watch?v=32ScTb6_KHg
amazon.co.uk/Dunlop-Tortex-Standard-Guitar-Plectrums/dp/B0084PASP0/
youtu.be/S96obV7GvYY?t=1211
instaud.io/3X4m
youtube.com/watch?v=509zu5VGh60
youtube.com/watch?v=VWO3nEuWo4k
reverb.com/uk/p/gibson-les-paul-special-double-cutaway-tv-yellow-1959?gclid=CjwKCAjw67XpBRBqEiwA5RCocaUQIyXfeYOm4sljgZZ7eJBnZbg2wlBSL4dGF3A39UQuj0ULL7ngMRoCp-MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&hfid=18244109
youtube.com/watch?v=UTKq9zXE-Ec
youtube.com/watch?v=fJLLv_wJFwk
youtube.com/watch?v=b_741PwcOhE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like that stylish scoop on the pickguard.

only a turner is good enough

Attached: lindsey.jpg (772x434, 27K)

that's easy to say when it isnt your guitar that has a retarded scoop on the pickguard for copyright reasons

GOT THEM DIABETES BLUES
OHH LAWD MAH SUGAR LEVEL GONE THROUGH THE ROOF

Attached: hot-list-bluesman-kingfish-3x2.jpg (1296x864, 712K)

>he doesn't own a Gibson because he earns under $2 per hour

Attached: laughingtakagi33.gif (452x520, 284K)

Tranny

Tranny fucker

You wish

Coming through, boys.

Attached: p_region_AZ2402_SFG_00_01.png (2600x862, 350K)

Super

is the ibanez tremolo good?

Attached: Imperial_Flame_Maple_Full-161220-585997c3f0aef-1381x921.jpg (1381x921, 99K)

This is the worst aesthetic, they look like $120 budget guitars from the 90s.

sup super

I don't own a gibson because I don't want one.

Looks pretty boppin

Attached: 2 weeks of poorfag finances.png (318x548, 29K)

Has anyone put an overdrive into a shitty solid state practice amp and gotten a nice 2nd wave black metal tone?

all black metal tones are awful

> Because I have more money than skill

It arrives Wednesday...

Attached: 611-bh-50-00_copy.jpg (1000x372, 56K)

yeah but has anyone done that and gotten an awful (good for black metal) tone?

Poser black metal tones are okay, unless you're a blues dad and everything must be slightly overdriven single coils with the mids cranked or it's "mud i tell ya, ya kids hide yer bad licks behind dat bad tone"

youtube.com/watch?v=P7vg7ir8jyc2

the song you posted isn't really black metal

Reportin' in

Attached: muhgibsonz.png (998x1331, 2.27M)

Noice

Let us know how it plays. I'm considering getting one.

And for the skeptics..

Attached: proof.png (756x1008, 1.3M)

>poser black metal

ah, a fan of K-On

that finish is awful

Don't forget to take your hormones.

win rack
okay
>leather chair
okay
>expensive guitar
okay
>baby chair
Maybe put that in a different room
>video game character dolls
Okay what the fuck I know for a fact that is not your son's bedroom

Thanks bros.

I played the same model at a Guitar Center before ordering from Sweetwater, hoping their autistic inspection assures the quality. The tone is amazing as is but the addition of the piezo really rounds it out and makes it amazing. As far as really high gain, you hear EVERYTHING... 6 string chords ring out beautifully and you can hear each string. As for playability, it feels almost like the frets aren't there. It's buttery smooth, very light, small and easy to position and hold... I have zero hesitation when I say I really don't have the skill to take advantage of it but maybe with time I can become worthy.

Sasuga gibson

its the low output pickups make the notes clearer with the gain

> baby chair
I wanted everyone to be aware that I did in fact achieve coitus with a woman because of the
> video game character dolls
She doesn't... she doesn't really get it... but she accepts that it makes me happy...

Things people say about the JP majesty

Things people say about the Gibson Les Paul

>Buys a baby chair to pretend he got laid once

The absolute state of gibsontrannys

I didn't think they were low output because low output pickups in my experience don't chug when you palm mute dat low E doe, and these chug man. But I trust your experience.

>his wife didn't buy him a nendo of his favorite anime girl and then get a matching one for herself

enjoy divorce

>I did in fact achieve coitus with a woman
Pure fiction.

Attached: frakes.jpg (981x698, 86K)

Do they come with burstbuckers? if they do then its a more vintage voiced pickup more clarity because less crunch was desired when they were designed

This. If you're a nerdy fag and your wife isn't that baby is going to come out looking like someone else.

I actually knew nothing about it until I posted here a few weeks ago lol; I got the Les Paul 7 years ago. However, now that I've watched most of the first season, yes I'm a fan.

>7 years of HRT
>Still looks like a man in a dress

yes, this is what I'm going to tell people when my Sayo Hikawa signature M-II comes in the mail

>Band-what? I just found this on ebay and thought it looked cool dude. Check it out. There's a rose on the 12th fret. Classy. But yeah, I'll check that out.
>wait two days
>Thanks for telling me about bang dream dude I watched the first season and it was pretty good.

Guys...I think I mastered the F chord

Holy shit I'm laffin. If there was a cat Peach amiibo, she'd get it. Other than that she doesn't give a fuck cept she likes the Sonic one.

The seed is strong... Everyone says my kids look like me and don't look a thing like her.

Well at least I'll have both ends of the spectrum... Although I think the Les Paul finish is beautiful myself. Maybe I'm getting old.

They're DiMarzio Rainmaker and Dreamcatcher humbuckers with a piezo in the bridge. Ernie Ball site says John Petrucci worked with DiMarzio to specifically tailor them to what he wanted.

fiction

It was a Guitar Center bundle deal!

>it was the F power chord

She doesn't get it because she thought she was marrying a man.

Soon he will be able to play smells like teen spirit

Dude, that song is so hard. Like, how do you do that scratchy noise? Or get the rhythm right?

I'll just stick to iron man thanks, I almost mastered the sliding part

It was only afterwards that she realized she was duped by a masterful ruse! Perfect crime breh.

My gold standard was always the opening riff for Secret Agent Man.

stick to more that than a feeling

much harder song

yeah they look like every cheap korean super strat ever. They play fucking great though

oh really?

yeah

Please explain that 4 cent credit.

Is it better to wait until I finish the major scale and learn about modes before learning the harmonic minor or is it ok to do simultaneously? Right now the plan is to finish the pentatonic scale before doing all that other stuff.

Better than owning a guitar that looks like it's high end but sounds like ass

Someone gave there 2 cents twice over.

the fake ones have that too

I find this answer amusing and therefore accept it as fact.

Oh, that's disconcerting. Pretty sure it's legit tho.

>Is it better to wait until I finish the major scale and learn about modes before learning the harmonic minor
probably

We posting authentic Gibson?

Attached: IMG_20190715_234920~3-1069x1612.jpg (1069x1612, 598K)

>alternate picking

Attached: soylentfaggot.jpg (680x907, 54K)

what

>gibsoyn

Attached: soymilk.jpg (673x1024, 78K)

Lurk more

>dat carrot dildo
>gibson tranny
seems about right

what

>Why yes, I play a Dean ML. Why do you ask?

Attached: literally chad.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

nice gibson maestro you got there.

i love that holy grail

OD before fuzz into amp or OD into amp with fuzz in effect loop?

sell all your pedals and buy a gibson so you don't have to ruin your tone to sound better

fuck off fag

OD then fuzz then amp

get a job, buy a gibson, thank me later

Attached: 588d64f98a283794fbf1e6ab5d7a7e62.jpg (640x361, 29K)

blow me, here's 10 dollars, get the fuck out of my house

Since you don't own a gibson I don't think you have anything there to blow

Attached: ayayaya.png (400x400, 214K)

why?

What are some albums that are much more enjoyable for guitarfags than for normal people?

richie kotzens first one

because

Forgot pic.

Attached: frampster.jpg (474x479, 30K)

youtube.com/watch?v=efW-sTl6YpM

from your ears and the time you spend on practice
this is jazz

fuzz works better when right after guitar. dude catalinbread also does it that way

>that bit at the end of the slow jam with the talkbox divebomb that transitions into him shouting

Attached: 1302844856420.png (500x382, 106K)

started trying to learn bass on my own today. some shit:
holy fuck is fretting uncomfortable. Is this normal? Like, my index finger is sore as fuck.

Also, there aren't really any in-betweens on my plucking. Either i pluck delicately and the sound comes out alright but too quiet, or i pluck hard and the frets buzz like wasps. Can I chalk part of this problem up to the bass (some Chinese hand-me-down that I'll replace when I get my next paycheck) or is it a symptom of my shitterhood?

Contrary to what the StudyBass guy says, the most comfortable position for my fretting hand and my body overall is actually strapless with the bass resting on my thigh. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting, kneeling, or stepping up onto something: the best position I've found is actually just resting the damn thing on my thigh. Maybe it's because I'm a 5'1" manlet?

can you take a photo of the neck of your bass
if you were sitting with the bass in playing position, take a photo from the top view of the neck.

>4channel user deemed more likely to have a son than be a lonely man-child
What the fuck happened?

if i practice my electric with no amp, will my family be able to here it in the next room over in the dead of night?

Boxxy.

>can you take a photo of the neck of your bass
fuck, I read this as "can you take a photo of your naked ass"

depends how hard you play, how thick the walls are, how heavy of sleepers they are etc.

please gib a generalized non-meme answer

probably not

lights in my amp aren't very bright, is it broken

Ok then no

thnx

Does it still make the guitary noise?
Try turning it up to 11

OK.

Attached: eric-andre-live-fonda-july-16-201370.jpg (750x500, 435K)

do I really need to have disgustingly long fingernails (RH) for fingerstyle/classical? My main instrument is piano so it's 100% not an option, also I hate having fingernails beyond a week-length.

>wants to learn bass
>5'1"
Uke would be more your thing.

they don't have to be super long but it sounds nice when you pluck the strings with your nail

Deep Longing for Annihilation, conquering dystopia, anything Merrow

Alternate picking is for soiboys. Not that youd know what either of those things are.

>What the fuck happened?

Asian women. What we wanted all along, but couldn't get until we finally moved out of our mothers basements.

i know what both of those things are but i fail to see how they are connected

I doubt you can play guitar or even bass or the ukegaygay

People played classical guitar with plain fingertips for hundreds of years before the fingernail autism. That trend only started because it's louder if you do it.

Now that everything is mic'd or picked up and amplified you can do it either way.

I love it when manlets project.

Wasn't sure what you wanted so I made a collage.

Attached: necks.png (2470x981, 3.95M)

Ive been a basement dwelling neckbeard and got 7/10 asians. If you are white and not a total pussy its easy. European women are harder if youre a basement dweller.

can you take another one from the far right angle but get a wider view of it?

At least you dont even try denying that youre a talentless hack. I bet you talk about gear a lot too.

Keep going, you'll be normal-sized one day.

European women are just as easy. You only think they're hard because you can tell which ones are desirable since you have the cultural context. You can tell who's a thot and avoid them.

If you had the same ignorance you did with the asian ladies you'd be fucking sleazy, neurotic thottimus maximii left and right.

>so BTFO "he" cant even formulate a rebuttal
JUST

Don't feel bad, user, you'll think of one eventually.

No, youre an idiot. I have dated and fucked asian 7or 8s easily, if you are white, asian women have lower standards for you. Caucasian european women have much higher standards. Fuck off with your armchair psychology r3ddit bullshit.

there are no asians above a 7

Note how you are intentionally misreading things to help you cope.

JUST

Let me know when it comes to you, user.

What you think is a 7 or 8 is a 4 or a 5 to asian chads.

There are no western european women over 7 either. All the hot women are in Italy and Greece.

True, but i mean on the asian scale.

>asian chads
Lel. I live in a super asian big city and see the full spectrum of asians every day, so youre incorrect.

I live in the west where all the good ones migrated so that might be your problem.

When what comes to me? A rebuttal? Ha. As i pointed out already, you read that wrong, retard. Its helping you cope though, which you really need.

No, youre just asian and jealous.

I'm here for another few hours, just keep me posted.

I'm 100% anglo. The only reason people think whites rule the world.

>There are no western european women over 7 either. All the hot women are in Italy and Greece
Cool, but an asian 8 is like a white 6

>spending hours on mu
That explains why you sounded mentally retarded

Maybe if you're a fan of the jiggly bits, I think they're pretty equal but with different strengths.

I sing song, it go ringy chong, ching chong chong chong ching

It's not the best, got anything else?

If youre into prepubescent children i can see why youd think that

You suck dick at guitar?

You already tried projecting, user.

I did say I was 100% anglo.

Attached: >A cup.jpg (919x1227, 236K)

Ya but youre a butthurt lying chink or a pedo so your word is meaningless

Here's another collage.
Ukelele is
1) played by like every pinoy i know, and here in the bay area I know a LOT
2) played by non-pinoy hipster shitters
3) played by nobody who makes anything other than shitty covers
the other guy isnt me

Attached: necks2.png (2464x664, 3M)

>n-no you
JUST

I guarantee im better than you.

Bay area is filthy

Give it time, user.

>he isn't a pedo

No, you could practice your whole life and likely never be as good as me at 13

should I still get a cheap amp if I’m mostly going to be playing with headphones or with very low volume because sensitive situation?

only san fran

as i suspected, your action is way too high. that causes the strings to be hard to push down as well as fret buzz.

also do I need capo or slides to start with?

Give it time to think of a decent quip, silly.

Youre too stupid for quips.

No. Capos are for womyn and other shitty players. Slides are cool but theres no need if youre just starting

You've already tried projecting, user.

so i'm buying an Am Pro P bass tomorrow and i'm unsure about the color, what do you guys think about this?

Attached: 74673.jpg (911x2000, 522K)

Saying user to feign confidence and hide obvious anxiety is almost as pathetic as intentionally misreading at insult to the effect of "i know you are but what am i?". I'll give you the last word since you were at such a disadvantage in this exchange.

You need something snappier.

About how many semitones higher can you tune a string before it becomes unplayable because of how easy it'll snap?

Thanks user. Can you give me any specific information on how much I have to lower the action or is that just something that can't be generalized?

Depends on where you live. I live in a burb downwind of a landfill and some salt marshes so it smells like shit. I've gotten used to it though, and other than being a shitty concrete prarie burb with nothing to do unless you travel to the bigger cities there's not much wrong with it other than that poverty levels are basically typical of every other burb near major metropolitan areas.

The only really filthy parts of the Bay Area I can think of are Oakland, East Palo Alto, the poorer parts of SJ, and SF. It's a pretty big place, and the NIMBY fucks think it's better to quarantine themselves off from the needy, homeless, etc rather than ameliorate the situation in any way. So you get this weird situation where homeless cities in Oakland are only a couple miles away from pristine suburbs like Cupertino, and a tiny enclave of NIMBYism and rich white people like Piedmont is buried in Oakland.

>Can you give me any specific information on how much I have to lower the action or is that just something that can't be generalized?
google "how to adjust action" or take it to guitar center (they might do it for free)

High action REDUCES fret buzz

It looks dirty and murky like seawater at dawn, or the water at the bottom of the tub. I like it. It's dark and moody looking without being as cliche and boring as plain black.

not if it's so high that you can't easily push down the frets

i like how you describe things
what do you think of this

Attached: RG421BBS-large.jpg (500x750, 36K)

back again with a noob question
should I just buy a single stand instead of assuming I’ll own more than 1 guitar at this point?
is any stand fine or do I need something special?

Get a PJ in cream.

P basses and Jazz basses are so dated

Holy shit that middle pic, that action is high as fuck

The only thing I could describe it as is diabolical.
I'm going to be real with you, I'm not a fan of this body. Crimson and pointiness are two things I hate on a guitar.

These shredder guitars with skinny horns or huge dramatic body scoops are ugly as fuck but if you ever actually play up there they are comfy as fuck.

It's not flashy, it's form over function. The only way you could get more form over function is by removing most of the body and playing a teardrop.

I like the 5 way blade on it, and that it has 24 frets, hard to find anything else in the price range with those specs. oh and the dual humbuckers. its the perfect guitar imo

Get a job, save up another $300, and get the schecter C-1.

which ones have the 5 way blade? cheapest one I see on sweetwater has a 3 way and is 500 dollars more

5 way blades are a gimmick for bored teenagers that would rather fuck around with electronics than set up their guitar and learn how to actually play it.

If you're that into it maybe you need the ultimate learner guitar.

Attached: fuck your other tones.jpg (454x604, 37K)

>not just the middle pickup

isn't it just convenient tho to have a switch instead of fucking with set ups or amp settings? I'm always down with more features if its available

You don't need settings on an amp other than a volume knob.

and gain?

You've had a while now, user. What's the punchline?

Nope.

fuck you mean nope

Gain is volume you fucking casualfag plebian

then why are they 2 separate nobs

Attached: 880.jpg (657x527, 36K)

The one labeled volume is an attenuator put between the pre and power amp sections for pussies who want to play metal but don't want to play FUCKIN SLAYEEEEEEEEEEER

why are you not playing guitars?

color me confused

Attached: emdd8h8otx831.jpg (854x900, 111K)

It's so you can get the preamp to distort (muh ebin metal chugs) without playing loud. Basically a feature for teenagers.

Real men only have one knob: volume. And it goes to 11.

hmmm i dont have an amp yet but okay. i thought volume was just loudness and gain was distortion basically

And my actual attenuator

this is a real man's amp

youtube.com/watch?v=6WmHO0p2YSc

Attached: god-knob.jpg (500x375, 56K)

>attenuator
>between preamp and power amp
Yikes

anyone here actually like pau ferro or just me?

>Yikes

Attached: nu.jpg (301x321, 29K)

pau ferro was nice until it became the "fender is too jewish to pay for rosewood but is still fine with using ebony" wood.

pau ferro on anything but a fender is fine.

The beginner amp I’m buying only lets you select one effect from each of
stompbox
modulation
delay
reverb
Is only one from each category going to present any issues? I don’t really know yet about effects or when I’d need more.

Also I won’t be able to change the signal chain and it’s stomp>mod>amp>delay>reverb

Looks good nigger. Would be even cooler in a matte finish.

anybody dipped their guitar in oil?

Not the orange combo pack guitar ones

Dear /GG/ fuck you. Also is /GG/ Allin based?

i dipped it in cum. your mums cums. mummy cummy.

>implying that isnt completely kino
what are you some sort of nigson fanboy or something?

What are some songs that are mostly non-guitar songs but have a great melody in them that would sound great on the guitar/as one of them instrumental guitar covers?
youtube.com/watch?v=32ScTb6_KHg

rude

Attached: 1562221160754.jpg (500x265, 19K)

I have to post kaka

how does a guitar dipped in semen sound?

Shows everything this general stands for

amazon.co.uk/Dunlop-Tortex-Standard-Guitar-Plectrums/dp/B0084PASP0/

Do I need the nylons in this as a beginner?

I suggest you get a pair of stockings, much better

This nigga is based af
youtu.be/S96obV7GvYY?t=1211

touch wah and pedal wah difference?

instaud.io/3X4m

lmao this is literally just a power amp with a direct input. you can get the same sound by plugging into the return of any Marshall with an effects loop

Do speed knobs fit on a jackson dinky

Attached: preview.jpg (1200x1200, 149K)

Can someone please red pill me on how reverb is supposed to acutally improve anything in metal and rocks leads? I mean either i use so little it makes no discernible difference or a i use so much that it just muddys it up. There doesnt seem to be a middle ground like in the riff for runnin with the devil (the only example i can think of right now where i think it sounds good)

You don't *need* to do it, but it has tends to have a sharper, more aggressive tone if you do. Plus, the technique is slightly different.
I myself have played without nails multiple times in public, and it was fine.
Also, this guy is correct.
In my opinion, many people are influenced on this matter by Segovia, who was strongly in favor of nails.
While he was undeniably extremely talented, and a central figure in the history of guitar music, that doesn't mean everything he said must be dogmatically accepted as true.

>Is this normal? Like, my index finger is sore as fuck.
Yes. Completely normal.
>Can I chalk part of this problem up to the bass (some Chinese hand-me-down that I'll replace when I get my next paycheck) or is it a symptom of my shitterhood?
Bass guitars are finicky. It's most likely your technique but it could be either or a mix of both.
>Maybe it's because I'm a 5'1" manlet?
Get a fractional size /short scale lenght bass guitar. A full size one is hopeless if you're 5'1".

tfw prs came stock with speed knobs and you needed to learn to slow down your swells

Attached: 1562866550396.png (1098x1080, 297K)

What makes them so speedy

they are not that smooth

Gibson les paul

Charvel or nah?

Why do speed knobs behave differently if the pot is the same

Sounds like you can't dial your own reverb settings buddy

play surf music

Loved the ones I tried, not many hardtails available in their lineup unfortunately

guys how do you not get sleapy all the time when practicing?

friend who's into Floyds swears by his DK24 pro mod over any high end ESP he's got

By not being a tired fatass

Have anyone tried treating guitar strings with these things that convert rust into a black coating

Attached: 20190716_124414.jpg (5312x2988, 3.2M)

Love the color. Do it.

Just got. Plays like butter.

Attached: 6C474CAD-4EEE-4E64-9FCB-84D8A432CC14.jpg (3024x4032, 3.23M)

Yeah but you can't use a bass guitar as lube for anal sex
Bass 1x2 butter

if you could recommend one all rounder guitar for gigging which could be used for stuff through from 60s classic rock, to punk, 21st century indie, and simple garage band covers of non-rock songs

(I know that the rest of my equipment is as/ more important)

Anything with 3 pickups

Huh, that's interesting. I've just cleaned my guitar yesterday and noticed a black coating coming away especially from my g string. Been absolutely ages since the strings were replaced and a while back I took it in store for a problem with fret buzz, they said they had done something else for durability for me.

Replace the missing string...
The tension of the strings balances the neck, the lack of tension from missing a bass string is probably throwing all kinds of things off.

mine has 2.

also anyone here had experience with teisco?

i'd fix the nut first if the neck weren't twisted

that's because Diego is alpha af.

>guitar review
>balding guy with sausage fingers
>fingerpicks dust in the wind
>plays random blues licks in no decipherable time signature
>puts the distortion all the way up and plays power chords

not super durable, but really neat looking
pickups can get a bit tinny

Good point. This user is smarter than me, try the nut first. Still replace that string though.

meant for

Sensual.

do you like pink guitars

Attached: IMG_9945.jpg (3000x2000, 3.11M)

ok cool thanks
also just came across the danelectro brand

my only worry sometimes is because of my spazziness with maintenance, having a really popular classical model by fender etc. puts my mind at ease in terms of finding resources. Then again, youtube is absolutely huge

if it was hot pink hell no, but that looks nice. genuinely never seen one that shade

No thats gay
Only pink i like is pussy and feminine dicks

**classic model

Welcome to /gg/.

>puts delay on for arena shred
I fucking hate boomers so much. How can you actually play shit like this.

>dicks (female)

baste and redpilled

Vapid question but wth - What do you guys think about pickups at an angle vs perfectly straight (aesthetically not functionally)

I want to snuggle up in that case like the midget from james bond

it's crazy how much views girls doing cover gain people are fucking horny man

Unironically a better review than a boomer in a beer t-shirt playing Don't Fear the Reaper
youtube.com/watch?v=509zu5VGh60

our generation is gargantuan

>wine
>amibos
I didn't know /gg/ had any women

that's just the nintendobois actually

Hss strat

Tryong to justify being a tranny sam?

Is that a baby romper? That's adorable.

what the fuck does this even mean? start bended and unbend to 5?

Attached: tabe.png (768x530, 7K)

It's an L6

Huh, I would have thought a Strat would be one of the worst options.

Gretsch of some sort would still be good for the range of stuff without the overbearing distinctiveness of a strat

yeah, if I didn't enjoy playing guitar simply because it's a great hobby I would be disheartened. the youtube crowd that watches that shit seems like young guys that barely play guitar. so if it's symptomatic of a huge community of casuals I say good, because some will move on to be a new generation of good guitar players.

who are you calling a tranny

Attached: 1551143508896.png (740x745, 679K)

It doesn't

Yes, just like SRV

Yes. one of unbending off the top of my head

youtube.com/watch?v=VWO3nEuWo4k

I don't think I have ever enjoyed the design of something Japanese. Not just in music.

Just watched a Marty Schwarz video. Sad to see how the life is all sucked out of that guy now

Shut up don't talk about Marty that way you pleb

Pre loaded pickguards are a thing and they make good rail buckers in single coil form.

Japanese cars makes your testosterone lower by 5% while you're driving them, it's a scientific fact

Jesus Christ that guy triggers me so hard.

reverb.com/uk/p/gibson-les-paul-special-double-cutaway-tv-yellow-1959?gclid=CjwKCAjw67XpBRBqEiwA5RCocaUQIyXfeYOm4sljgZZ7eJBnZbg2wlBSL4dGF3A39UQuj0ULL7ngMRoCp-MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&hfid=18244109

pure beauty. pity they're so costly even as 2000s models

Was looking at caparison until i saw it was bolt on and japanese.
Im thinking charvel now.
Also why is usa charvel so bland?

Daaaaammit

why are the most incompetent boomers always reviewing the guitars with the fewest videos?
youtube.com/watch?v=UTKq9zXE-Ec

I genuinely cannot think of a more manchildish musical instrument in existence. The fact some people actually consider this not just acceptable, but cool, is beyond me

Attached: flying v.jpg (1200x1200, 129K)

Yeah they could just get a Dean V instead.

You rang?

Attached: ABC204E6-5A20-44E4-BCF1-E1C9A1DE810E.jpg (400x312, 86K)

>practicing with electric guitar for 18 months or so
>Epiphone Les Paul Standard

I hate this guitar so much but it's the only thing my local mom'n'pop will rent out. I technically have rent-to-own credits and could get it for only $150 or so but I want to get something else. Any ideas? My budget is $1000.

This shop has a few prospects I tried out and like them all enough:

>Ibanez S something or other: like SS frets, wizard neck, slimline body; don't like it's the most expensive
>MIJ Fender Strat: like the feel of the guitar but sounds sterile/low quality pickups. Decent price.
>Godin Session: feels good, weight is nice, no real complaints desu other than the color is army green
>Epiphone SG: its the cheapest, and I like the feel of it. My biggest complaints on the LP is it's uncomfortable, this SG sounds similar but feels a lot nicer. But I wonder if made in china guitars are even made to last
>Charvel something or other; it's like a Strat but non-gloss finish, roasted neck. Like how it feels but it's pushing the price limit of $900.

Attached: 1559779346809.webm (1024x524, 1.71M)

Attached: 20190409_163717.jpg (1327x3676, 2.45M)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-16-13-47-22-1.png (1080x1080, 837K)

Why not just buy black strings?

I've never restrung my guitar before (new player) and the shop wanted $60 for it. I tried my hand at it and it sounds good. How does she look?

Attached: IMG_8415.jpg (3000x2000, 1.42M)

If you have split shafts, yes.

The goal is to not buy strings you fuckin retard

>Jcum

Attached: 1525351474456.png (1600x1200, 478K)

Thinking random shit is for manchildren is for manchildren who are desperate not to be manchildren

Men just think it's cool and enjoy it because their accomplishments speak for themselves. Unless it's ridiculous shit like anime, keep that in the closet/internet.

You need to buy new strings. Stop being a fucking mong

Jcum?

Are you retarded? Stfu and lurk moar retard
Also
>rent free

Im living rent free in newfags minds too it seems. Dont mind him trache. Also help me choose a superstrat. 24 frets with a floyd im l

Easy

Attached: md24fcbk.png (1800x625, 615K)

until you realize it's a logical improvement on guitar design

>body horns removed for better fret access
>headstock redesigned to improve tuning stability
>single body cutout allows steadying the guitar with your legs in the classical position and when playing sitting with a strap, the only two proper positions

the top 2 manchild guitars are the strat and les paul as the reasons people cite for wanting them are rather childish

>dude its so cool my favorite dude ever played one and he's my hero dude thats why its good
>uh, i mean, yeah, it's a classic, play anythin' else and ya look ridiculous kid

if you want a guitar because your rock music idol played one, that's being a manchild. signature gear is for manchildren. "i like this guy therefore i will copy him" - that's how children think and superhero costumes are marketed to children on this basis.

>only 24

You call those high notes?

Attached: ESP Horizon FR-27.jpg (2304x1536, 1.11M)

There are good points being made here.
What if you bought the signature guitar not because you really like the artist but because it is just a superior instrument?

> t. Bought a Les Paul because "it's iconic!" and have a JP Majesty coming

The les paul was at one point, a signature instrument that also had actual benefits over the competition. That's okay, it's why you buy it, not that you buy it, as long as there's a possible adult reason to buy it.

Today there are hundreds of other guitars with flatter fretboards and less pickup hum than a fender and there's no reason to buy a les paul unless you're being a fanboy - emphasis on the boy part.

You're a retarded tranny

You said this the other day. You're right, most of it is kneejerk. But flying V guitars simply cannot be played by someone above the mental/ emotional age of 13.

*improves further*

Leave the V in the 20th century

Attached: 91-1812-n11_2.jpg (683x1024, 314K)

Always acoustic or some weird incel metal

People buy what they want to. Different people like different things. Play what you like and let others play what they like. My point is, just shut up and play.

>the top 2 manchild guitars are the strat and les paul as the reasons people cite for wanting them are rather childish
1) a minority of (serious) players get them for that reason. It's mostly casuals and boomers
2) it's incredibly unlikely that many people buy flying Vs primarily for practicality. And the sad thing is, unlike your example, they are fully serious

Morning, it's morning everyone. Today's the day, the sun is shining the tank is clean...

Still it's time to grow up and sell the gibson. It's $2000 wall art, but instead of being a one of a kind painting like most $2000 wall art it's a mass produced guitar with a shitty finish. Take that money and put it in a retirement fund where it'll do you some good.

And do the same with all that dumb video game crap.

Now that is minimalism. Do you (or anyone else) actually own one of these? Curious as to how they play and sound.

From what you describe, Get the Charvel. It is every bit as good of a guitar as you want it to be, and you can afford it.
You will never regret getting it, and that’s all you want in a guitar.

nobody wants to own one because your choice is $3000 for an indonesian/chinese guitar for $4000 to import one of the japan custom shop ones

I support dean but idk about an indonesian one.
The caparison i was looking at had 27 frets. Too bad its a bolt on.

I mean I actually do play mine. I figure if I can play well, sound good and my notes are clear on a Les Paul then I'm golden for anything else.

Holy fuck they're seriously that expensive? I don't actually know what make and model that is, only ever seen it posted here. Makes sense it's Japanese though.

That’s ok. Most people never develop mentally past the age of 12 anyway.

Fucking kek. I am laughing so hard. Wtf.

youtube.com/watch?v=fJLLv_wJFwk

>not knowing about strandbergs

They're swedish, but they stopped making them in sweden because swedes a shit

this general fucking blows

>Complains about kaka on Brazilian cartoon garbage pool

blows cock

Get that charvel, homo. You don't want to be seen with a piece of shit les paul when you're not 60 years old.

Attached: erhr49ecz6tv19kdnh8m.jpg (800x600, 203K)

this is funny

>He didn't consider an ESP

clearly the band's timing was way off in the early days right. I feel this kid's frustration.

Just get a steinberger for 300 bucks

i wish it had pickguard. it looks bald without it

DEAN FENDER(including all subsidiaries) AND EBMM ARE THE ONLY GUITAR MANUFACTURERS YOU NEED TO KNOW. HONORABLE MENTION GOES TO TOKAI.

is that bluejem?

Fuck off dad, fender blows. Ibanez makes the best guitars.

Superstrats look best without pickguard though. Be glad that it's matte too. Too many plebs that want glossy shit.

What about Mayonnaise?

i still disagree. rg350 looks awesome

Unironically one of my favourite solos at the end of this. Simple enough my dumb ass could play it relatively early on but so fuckin groovy

youtube.com/watch?v=b_741PwcOhE

because you're douche

Lose weight son. And no slipknot is not cool.

One of my favorite smashin pumpkins songs.
Also i havent tried a mayones so i wont be unjust and say they suck.

>he doesn't play a glossy pointy neon memestrat
>laughing_elf.tiff
I wish I could swap the neck of mine with a DK2m maple neck

Attached: ovvran3vjbkqhxczm5zv.jpg (1600x1067, 101K)

I'm all muscle, dad. Cute boys don't like fatsos. And who the fuck is slipknot? I listen to polyphia.

That explains why you aren't married, son

No dad, it's legal now. I'm just saving myself for Mr. Right.

GnL Comanche is it worth getting?

Attached: pink.jpg (1920x1080, 1.63M)

Thoughts on Revstars and particularly the 720B with filtertrons and bigsby?

I still don’t understand why everyone is against FR for beginners. Even if you are experienced and have never touched a FR, it’s going to be something new to learn because you’ve never used it.

So over the last 2 weeks I've started playing again for the first time in about 8 years. I've been enjoying it but I'm starting to run into some frustrations that caused me to stop playing.

Long story short I had a minor accident that has casued the top part of my pinky to stick out at a slightly different angle than it should. I can't get it really close to ring finger and I really struggled with playing basic chords if they require my pinky and playing chords lower of the fretboard where things are tighter.

I feel like long term it's going to limit me and I'll never be able get back to where I was pre injury like this. Should I just restring my guitars backwards and learn to play lefty?

Has anyone had to alter the way they play because of a problem with their hands?

Attached: 1502399096104.jpg (999x990, 67K)

only reddit is against recomending FR to begginers, these guys are way too condescending.

That guitar in orange is basically the perfect guitar, I'll be getting it soon.

Im pro fr. My first guitar was fr. Now i want to get my third fr guitar.

Attached: 20181225_150752.jpg (4160x3120, 3.19M)

You're replying to Sammy, who legitimately struggles to afford new strings.

build a fr tele, that will show trache our way.

are they really difficult?
im trying to decide between a mim fender trem or charvel fr right now

Attached: 4B9E5092-3AA5-4225-9F04-87072FA71605.jpg (1200x1200, 132K)

“Ah, yes, thank you for your lovely demo of your gained to hell, delay saturated, amp modeling software which also happens to include the pedal I actually want to hear. I really have a grasp of what this pedal sounds like now!”

Just plug into an amp with the pedal in the chain, give a clean signal example, play, and turn the knobs around. It’s not hard.

No they are not bedy difficult. Its just exaggerated by retards. Ill give you a master tip. If youre tuning to e standard and as you tune the bridge lifts tighten the screws holding your springs. If it keeps lowering itself and raising tension loosen the springs. When you loosen them use a good grip and only use 1/4 turns. Keep in mind its very easy to strip those screw holes. It sounds like alot but its not. Once mastered it can do what any trem can do but more and it holds perfect tuning