What's your thoughts on Max Martin, the most influential songwriter of the last 3 decades?

What's your thoughts on Max Martin, the most influential songwriter of the last 3 decades?

Attached: Max_Martin.jpg (861x1149, 663K)

Not a hack.

Literally who
>check his Wikipedia
Holy fuck

Genius. Probably gets mad Swedish puss.

Is he jewish? He must be.

I bet he ejaculated in Taylor Swift's pussy, on Katy Perry's boobs, in Ariana Grande's mouth and in Justin Bieber's anus

Why would he be?

Even if you hate the songs he produced youtube the instrumental versions and you can easily appreciate the production. His groove writing rules.

Zero artistry or self-expression in what he does. It's pure maths. He's very good at his job.

is john mayer the only other one whose cum all those places?

He’s probably a genius. Reading his list of credits blows my fucking mind.

I don't think Mayer ever dated Ariana.

>Zero artistry or self-expression in what he does. It's pure maths.
If that were true anyone could do it.

Could "anyone" come up with the Theory of Relativity too? Like I said, it's science, not art.

>genius
>big nose
>kinda italian
>right wing

>Could "anyone" come up with the Theory of Relativity too?
No, but anyone could apply it.

I'm sure his method is consistent. It probably just comes naturally to him. But he's not an artist. He's a scientist.

>not art
>Zero artistry or self-expression
How so?

It's the only way he can write for so many different people, his fingerprints are invisible. He's a chameleon. You might think I'm undercutting the value in what he does but it's quite the opposite. Nobody can do what he does.

>I'm sure his method is consistent.
Then anyone should be able to apply it.
>But he's not an artist. He's a scientist.
You still haven't proven this.

>Then anyone should be able to apply it.
Not at all. As I said, it's clearly innate to him. Music isn't an explicit math equation, its a subconscious one.

>It's the only way he can write for so many different people, his fingerprints are invisible. He's a chameleon.
I can tell when a song on the radio is written by Max Martin like 80% of the time.

>It's the only way he can write
How do you know?
>his fingerprints are invisible. He's a chameleon
So, he would be a very talented songwriter to do that.

>Music isn't an explicit math equation, its a subconscious one.
Then no musician is an artist and they're all just ignorant scientists. Your analogy is shit. All music is art.

Martin is such a celebrity now his writing roles are well-known ahead of time. There's no way you can't know already.

So then he's hardly a chameleon.

Not if you don't research it

>How do you know?
His body of work is self-evident to the point I was making. I'm surmising from his footprint, not examining his actual method, which I, like you, am not privy to. You're being obtuse.
>So, he would be a very talented songwriter to do that.
Which I have not ever denied. You don't understand my point and are reading it as a disqualification of his talents. It's merely a characterization of them.

>There's no way you can't know already.
Yes there is what the fuck are you talking about. I don't follow pop news or know who he's working with at all times.

Yeah, you do. The only people who are even aware of him do. The fact that you're having this conversation at all is proof that you do.

>His body of work is self-evident to the point I was making
But you haven't heard *everything* he's ever written. You've only heard radio hits by other artists. Hence, you don't know it's his *only* way to write
>I'm surmising
Found your error
>Which I have not ever denied
But you just said
>not art
>Zero artistry or self-expression

Which is it? make up your mind.

No, I have no idea what songs on the top 40 right now are written by him. I barely even know what songs are on the top 40 in the first place. You're retarded. I only know what songs are written by him after I've googled that song. Before then I can guess with high certainty.

It not containing any semblance of self or identity in the emotional character of the work, which Martin's works never do, which is why he can work for so many different artists, more than any in history, does not make him not a "songwriter". That word never entered the lexicon of this discussion until you put it there and accused me of denying his status as one. Which I never did.

Martin is an utterly singular figure in the history of popular music and his status warrants a similarly unique classification, which I have given him. You haven't grasped this at all and don't understand the terms in which I'm discussing the man.

>Found your error
In discussing the process of a songwriter whose working process is entirely secretive? Not an error at all. The only available option.

>whose working process is entirely secretive?
and yet you claim to know that he writes with some mathematical system and not with any artstry

I have no reason to believe you. You're making convenient assertions to anecdotal evidence that is of no value here.

>You're making convenient assertions to anecdotal evidence
And you're making assertions to no evidence at all.

>It not containing any semblance of self or identity in the emotional character of the work, which Martin's works never do
How so? You can't seem to explain this. Try again.
>does not make him not a "songwriter".
Well, he writes songs, so he is indeed a songwriter. Are you retarded?
>That word never entered the lexicon of this discussion until you put it there and accused me of denying his status as one. Which I never did.
Songwriters are artists. So thus, if he is one, he must be the other.
>Martin is an utterly singular figure in the history of popular music and his status warrants a similarly unique classification,
If you believe this, then you need to research music history. (see: The Brill Building)
>In discussing the process of a songwriter whose working process is entirely secretive?
What do you mean secretive?

How many songs have you written? It's really no secret.

he's the best in the world at what he does. he has a lot of money. he doesn't need anonymous praise on a right wing message board

Yea Forums is predominantly left wing sweatie

no

lol yes
stick around for longer than summer

good one but saying anything even moderately left wing on this site will inspire multiple replies calling you a tranny cuck

maybe on Yea Forums
the whole tranny shit is a forced meme which started sometime back in february this year
there's been some spillage over to Yea Forums but for the most part this board is still clear of /pol/'s infestation

>but for the most part this board is still clear of /pol/'s infestation
no

Literally who?

max martin