Loudest band you've ever seen live

hey Yea Forums what's the loudest band you've ever seen and were they worth losing your hearing for?

Attached: disasterarea4f.png (376x282, 96K)

Death Grips

for me it was Jucifer

Attached: Jucifer-0046.jpg (1000x667, 134K)

Sunn O)))

The stage was short enough so that my balls got exposed to the soundwaves from the stage, stood upfront. Didn't lose my hearing (had earplugs) but had trouble walking with the pain in my balls for a while after the performance.
It was worth it though.

Attached: Sunn-O.jpg (635x340, 33K)

Mogwai, so many people left because they forgot their hearing protection

Probably Death From Above 1979
And fuck yea it was worth it

Swans were so loud that you could feel every drum beat, every bass note slam into you. The volume was mind numbing. If you tried to take off your earplugs you’d be greeted with a deafening amount of sound reverberating throughout the venue. Fucking amazing show.

Earthless. saw them in a small club and they were so loud that my ears were ringing afterwards and I had earplugs on. Not sure I want to experience that again.

Attached: Earthless-Black-Heaven-CD-with-Autographed-Booklet-2313964_1024x1024.jpg (700x1000, 124K)

I worked at a concert venue for a while and any rock band always bumped into the limiters on the mixing desk. No loud band was really louder than any other.

Swans. I feel retarded for not bringing ear plugs

Rosetta. When i saw them play, it was in a really small bar and they seemed to play as loud as they could. I stuffed napkins in my ears because it was so loud. It was the first concert that I ever tried to protect my hearing.

this
bass is fucking HEAVY

METZ, saw them last year at Leeds festival of all places even in an open tent it was loud as fuck
didn't bring hearing protection too because I didn't want to look like a mouth breather

have fun with hearing damage gay retards

what's a heavy mogwai album?

Same, when I saw Swans I could literally feel my ribcage vibrating with the bass. I had ear protection and my ears were still ringing for an hour after the show.

Saw Swans, Boris and Sunn O))) live. Sunn were the loudest of them for sure. Boris were loud but not really painfully loud. Swans were in between those two.

man, how do their balls not hurt, they're standing right in front of the amps in your pic

I went to some black metal show in Stockholm, I didn't bring earplugs so I had to put on my earbuds for protection because holy shit

This by FAR

Doesn't Sunn O))) play at low frequencies though ?

Haven't seen any of those but I heard MBV, Swans, Boris, Mogwai and Dino Jr are loud as fuck

out of all the concerts I have been too, death grips is the one that gave me hearing damage

inter arma sounded loud as fuck when i saw them opening for deafheaven
cloud nothings probably did the most damage to my ears though it didnt feel like they were that loud when they were playing

Boris, Sunn O))) and Swans were pretty loud. The latter also ended up being pretty fucking boring towards the end. +2h shows are never a good idea.

Dragged into Sunlight and Primitive Man

MBV, still uncomfortably loud with earplugs.

MBV was so loud that the bars at the front of the stage were rattling as I gripped it. I had the earplugs and everything sounded great and I didn't feel too much damage done.
Dinosaur Jr. we're a little less loud than MBV, but not quite as extreme.
Yo La Tengo didn't seem as loud as MBV but it felt like that concert did more damage, possibly due to the frequencies played.
Just get a good pair of earplugs and even the loudest shows will be fine.

Yeah, that's why It's a vibrating effect listening to them live. Very "droney" and almost nauseating, but a really heavy experience

They were incredible live, I saw them at a small venue too (felt bad because there was almost no one there) and they were so loud I could barely even tell which songs they were playing, it was just a wash of sludgy noise even with earplugs.

Death Grips were loud because you can tell they just cranked everything to 10 with no regard for the mix. When the guitar riff on Spread Eagle played I remember feeling sick to my stomach.

There was a similar issue with BTBAM when one guitar was incredibly shrill for some reason, even though Dusty kept gesturing to the sound guy. Only my right ear was ringing after that one. I've seen them twice since and they've sounded fine.

Definitely the loudest. I had secured a decent spot when I saw them by sitting through an earlier band before the place was packed tight. Then I realized I forgot earplugs but knew I'd lose my spot so I stayed there. A total stranger tapped me on the shoulder and gave me some spare earplugs when he saw I had my fingers in my ears.

Jealous >:[

Probably HEALTH back in 2015. I've seen Swans three times and I only remember them being really fucking loud the second time though the other two times they were playing in pretty shit venues.

> +2h shows are never a good idea

Neurosis used to play for two hours without a break or any between song banter. The songs were bridged together by sound effects, feedback and the visuals projected behind them. Not boring at all. Not as loud as I expected either.

Room runner and dope body. had tinnitus for a couple days afterward

Yeah saw them without ear plugs, couldn’t hear clearly for hours after the show

Motörhead, front row in front of the bass amp lost one earplug was deaf in that ear for 4 days when my hearing suddenly came back

Why is it "loudest band you've ever seen" and not "loudest band you've ever heard"?

Attached: a65f8399c7a9443db665086a8413557b152028ca9253fc094dd6962cd640710f.jpg (625x471, 73K)

>you can tell they just cranked everything to 10 with no regard for the mix.
>t. college dropout who took audio production in high school

i saw sleep about a year ago. i was right next to the stage. getting blasted by matt pikes fuckin wall of orange amps blew my mind and my ear drums. it took about 2 days for my hearing to get fully back to normal

Killing Joke, followed closely by Hüsker Dü

foo fighters

its a turn of phrase you fucking pedant. she's seeing him. he's seeing her. he's seeing a stand up gig. they're seeing a band live. you see and hear unless you are blind, cunt