Anything like the first 30 seconds of Little Fury Things?

Anything like the first 30 seconds of Little Fury Things?

Attached: Dinosaur_Jr._You're_Living_All_Over_Me.jpg (300x300, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IN7wcRMDWko
youtube.com/watch?v=12xOx4wDBpg
youtube.com/watch?v=In9yq3oNqCg
youtube.com/watch?v=3ycPKfwLqh0
youtube.com/watch?v=0tO6l4Timdg
youtube.com/watch?v=pXkwKoR-RVo
youtube.com/watch?v=ztKNzjgshfY
youtube.com/watch?v=CsBcTk1zg8w
youtube.com/watch?v=rsza2mp5bmU
youtube.com/watch?v=IYu6JOxfDa4
youtu.be/ezpuogyNf9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like the whole album

Mercury Rev - Yrself Is Steam

Hüsker dü - Zen Arcade

Wipers
Mission Of Burma

Bump

I do too, but nothing is as great as the first minute of the album, for me anyways

>Hüsker dü - Zen Arcade
Yeah, I'd agree, but the production just too thin
I checked out Zen Arcade, New Day Rising, Metal Circus and Flip your Wig, and none really are what I'm looking for
I'll check Yrself Is Steam though, thanks a lot

Other than Youth of America, what is worth checking out from Wipers? I find that album kinda dodgy, great songs (No Fair, Title Track), but the rest is just average, I find
Burma doesn't really sound like Dinosaur Jr. tho lol, its more like Wire

and based

The rest of the song

eh i was racking my brain tryna find something like little fury things but its honestly pretty unique. Wipers first three, Is This Real, YOA and Over The Edge are solid imo, def a little filler on each tho. What made me suggest Burma is knowing what an influence they were on Dino Jr. But yeah you're right they are a bit more post punk

2 really good reccs for bands similar to early Dino jr is Gobblehoof and Caustic Resin. Check em out Mascis had something to do with both of em from memory, produced one and drummed on one, they only had one or two albums but highly recommended

youtube.com/watch?v=IN7wcRMDWko

youtube.com/watch?v=12xOx4wDBpg

Thanks a lot
I'll make sure to check out Is This Real and Over The Edge then
On first listen the Gobblehoof song did not interest me unfortunately, although the Caustic Resin seems interesting, how it kinda sounds like stoner metal + psych rock or smth, I'll check them out, thanks

>Mercury Rev - Yrself Is Steam
very based

yeah some good suggestions already like mercury rev. the guitar tone is what really makes that first 30 seconds so special and i can't think of other songs that feature it. most bands would mix that guitar way lower which would take away the orgasmic effect. it's acid-rock but it's way noisier/heavier than any of the acid-rock classics. it's really distorted and the riff makes it sound even more distorted. these aren't too similar but they're what i thought of:
youtube.com/watch?v=In9yq3oNqCg
(the most similar)
youtube.com/watch?v=3ycPKfwLqh0
(last minute)
youtube.com/watch?v=0tO6l4Timdg
(last minute)

people always say to me "accelerator is retarded". they never ask "why do you like accelerator, retard?"

youtube.com/watch?v=pXkwKoR-RVo

Based Ride poster
Nowhere is amazing and all, but Seagull is kinda upbeat compared to that song in OP
Samething with those Accelerator cuts
Tho if you also suggest mercury rev, then I'll definitely check it out some time soon

I think you just struck gold
Thank you

oh man if you haven't gotten into mercury rev then forget everything else and only remember "yerself is steam" and "boces". will be so up your alley in terms of not being too upbeat

youtube.com/watch?v=ztKNzjgshfY

The Goslings

ok will do
thx user
no lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=CsBcTk1zg8w

i'm 16y old zoomer, this album got me into 80s rock and most importantly noise rock, thank you dinosaur jr

cool listen to twin infinitives now

>Yrself is Steam
This and Boces

Probably everything they did.

Noisy? Drive like jehu

>Mercury Rev - Yrself Is Steam
Came here to post this
Also Boris-Pink

A lot of good suggestions have already been posted and you've probably already heard it but My Bloody Valentine's You Made Me Realize EP reminds me a lot of the sound of Little Fury Things, particularly the end of Drive It All Over Me.

youtube.com/watch?v=rsza2mp5bmU

The first three Wipers albums are all untouchable. You might just have bad taste. :/

Dont sleep on Land of the Lost and The Circle by Wipers

Seconded.

I don't disagree when it comes to YoA, the best songs really are untouchable, I just havent heard the others lol
>Boris-Pink
Idk I find it underwhelming. Farewell is fucking outstanding tho
How do Feedbacker and Akuma no Uta fare against it

youtube.com/watch?v=IYu6JOxfDa4

Attached: 19785655776.jpg (700x700, 93K)

Ovlov's whole career is basically Little Fury Things stretched over two albums.

youtu.be/ezpuogyNf9w
?

Damn, I think you nailed it. Thanks for the rec.