Peak black metal right here

Peak black metal right here.

Attached: R-382328-1358542558-7316.jpeg.jpg (596x596, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E8It71KK4Z4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A Blaze is better

But that's not Absurd's Facta Loquuntur

Not even the best Mayhem album.

Attached: file.png (454x454, 208K)

That's not Sunbather

do not respond to the bait above my post

might be very significant for the development of black metal, but i still think it's average musically.

The actual summit.

Attached: burzumhvis.jpg (1470x1470, 637K)

This is the best black metal album ever made.

Would anyone actually like Mayhem if it wasn't for all their edgelord hijinks?

I acknowledge their influence on the genre but they suck ass

filosofem is better

>youtube.com/watch?v=E8It71KK4Z4

this is the best album of the last years

>filosofem is better
false
>this is the best album of the last years
false

>false
false
>false
false

Black metal peaked around 2011 with the new wave of experimentalism.
Only tourists and snownigger larpers will disagree.

Attached: 3958922.jpg (600x600, 54K)

Science generally accepts that Filosofem is the absolute peak summit of black metal. Evident also by the fact that it is the most accessible. It's as good as black metal gets.

You can deny it all you want, it's objectively true. Just admit it, you won't be any more or less trve. I hate Varg to no end, but I still accept this fact. Yes, it has millions of YT views, yes, everyone loves it, yes, it's insanely popular for a black metal album, I understand you want to deny it with every atom of your physical existence. But it's just true.

Attached: 1562960323378.jpg (1190x596, 273K)

You're absolutely right
Regardless of its popularity, DMDS is the best black metal album of all time (that's part of the reason for its popularity to begin with)

>accessibility is the hallmark of quality black metal

Attached: laughingelfman.jpg (256x351, 37K)

Attached: R-1142686-1402165541-7046.jpeg.jpg (600x630, 39K)

That's not what I said. But it can be one of them

Filosofem was recorded in 1993, and even if it was recorded and released in 2019, it would be peak black metal sound. DMDS was recorded in 1992 and it sounds just stale and old. Kinda wish I would have been old enough in 1996 to listen to Filosofem when it was released, shit must have been groundbreaking.

>>this is the best album of the last years
>false
yeah i guess it's a question of personal preference, but what's the best bm album of the last years in your opinion?

Primal Incinerators of Moral Matrix

long titles used to be cool and aesthetic but that's just silly, look at that tracklist

pretty good though

Very generic sound tbqhfamalamafampam

not even the best 2nd wave album

Attached: Ulver_nattens[1].jpg (323x308, 30K)

meme choices.

Good choices in this thread, but my pick is this.

Attached: cover13325315414f6cd1552676b.jpg (1440x1440, 645K)

This thread smells like shit tier opinions.

Attached: 113860015.jpg (348x352, 37K)

/thread

Buried By Time And Dust and Freezing Moon are better than anything off Filosofem.

No.

Such a shame they stopped playing black metal.

I like them better now

Correct. Last good release before "lofi" meme production ruined the genre.

Debatable. Even in that time period, Darkthrone was putting out better material. And who can ignore Burzum and Emperor?

This is 100% correct.

>Emperor
Overproduced garbage for non-metal fans.

OP here, meant to post this

Attached: Teitanblood[1].jpg (700x700, 144K)

Attached: 53421231.jpg (1000x1000, 275K)

Here is the peak of black metal, second is of course Burzum's debut

Attached: folder.jpg (1400x1400, 274K)

either this or anthems to the welkin at dusk

Attached: VARGGG.jpg (480x517, 23K)

Tourists need to be kicked in the spine with soccer cleats by a big badass hetero white male like me

Attached: sar.jpg (450x445, 43K)

Black metal is inherently for non-metal fans you retard.

anyone dungeon synth here? Currently listening to this

Attached: a3078843403_10.jpg (1200x1200, 476K)

based

Attached: AC18EBBA-CD0F-43A5-B552-001A97D9646F.jpg (316x316, 17K)

Dont like the vocals
And yes i like other black metal vocals

*blocks ur path*

Attached: dso-fas.jpg (700x700, 74K)

It wasn't

what is this

That's death metal though?

yes, daddy

their best album was kveldssanger

fight me.

Not even peak Xasthur
Screaming at Forgotten Fears it top 5 bm songs though.

Attached: xasther tele.jpg (400x400, 31K)

eww

Attached: Venom_Welcome.jpg (240x240, 18K)

any black metal album like nahvalr?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

huh

Thank you good sir

Last time I listened to it I remember hearing a lot of nursery rhyme type of melodies. Couldn't take it seriously. Nattens Madrigal and Teachings in Silence are their only releases I like.

Absolutely love dungeon synth. It's exciting how alive the scene is. I prefer the more mystical releases to the dark ambient and epic ones with exception of depressive silence ll.

Attached: a2083099618_16.jpg (700x700, 124K)

How do you keep track of the scene? Do you listen to random stuff on Bandcamp or are there blog or forums you would recommend?

I listen to pretty much every bandcamp release and lurk the proboard forums once a week because it's so slow. There's also a cool dungeon synth podcast by midnight ambience. He had some pretty big names on there like Mortiis. I also read every interview I can find and write my own stuff. Absolutely love this genre. If you want to weed out releases, the best way is judging by the cover in my opinion. I mostly avoid dark ambient releases and digital only releases that cost money although I will give everything I find at least one listen. After some time you'll know which people to follow and which aliases they have even if they don't state it. The biggest active ds channel on youtube is dungeon synth archives, conocimiento oculto zine also has a good choice and is a recent small channel, heidnir dungeon synth promotion isn't being run anymore. There's also some ds focused labels to keep an eye on such as hdk for chiptune stuff, ancient meadow etc. Labels usually select for certain subgenres or styles and make sure there's a certain amount of quality to it.

Attached: a0954290555_10.jpg (1200x1200, 349K)

No, it peaked in 2013.

Attached: Insularum.jpg (1200x1200, 346K)

right?! i mean, like racist and sexist much?? how could anyone like such a toxic and problematic band like DSO...

Burzum is peak black metal and no matter how many normies in Burzum t-shirts you post, it will never make it not true

I think you'd have to at least know a little bit about metal to enjoy Emperor. If I was easing someone into harsher faster music I'd start with like folk or power metal.