Will there ever be a better era of music than the 80's hard rock scene?

Will there ever be a better era of music than the 80's hard rock scene?

Attached: 0cd1445311bada464157d067dd0fa2c8.jpg (736x471, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xujYZsuf-S0
youtube.com/watch?v=cQbOA3r0Hgc
youtube.com/watch?v=USriZAMR2nA
youtube.com/watch?v=VdaKwt5cHEk
youtube.com/watch?v=DelhLppPSxY
youtube.com/watch?v=qLYoJgbybes
youtube.com/watch?v=HCBPmxiVMKk
youtube.com/watch?v=X4jmOPivM7U
youtube.com/watch?v=DmeUuoxyt_E
youtube.com/watch?v=JiDnB-CrrNs
youtube.com/watch?v=8we6Cv_9AyI
bigbasstabs.com/kiss_bass_tabs/detroit_rock_city_bass_tab.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes
almost all of them

Nope none of them

Attached: 97cec06fe730bafd6b7627c060de7179.jpg (736x1015, 213K)

70's was pretty good too. 70s-80s were a great time for hard rock music, the American dream was alive and obtainable if you were an artist and the if you were a fan you would have had the time of your life going to amazing concerts for cheap, hanging out with like minded people, and partying, it was the last times America was great for music.

Last time there was a general feel that life was good.

Attached: tumblr_nbhkjqYEoB1tvuzqno1_1280.jpg (1280x1877, 873K)

Glam Metal revivalists and related music:
youtube.com/watch?v=xujYZsuf-S0
youtube.com/watch?v=cQbOA3r0Hgc
youtube.com/watch?v=USriZAMR2nA
youtube.com/watch?v=VdaKwt5cHEk
youtube.com/watch?v=DelhLppPSxY
youtube.com/watch?v=qLYoJgbybes
youtube.com/watch?v=HCBPmxiVMKk
youtube.com/watch?v=X4jmOPivM7U
youtube.com/watch?v=DmeUuoxyt_E
youtube.com/watch?v=JiDnB-CrrNs

I'll be honest, I don't know what you see in this shit, but it does all the same stuff the bands you like do.

Naw the new glam stuff lacks the soul of the 80s stuff user

Attached: 2705d86b2e15ceeddac74d8e52a66b94.jpg (577x800, 113K)

Santa Cruz is literally the only relevant band to the topic being discussed you linked in any way shape or form and they're kinda lame and have taken to mixing it up with modern influences in hopes for more fame more so than other "glam metal revival" bands like Crashdiet and Crazy Lixx who pretty much stay true to what they were trying to do

Attached: Crazy-Lixx.jpg (600x349, 54K)

Nah, it's just that without the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia, you can see how awful this kind of music really is.

No, you posted a bunch of metalcore and post grunge music....

Nothing to do with 80's hard rock and glam metal, which you would know had you any knowledge of the era. You must be a female because you judge music with your eyes, not your ears.

Ever listened to the Sea Hags album while getting a blowjob on the beach at midnight?

You don't know what authentic means

Attached: 2dde33b3a13cb8b9b58682556e67ca3f.jpg (500x750, 73K)

Literally the opposite of the truth. The only difference is the clothes, musically all this shit's practically indistinguishable, with a few minor differences. It's always interesting how misogynistic and homophobic people like you are. Please, tell me how red pilled and alpha you are.

I'm sure they make Hüsker Dü sound cold and calculated.

I don't want to know if you are lonely user

Attached: strange-angel-series-bella-heathcote-image-3.jpg (1124x800, 404K)

great song
that actress was good in Man in the High Castle

It is a great song even if Husker Du isn't really my cup of tea.

Bella Heathcote is smoking

Attached: strange-angel-series-jack-reynor-bella-heathcote-image-1 (1).jpg (1114x790, 655K)

>Literally the opposite of the truth. The only difference is the clothes, musically all this shit's practically indistinguishable, with a few minor differences. It's always interesting how misogynistic and homophobic people like you are. Please, tell me how red pilled and alpha you are.

Wow, imagine thinking this. You really don't know anything about music do you?

HAY GUYS, ACTUALLY, DEPECHE MODE AND KORN ARE THE SAME GENRE....this is what you sound like. ACTUALLY GUYS, MARILYN MANSON AND KISS ARE THE SAME KIND OF MUSIC. This is what you sound like.

Sebastian Bach, Steven Tyler, and Will Forte playing MacGruber? I'm not big on proto-buttrock, who are these dudes?

>MARILYN MANSON AND KISS ARE THE SAME KIND OF MUSIC
That's kind of right. Manson is a better shock rocker and has better musicians than anyone in KISS though

Yeah: literally every other 80s music scene.

Steven Tyler Warrant and Ted Poley of Danger Danger

Attached: 6ea69e870686dc46ff5872abe0935387.jpg (640x771, 76K)

>Manson is a better shock rocker and has better musicians than anyone in KISS though
Ehhhhhhhhhh....hard disagree, kind of. KISS was more shocking than Manson was when they first came out, because we had seen everything Manson had done by that time, KISS was taking things to a new level, though they were never as contextually "shocking" as Manson since they didn't really say much outside of the usual rock subject matter while Manson tried to be an edgelord, but I will say Gene was nastier and more demonic stage presence wise than Manson ever was. Gene really kind of personified a monster while Manson took more the Alice route of using props, like ripping up bibles.
>Better musicians
John 5 is definitely a better musician than anyone who's ever been in KISS, but his talents were never displayed in Manson's music which is basic 90s/00s industrial buttrock, while KISS weren't virtuosos in any way were all competent in their respective primes at singing and/or playing, Peter Criss being the weakest link at playing but probably the best at singing. Manson has never been a "singer" let alone a good one, and his music has never allowed for any display of talent because it's always been very pop formatted, get to the hooks and choruses fast, no solos, nothing more than power chords, etc. John 5 is also a huge KISS worshipper, so just putting that out there.

Attached: gene_gif.gif (300x240, 2.47M)

>John 5 is definitely a better musician than anyone who's ever been in KISS
His bluegrass stuff is the only thing that ever impressed me, his riffs are boring as shit and general metal shredding is pretty standard, from a metal shredder guitarist only I would think Vinnie Vincent could give him a run. I prefer Ace as a guitarist in general, and I think his creativity makes up for any technical prowess so I would consider him to be a better musician.

I wanted to be civil with my reply/counterargument but I seriously can't deal with KISS fanboys

Attached: 7ffc41b8b55e7a7b3eda804ca1810409.jpg (543x720, 157K)

Attached: il_794xN.1413107101_nsib.jpg (794x1059, 200K)

I mean I owned every Manson album physically up until after Golden Age at which point I stopped, and at which point I think most people would agree ends the "important" era of Manson, how many KISS albums have you owned? I feel like I can speak from a fair position of knowledge on both.

fpbp

?

>metal hock

>while KISS weren't virtuosos in any way were all competent in their respective primes at singing and/or playing

youtube.com/watch?v=8we6Cv_9AyI

Gene is actually underrated as a bassist, at least in the 70s when he actually gave a fuck. Being able to play without looking at the fretboard is not something everyone can do.

I'll grant you the 80s guys could actually play while most of that shitty 2000s buttrock was just power chords with no solos or riffs.

But that ain't even true. Lots of the nu metal and pop punk guys could very well play, but the format obliged them to not do it, at least not in the studio but live footage shows that many of them are solid musicians. The Korn guys all grew up with 80s metal so you bet they know how to shred. And even Billie Joe Armstrong and Rivers Cuomo can let it rip, but they don't do it on the albums because it's not part of the sound they're going for.

>Manson has never been a "singer" let alone a good one, and his music has never allowed for any display of talent because it's always been very pop formatted, get to the hooks and choruses fast, no solos, nothing more than power chords, et
Of course, it's exactly like his hero Alice Cooper who also had really simple pop rock with no virtuosity.

I seriously can't believe there are people shitting on Alice Cooper in a thread praising KISS. Kissfags are way too far gone

>Manson has never been a "singer" let alone a good one
TRENT HAD TO STRING TOGETHER THE VOCALS ON ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR FROM ABOUT 50 DIFFERENT TAKES BECAUSE MANSON'S VOICE IS THAT SHITTY

Strange, other than Gene (because he stopped caring) the 80s lineups of KISS were much better musicians than the classic 70s lineup.

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: 4-Way Street [Atlantic, 1971]
Was it only two years ago that the formation of Crosby, Stills & Nash brought gladness to the hearts of rock and rollers who remembered that they loved tight songs rather than endless jams and believed that an ex-Hollie's pop sense would temper Byrds/Springfield folk-rock? Who would have figured that none of them would remember that rock and roll is also supposed to be funky--and fast. And that the best stuff on their live album would be the jams, dominated by the new guy, who would also write their tightest songs? And for that matter that a singalong of dig-its and right-ons by the man who wrote "For What It's Worth" and a goody-goody song about Chicago by the ex-Hollie would sound like political high points? B-

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 18K)

>oh boo boo they pwayed a guitar sowo boo hoo hoo
Fuck this faggot. Dude has never played an instrument in his life and he can't process anything but some ultra-simple pop ditty that his tiny brain can easily pick up. What he doesn't actually say, but you know is true, is that what he's really looking for in his rock and roll is beat poetry where the guitar is just a backing for the words.

Yes, Gene is actually a good bass player which is why I said they were all competent in their primes. He's a good singer too with a unique voice, Gene likes to downplay the fact that he's a musician because he seems to hate the stereotype of musicians, but he's a music lover and a good musician at heart. Bizarre guy.

Well, it all depends on how you look at things....Ace was no shredder but he was a 70's guitarist, he had his own flair and style, he was probably less technically proficient than any of the guys they had in the 80's especially Vinnie, but his solos were way more memorable and had more personality. Peter was an oddball cause he was so old compared to the rest of the guys, he wasn't into the hard rock shit and played a different drum style compared to other 70's hard rock bands....which ultimately gives the 70's KISS stuff a lot of character, Eric Carr was a real hard rock/heavy metal drummer though

Attached: eric_carr.jpg (856x1145, 173K)

This is sloppy as fuck. And you can't tell me this shit isn't easy as fuck to play even without looking at the frets

bigbasstabs.com/kiss_bass_tabs/detroit_rock_city_bass_tab.html

What made Gene a good bass player wasn't that he was a technical genius, nobody in KISS was...that much should be obvious. But rather his style, if you're familiar with all the 70's KISS albums and songs you know he had a strong presence on them with his bass, he played against the guitar as opposed to following it, and had a lot of great bass grooves back in the day. In standard hard rock, bass is usually the last thing you pay attention to, not the case in classic KISS, Gene was always playing some cool grooves.

And being able to play without looking at the fretboard. I've never even seen Flea do that.

>In standard hard rock, bass is usually the last thing you pay attention to
I suppose in the 70s it was more common, by the 80s the standard trend in hard rock was to just play root notes and everything was stacked in the high end. One reason 70s rock usually sounds better.

I should add Paul's singing and rhythm guitar got better in the 80s. Gene did regress because he lost interest when they took off the makeup--he didn't play anything but root notes and in the studio didn't play at all except on his own songs. Bass on all other tracks was Paul or Bruce Kulick or whatever session musician was available that day.

Gene also stopped doing the growly voice live, although that was probably to go easy on his throat. You see what a shambles Paul is nowadays from the vocal acrobatics he got into in the unmasked era like the Heaven's On Fire intro on top of his loud harangues to the crowd between sets.

It was a great time

>good 80s rock scene
>not saying the punk, traditional metal or synthrock scenes instead

no, unfortunately.

lol what a faggot

KISS is awesome

Attached: 8495bc1f334c29629ecfdcce819fe146.jpg (736x1087, 126K)

There are a few great bands sprinkled throu out the 80's, glam, sunset blvd scene but the genres own cliches drag it down. Being constantly loud, constantly soloing and constantly singing about parties turn boring after a while.

yes it was called the 70s. the 80s fucking sucked

Why is loud bad?

Attached: pia_klemp_is_one_of_the_few_female_boat_captainsx_when_only_1_in_100_sea_captains_are_women_.jpg_171 (600x340, 45K)