Good synthesizers

let's all give it up for the moog sub phatty!!! whooo yeah!!! ha yeah whooooo oyeah there we go whooo come on let's give a round of applause clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap yeahhh wooooo yeah yeah whloo clapclap clapc paclap clap eooow hwowow

Attached: Moog Sub Phatty.jpg (279x181, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

folktek.com/instruments/modular/mescaline
vimeo.com/209780088
youtube.com/watch?v=mP17q9YDHuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Really wanna buy a synth. Looking at the Minilouge or the Deepmind 6/12
Also not sure why I should get a synth when VST's sound just as good

This is my first legit hardware synth, and it's honestly a beast so far. I got it hooked up to ableton, so I can record and sequence it.

Attached: korgms20mini_01_0513-iZVfv8tljAddocOzuNDBtM6xrxndRb7U.jpg (1000x539, 297K)

I've owned a minilogue. haters will tell you it's a reddit synth and it might be, but it's pretty nice if you don't know what branches of synthesis you want to get into. Want to try polyphonic stuff? you can do that. want to try mono sounds? it can do that too. How about sequencing? it's limited, but you can learn if you like it. Overall it can do a little of everything but isn't fantastic at anything. build quality is alright though
i've played one of those and it sounds pretty good. It just felt a little flimsy but the sound was big.

I just picked my first analog synth up a month ago. Nothing nice or special, just a korg volca keys, but it works well and is fun to play around with. I'd love to get into modular

i-is this the comfy synth thread?

What’s everyone playing with tonight? Getting on with some Folktek & Ciat-Lonbarde

Attached: F100C4CD-8D8C-4340-8A9D-2DD47E22FF51.jpg (4032x3024, 3.44M)

for me, its the OWO+, the most powerful synth/sequencer ever made.

Attached: wooooooooo.jpg (1000x590, 107K)

>What’s everyone playing with tonight?
your moms cunt, you faggot.

why didnt you get the volca modular

Where does it get all of its power?

oh yeah how’s that going for ya?

Attached: 0A6FBC74-AD94-41B5-AEEA-8B15228A8D89.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

massive routing/control capabilities, you can patch everything with everything, and brutal soundshaping, punchy fucking sounds, it has everything. its a handsome machine too.

Played my cheapy Roland JV1010 through a Jomox T-res II into protools for sample harvesting purposes for about 90 mins

I love my t-res II, feedback can get nuts eh

Attached: 0EE28E60-9006-469B-80E9-3822ACBE40FD.jpg (4032x3024, 2.55M)

messed around with my Hammond organ while also playing my yamaha reface CP

Yeah the jomox needs limiter, had to isolate it to its own mixer into another mixer just to keep the thing from destroying my amp

(OP)
Besides the fun of it, what's the point of all this hardware when you can make anything with some generic midi gear and software(make your own)?

glad you posted, inspired me to grab mine and go ape

Attached: E707E616-1B7A-42F8-94AA-9CA7E35872EA.jpg (3281x3024, 2.5M)

What’s the point of some generic midi gear and software when you can make anything with hardware(make your own)?

money

Nothing is useless. Owning the real thing gives you a feel of accomplishment because you worked to aquire it. Soft synths are great too, use what you have at your disposal. It's about what you come up with in the end that matters most.
Awesome user. I usually keep the 2 paras low until I find something that needs to be killed

I love my ms20

Attached: PSX_20190714_001858.jpg (4032x3024, 2.48M)

casio vl-tone and nyx v2

Novation ultranova, reface DX and gameboy

I have 500 dollars and I need a good monosynth. What should I get?

MS20. Could get one used for about $300.

The Boog unironically

Attached: BehringerModelD_01-KpMPqNs9xNDsKI7jXXKkQy5HsOTdEOOF.jpg (1000x682, 335K)

I've been trying to record some ideas of mine lately and I was wondering how you sequence the synth. Do you have a full sequence going that you record the whole way through or do you do patterns that you stitch together afterwards? I always get in trouble with the release clashing at the end and start of the next bit

I might be retarded but I see very little point in monophonic synths, yet they seem to be all there is? How do people use them?

good for bass, good for leads. Their sounds are meant to be bulkier since they play less notes at one time, usually capable of taking up more frequencies.

basslines
solos
sequences
melodies
fxs
to name a few uses. Also you don't really want to play chords when you have an harmonics rich sound.
>yet they seem to be all there is
wat? all VAs are polyphonic, and several analogs are as well but tend to be pricy (for each voice you must duplicate almost the entire circuitry).

Think about how a full song of synth tracks would be made ... Typically there is only enough harmonic room for one track of chords, and the rest of the tracks will usually play one note at a time (lead, bass line, arpeggios). So in most cases, a monosynth would be used more than a polysynth

a used Moog little phatty or slim phatty w/midi keyboard

If you want to loop anything that has a longer release or decay, just record a few bars, and instead try pasting the next sequence halfway through instead of starting from the beginning.

Layering nigga

use step sequencers or a looping sequence from a daw. As for recording, it depends if there is any kind of performance happening on the synth. if you just want the looping part, record the loop you need. If you want that synth part to morph and grow with the song, record for the entire length of the song while tweaking knobs in real time. If you are trying to do a bunch of specific knob twists and cant seem to accomplish it with just two hands, only then midi sequence all of it.

Behringer Model D *is* a minimoog but with extras like a hipass filter, dedicated LFO, midi/usb and eurorack ins/outs

another MS-20 mini owner coming thru
idk if i should get another looper, sampler, drum machine, or drum pad.
cozy
it helps you to focus on the "synthesis" and sound design part of creation rather than piano/keyboard chops.

Because they're marketed to people who can't play.

t. violin manufacturer

>niggas spend thousands and can't even save presets
lmao get with the times old people

Attached: smug anime girl (129).jpg (551x600, 107K)

what’s playing with this afternoon user?

Attached: D05499CE-8D64-49F1-A24D-7FB570DFC649.jpg (3592x2694, 2.26M)

>he knows so little about synthesis he can’t patch the desired sound in the moment
wew lad

My pleb setup
Korg Volca Modular
Olegtron 4060Mk2
Bastl Kastl

Attached: 20190709_134300.jpg (4032x3024, 3.23M)

the first synthesizer was made in 1876.

looks fun, I’ve come to not hate using those DuPont jumper cables

Attached: 9FC4E439-7D01-4378-9CAE-0AFD69D7F1A3.jpg (2198x2750, 1.78M)

What in the h e double fuck is this beauty called??

Mescaline, it’s pretty incredible.
folktek.com/instruments/modular/mescaline

vimeo.com/209780088

Attached: E2583BB3-A6B8-4DF5-8F31-6D225979B415.jpg (4032x3024, 3.07M)

>700
I hate being a poorfag

He has some new euro modules coming out soon too, the full voice looks interesting.

Attached: CDEDC262-250C-43F7-B706-39EBE933E676.jpg (2553x2930, 2.45M)

what about the sub phatty? is it any better or are they comparable at all?

I'm a complete synth pleb but I want to buy one as a beginner. I have experience playing piano and am looking to drop around $500. Just wanna experiment and make some music, what would you guys recommend.

deepmind 6 or 12 if you feel like throwing some extra money

ok I'll check that out, thanks. I forgot to mention that I was looking at the minilogue xd. Is that a bad choice?

Me beneath the MS20 with millions of trance patches stored

while it's an ok synth it's very limited in the sound building capabilities it offers and uses a slim keybed which personally I don't like. if you want to modify every parameter with a knob it might be worth it but everything that's important has it's own slider on the deepmind. it essentially comes down to the choice whether you prefer a more powerful synth or being able to tweak everything with it's own specified knob.
if you choose the minilogue i would get the nkrmal version tho, the xd doesn't offer ebough to justify the price jump

I had the original minilogue and it was pretty good as a beginner synth. keep in mind you won't be able to play as many notes at one time with a minilogue XD or minilogue though

>Also not sure why I should get a synth when VST's sound just as good

theres literally no difference, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a damn liar, there are hundreds of blind tests online you can see and hear for yourself.

people mostly buy synths cause its fun to play with, but if you're a beginner and want one, don't spend a lot of money.
just buy something cheap and cozy

cheap and cozy? i'm thinking the akai timbre wolf... who else here a part of the pack? awwwooooooo

Attached: timbre wolf .jpg (275x183, 10K)

The Timbre Wolf kinda sucks, they rushed to the analog bandwagon and failed big way.
Just get a Microbrute, it's cheap and gets the job done. You can also do some crazy shit with the mini-patchbay and/or pass it through a g1on or similar and get tons of interesting sounds

it's not bad for ambient if you want an analog poly synth for less than 300 dollars so that you can spend most of your money on effects but yeah other than that I agree it's not much

hey boys just got my very first synth ! been dabbling on midi for too long and needed something more analogue so i saw this badboy at Bookmans and i had to have it. anybody got any good links for getting into synths?

Attached: IMG_20190714_134750.jpg (1250x938, 225K)

>failed big way
how so? i've seen some nice vids
youtube.com/watch?v=mP17q9YDHuA

Anyone here have any experience with pic related?
I’ve been looking to get one ever since i played a cz-3000 at a guitar center that was going for $175 (still kicking myself for not getting it). The reason i’m holding back from pulling the trigger is because i’ve heard these are quite difficult to program and find your way around, especially if you’re still a beginner within the synth world (i’m a guitarist).

Any opinions? Is there something that would be better suited for beginners?

Attached: 49C0A207-03DD-45FB-8275-C0063398D327.jpg (1600x1067, 164K)

That vid has a shitton of reverb so its hard to tell.
Maybe they fixed some stuff with firmware updates, but it had SERIOUS tuning issues, knobs that where useless (the distortion could've been a switch instead of a knob), the sequencer had its major flaws, etc. There is a reason why analog polys are expensive, they require a lot of work
>inb4 the Minilogue
Needed at least 4 firmware updates to correct it's bugs and they still pop up

>poly synth for less than 300
I'll take a microkorg anyday, being analog doesnt mean it's good. And the mk1 is a "swiss army knife" synth and sounds excelent. It was my gateway drug for hardware synths and always go back to it when I need to get shit done

It's good but yeah, not the easiest to program. If you're into dungeon-synth/darkwave/etc the presets on the CZ series are a godsend.
I only used a CZ-5000, it took me a while to find how to switch patches, imagine editing...

absolute retard newbie

I want to learn how to play an instrument. I want to play something that sounds like the keyboard they use in The Doors.
Should I first get some keyboard that imitates the sound of a normal piano to learn the basic stuff?

Just got this badboy, lulz.

Its pretty fun for making some DG fashion week type shit.

Pure analog bb.

And only 250$!

Attached: IMG_2005.jpg (3918x2824, 2.36M)

Pick up a free organ on Craigslist

Yeah i heard the editing is a nightmare but there are those programming manuals out there. I’ve never taken a look at them but i guess the idea of diving deep into something like this might be a good educational experience (or a frustrating nightmare).

Any suggestions on something comparable or more modern without the potential for a high learning curve?

Absolutely this. There are a slew of old home organs that people on craigslist are either giving away or selling for $150 or less.

Critter and Guitari Organelle

What are your favorite drum machines?

Attached: kawai r100.jpg (1600x1063, 684K)

metasonix

can the bass parts be played with the foot pedals?

>"absolute retard newbie"
>asks how to learn an instrument
Get a farfisa. They're pretty cheap and the name isn't household so they go for cheaper. as for bass pedals I don't know. Ray manzerak mostly used a rhodes bass with his left hand to cover the bass parts but I could be wrong. Maybe get a small mono synth for bass?

t. never experimented with knob twiddling