Who were the most technically accomplished nu metal band?

Who were the most technically accomplished nu metal band?

Attached: mv.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kICLkq7jCCc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

System of a Down, if they count

Deftones, because they evolved their music over the years and thus are still interesting to listen to today.

tool

but they are math metal
Not numetal at all
kinda numetal? Early albums maaaybe
Certaintly not numetal in the least

KORN

Numb is one of the most technical songs of the century

t. retard

Either Mudvayne or Flapjack. I lean towards Mudvayne's l.d 50 as an example of gunmetal with techy bits.

>Gunmetal
God damit

Mudvayne is math metal, not nu metal? What are you smoking, lad?

this

Well shit.
Nothingface?

The thing is, "pure" nu metal is kind of shitty. All the best nu metal bands had some outside influences, like Incubus with funk rock, Deftones with shoegaze or Mudvayne with prog. And there are also bands like System Of A Down and Chevelle, who are associated with the genre but not considered a part of it. It's like the whole genre was an experiment to see what sticks and what doesn't.

These are the only arguably good bands to come out of nu-metal

Limp Bizkit, most of the other bands just had amazing bassists or drummers, but not the whole deal.

Based nu metal tourist

He's right.

slipknot
mudvayne
korn
deftones
system of a down

Based. If it weren't for Fred Surst's bitchy voice and edgy lyrics they'd be much more fondly remembered. Instrumentally they're tighter than David Bowie's codpiece in Labyrinth.

Durst is an interesting case. He was the best frontman of the movement (and quite possibly the last rock frontman with legit prescience) and the worst singer at the same time.

No, he isn't. Slipknot were the best nu metal band, you guys just care too much about image to admit it. I mean, saying deftones are good because of shoegaze influences is a pretty retarded thing to say.

>Who were the most technically accomplished nu metal band?

Mudvayne, without question. LD 50 is the only nu-metal album with anything technically impressive on it, they sold out and became more radio friendly after, but the point remains

Slipknot some might say, but that's not true, only thing going on there is Joey's drums, rest of the band are bums.

As for SOAD and Deftones, those bands are no more technically impressive than any other nu-metal band musically, they're just the hipster contrarian choice for Yea Forumscore faggots to ballwash, but they did nothing impressive with their instruments.

All that being said, you don't have to be technical to be good, but to answer your question OP, it was Mudvayne. They were literally sold as "math metal" back in the day.

numetal could often be technically proficient, but all that means is that technicality is irrelevant to whether music is actually good.

Brr brr DENG

>saying deftones are good because of shoegaze influences is a pretty retarded thing to say
I agree, but the genre is broad enough to consider many bands as the best. I think the best one was Korn, mostly because they kept moving forward, despite how shitty the later half of their career sounds.
>Slipknot some might say, but that's not true, only thing going on there is Joey's drums, rest of the band are bums.
The bassist that ODed was legit. I think he was their main writer for the longest time.

Any band that grew out of nu metal.

>grows INTO numetal in your path

Attached: 1558999815257.jpg (500x500, 86K)

Yeah, he's got legitimate stage presence and can work a crowd pretty well whilst simultaneously writing cringy lyrics and rapping with a generic whiny white boy voice.

brbr DENG?

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 22K)

they are all awful

>Slipknot were the best nu-metal band
PEOPLE=SHIT
PEOPLE=SHIT
PEOPLE=SHIT

Sepultura

Funny, because Nu-Metal is the only Metal sub-genre that I actually enjoy. Not very much of a fan of Metal in general to be honest.

Mudvayne were great
Limp Bizkit minus Fred Durst are great musicians. Wes Borland's guitar work is creative and Sam Rivers is a really underrated bass player.

youtube.com/watch?v=kICLkq7jCCc

Came here to say this, surprised you’re the only other one