What were your biggest vinyl buying mistakes?

What were your biggest vinyl buying mistakes?

Attached: C5D59E5D-307C-42E1-A9A0-3B21010EE61A.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r8j_Dht3ETs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

falling for the vinyl meme in the first place

A Different Kind of Truth is pretty good though

Buying reissues of shit albums that collector's hype up because of rarity.

For Friends and Relatives and Shades of Blue cost 1000-2000 euros, but musically they suck ass.

Probably Pearl jam - lighting bolt
It's one of the worst albums I ever heard I'm still not sure why I bought it...

youtu.be/r8j_Dht3ETs
kek it’s real

so this is what happens when an art hoe gets a rich husband?

buying sublimes greatest hits because it was record store day and the store didnt have any of my records.

This whole thing has one of the most disgusting auras I have ever perceived.

>but musically they suck ass.
You deserve to lose money for being a retard.

Buying any modern work on vinyl. Obsolete medium will not make shit production sound good. Learn to music, cucks.

>tfw can't bring myself to even buy album on CD unless I've been listening to it a lot for weeks on end

Attached: 1561663561784.jpg (412x700, 54K)

elaborate please

Spent a few hundred on rare gerogrigegege records over the course of 3 years, had a few of the white whales or w e they are called, and then in a fit of rage my gf smashed and destroyed half of them. Never thought I could get so gutted over losing material goods. Fuck me bros it still stings

buying a vinyl copy of year zero for over 100 dollars

>The painting on that wall
>Art hoe
More like goodwill hoe

fpbp

some shitty ac/dc album I bought in France

Attached: 1562883344694.png (882x758, 16K)

Pic related for like $60+ bc it was the only thing I kind of recognised at a shit store

Attached: CF9B409D-DD06-46E3-95DB-EAFFCE504CDD.jpg (220x220, 11K)

Sell it, you'll get your money back.

Ayyy is it just me who'd pipe her uh ha ha

/thread

people likes to collect diferent stuff m8

Kill yourself zoomertrash. Spotify sucks and so does you.

i remember that thread

I’m 31, I like vinyl and Spotify. I’ll take you outside and show you what it’s really like.

I like TMR, but why would I feel angry about this nice looking mom.

bruh dont get srs abt banter baka

buying any vynils in the first place despite not owning an actual record player

Only because it was based on old demos for their debut album.

>buy a copy of "Chairs Missing" by Wire
>store says its a 1978 copy
>no barcode on the back
>looks legit
>get home and decide to play it
>fucking orange vinyl

Colored reissues were a mistake.

this. it isn’t like most vinyl whores out there

Liking older women is high IQ.

> generally like the hollies
> actually spent $40 on this
> massive disappointment
> only listened to once

Attached: the-hollies-shake-with-the-hollies.jpg (2448x2448, 806K)

Post your best finds vinylbros!

Mine;

Benny Golson - Gone with Golson, original print on New Jazz in stellar condition. Retail is 300 euros, I payed 2 euros.

Ned Doheny Hard Candy in Near Mint condition. I payed 1 euro and sold it for 45 euros.

Test Pressing of Kenny Dorham Lotus Blossom Analogue Production reissue. Theese fuckers costs like 50 euros new, I payed like 5 euros for mine.

These are my top scores.

holy shit

Probably preordering some of the albums that later turned up at a local mail order. Lost like $10-15 on each because of the ridiculous shipping rates. It's really difficult to tell what will turn up here though, and for how much, so I usually take the safe route.

The one time it really sucked was for the newest APTBS album, because they made an entire second disc exclusive to limited edition, so if I actually wanted to have it for a normal sum of money I had to shell out like 20 bucks for shipping alone.

TFW shit country with no old vinyl stock so finding good cops is impossible.
I got some rare (though not valuable) experimental records from discogs on the cheap though, they weren't even anywhere on the net, that was nice.

I'll stomp you anyday bitch.

That's nice anyway, my favorite finds are those cheap records that nobody wants but that are musically superb anyway.

Like I pick up some jazz-record on discogs for 8 euros and it's a masterpiece. That's the nicest feeling, value doesn't matter. It's about getting a lot of spins for little money.

This is still my rarest find and I have yet to meet anyone else who has Ken (of By Request Only fame)'s second album

Attached: kenny.png (747x682, 861K)

Honestly most of these cops aren't all that good musically, but they were cheap and unavailable, so I got them and ripped them to preserve it.