When did this guy stop being so popular? He's the second highest selling music artist of all time...

When did this guy stop being so popular? He's the second highest selling music artist of all time, surpassed only by The Beatles. In fact, I like his music more than The Beatles. I used to listen to him sing first thing in the morning and again before bed. But one day, the music stopped. Now nobody listens to his music. It's like nobody even remembers him.

Attached: garth_brooks.jpg (267x267, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

billboard.com/articles/news/7525599/garth-brooks-beatles-historic-seventh-diamond-album
dailymotion.com/video/x5wxglm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

was it kino?

Attached: 1A70BE3D-7B1E-4F96-AD63-8E9E166A5B2F.png (213x212, 120K)

literally who

who?

pop-country doesn’t age well past the 60s. Nobody talks about any of the 90s country anymore

You wouldn't post this in a krautrock thread

>When did this guy stop being so popular?
Since when? He sells out stadiums wherever he goes, for multiple nights at a time. It's insane. He's just not promoted by the music industry anymore.

Can I get a source on that second highest selling artist of all time thing? Literally nobody outside the USA knows who this guy is.

Why won't they promote him? He's like this living legend but you never hear his music at all

yeah because krautrock was a movement that actually mattered lol

billboard.com/articles/news/7525599/garth-brooks-beatles-historic-seventh-diamond-album

He's actually bigger than the Beatles in almost every way. I remember reading somewhere that he was big in the UK and other parts of europe, both western and eastern europe

not only that but he IS better than the beatles in every last meaningful way. he had more influence than the beatles. he has had a bigger, longer career than the beatles. he has sold out many, many more stadiums than the beatles. the music industry doesn't promote him because they are scared of him dominating them even more!

Actually the other way around. More people know Brooks than even know have heard krautrock. It's only important to music nerds, not that importance is a sign of quality.

Part of the answer is he’s not on streaming

hes on tour right now playing stadiums you fool

Neon Moon and Friends In Low Places would disagree with you my friend.

Garth Brooks is unironically great, but he's not better or more influential than the Beatles you fucking retard.

Attached: 1525575043083.jpg (1024x1024, 240K)

GB is also a vamous baseball player, having played on 4 major league teams - San Diego Padres (1999) New York Mets (2000) and Kansas City Royals (2004) and this year he played for Pittsburgh Pirates.

Let's be real - John Lennon never really did shit with his life and talents compared to GB. Paul McCartney never did shit with his life either and his solo career was hot garbage compared to GB's.

And the Sgt Pepper's Band alter egos weren't anywhere near as fleshed out as GB's Gaines. Brooks is just a higher level of artist and a renaissance man when compared to pretty much anybody...

Attached: Garth-Brooks-Mets.jpg (980x653, 86K)

It's Cliff's Notes music

Taylor Swift is more influential then Garth Brooks is.

He's popular in the same way that Indian or Chinese artists/films etc. that you've never fucking heard of are popular. Literally every single redneck listens to him and a smattering of others but mostly nobody else.

maybe in your liberal big city bubble

No, NOT in my big city bubble, that's the point.

Ignorant opinion of a genre tourist

Cowboy hats will never not look gay.

Ya I think they kinda shut him down cuz he controls his masters, prince style. But country fans remember and respect him

krautrock is fucking shit. Grow some balls and listen to jazz instead of that nonsense.

See
GB has a much bigger catalogue of hits versus the Beatles and he did it all by himself not with a group of talented guys like The Beatles. No scandals and no infighting among the GB backing band which can you say this about The Beatles? You simply can't.

GB has had a much greater reach than The Beatles all while not being promoted at all by the music industry. The Beatles were shoved down the public's throats for 99.9% of their career with their stupid "British Invasion" marketing concept.

GB is so famous that he had to literally become another guy and develop a second persona even. If you read the Chris Gaines biography it's amazing in its depth. Watch the VH1 special on Chris Gaines and you'll be better informed to make up your mind as to who's a better and more influential musician.

Attached: 28-beatles-brooks.w330.h330.jpg (330x330, 34K)

Maybe one day they’ll make a movie about how different modern music would be if Garth Brooks didn’t exist.

And the movie would be 5 minutes long because nobody can even remember his songs

garth brooks brought country music to the mainstream and therefore brought country music into big cities.
he singlehandedly, without the help of the music industry, moved country music from johnny cash and mearle haggard types into his own personal innovative type of country music.
every single country music artist today emulates garth brooks, and a number of pop acts emulate him too.
to me and to most people who enjoy music history, garth brooks is the most influential writer, performer, and producer of all time.

Attached: the king of music.jpg (1000x563, 387K)

i thought george strait was the king tho

based and redpilled

>every single country music artist today emulates garth brooks, and a number of pop acts emulate him too

He even influenced rock. He'll the top hip hop song on the charts right now is a black kid trying to be like him.

george is more handsome too..

something tells me they’re not mutually exclusive

Blackballed both ways. You can't even find his music around because he refuses to license it.

I love this thread. I'm taking the garthpill.

Neon moon is brooks and Dunn tho. But they’re also kickass

The Chase [Capitol, 1992]
Burdened by the responsibilities he believes come with success, Brooks leads with the first song in Nashville history to inveigh, however discreetly, against not just racism but homophobia. There's nothing as wicked as "Papa Loved Mama," which didn't bat an eye when mama fucked around or papa ran her over with his truck. But "Somewhere Other Than the Night," about sex on the farm, and "Learning to Live Again," about a divorcé's blind date, typify the smarts of a guy who knows not all suburbanites are as stupid as Michael Bolton believes. Having mastered the kind of nice-guy aura that has escaped pop superstars since the days of Como and Cole, Brooks could yet get away with being a liberal. B+

Attached: christgau89894.jpg (1400x963, 169K)

He chose to put his music career on hold after the 90s until his last kid finished high school. It's called being a parent. The industry moved on of course, which is why he isn't talked about anymore but the fact that he can come back after 20 years and sell out any venue he plays is hard to ignore.

The song where he loses his virginity to a milf is great

this thread is the funniest fucking thing I've seen in months thank you OP

Garth Brooks played a show at a college football stadium near me last month. 60,000 people showed up. That's more people than can attend the fucking football team that plays there. I'd hardly say he's forgotten, you just live in a little bubble, and every hick outside that bubble still has at least two garth CDs in their F150

Yea Forums is reaching Yea Forums levels of top quality memery.

>Chris Gaines and his rebellious friend Tommy started a rock band in 1985 Los Angeles during their high school years. The band, called Crush, played local clubs until eventually getting their big break. After gaining some fame, Tommy dies in a plane crash, completely shattering Gaines.

>Gaines, who never had the approval of his father, set out to make a solo record which sold 12 million copies. (That's probably the first absurdity in the whole story). His father eventually dies of cancer, and Gaines' unrequited love for his dad eventually spirals into a serious sex addiction (seriously).

>Gaines then discovers he was getting screwed by his manager in a horrible contract and settles to get out of it. While furiously attempting to record another album, Gaines leaves the studio in the early hours of the morning and suffers a horrific car crash. He has to undergo reconstructive face surgery.

poor guy, his dad wasn't cool to him and he ended up becoming obsessed with performing sex acts
the documentary on him is pretty intense (and hilariously heavy on the sex addiction part): dailymotion.com/video/x5wxglm

Attached: chris gaines.jpg (780x437, 46K)

Alice in Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Social Distortion
The Jayhawks
Hootie and the Blowfish
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
My Morning Jacket
Kid Rock
Drive-By Truckers
Kings of Leon
Staind
Ween

All of these and many more are contemporary rock bands directly influenced by Garth Brooks.

Attached: Garth-final-header.jpg (940x470, 87K)