What do you think of this album? Was Mr. Brightside too popular for its own good?

What do you think of this album? Was Mr. Brightside too popular for its own good?

Attached: The_Killers_-_Hot_Fuss.png (220x220, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9zNwZomsONA
youtube.com/watch?v=WhqTeAYs6eU
youtube.com/watch?v=GlKSidZVIxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6rG1xnVyVuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

COMING OUT OF MY CAGE AND SOMEBODY TOLD ME YOU HAD A BOYFRIEND

WHO LOOKED LIKE A GIRLFRIEND

The album's a classic.
In fact, the first 3 are all fantastic.

Seriously though as a bong you can go out to a bar for a night without hearing Mr Brightside at least one time. It was released 15 years ago ffs music from that period is very unmemorable.

tracks one through five are incredibly strong
fades off a bit after that

not many of those bands from around that time in the "indeh" circut have stuck around and had sustained success
always thought it was a shame hot hot heat peaked with "make up the breakdown" and that album never really got the credit it deserved

Please stand for the national anthem of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Attached: a17913515d1817606742e7490a492075.jpg (512x341, 132K)

very much up there with sweet caroline

>Sweet Caroline
>Mr Brightside
>Come on Eileen

Ugh I'm getting memories of sticky floors and WKD blues.

Attached: 1551563052121.webm (720x1280, 2.93M)

Actually a good album
Unironically a 6/10 and Mr. Brightside is Wonderwall if our time

'Andy, You're a Star' is 10/10 what are you talking about.

The fuck is happening in that video

Attached: DXZ3IVmXUAIN4qG.jpg (680x680, 37K)

and Believe Me Natalie

Mr. Brightside isn't even their best song to be honest

I thought this was a sweet song about a guy moving away from a girl until I found out that it's written about some AIDS riddled whore and "this is your last chance to dance to disco" is meant 100% literally.

Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine is peak post-punk revival.

>blocks your bassline
youtube.com/watch?v=9zNwZomsONA

how the fuck is a 6/10 good? fix your rating system brother

I love this album. Probably more out of nostalgia than anything else, I remember hearing a lot of these songs on the radio when I was a kid. Still though, great album I would argue that it's superior to Sam's Town (which the consensus seems to be that Sam's Town is the best Killers album to my knowledge). I love this album, Midnight Show is easily one of my favorite songs of the 2000s.

What does it mean for a song to be too popular for its own good?

After the singles and Andy You're a Star, the album goes off a fucking cliff. Mr. Brightside makes them so much money they can really do whatever they want so I don't have an issue with it being ungodly popular. Going to a Killers concert and hearing the entire crowd singing it along with Flowers is a kino experience.
Sams Town is a fantastic album, much better than Hot Fuss even if the singles aren't as good

This

like overplayed to the point where it gets annoying. I personally disagree with Mr. Brightside though I love that song to this day. If I were to name an actually overplayed track I would have to go with like Despacito or something. On its own its like a 4, maybe 5/10 but the fact that I had to listen to it all fucking summer last year makes it a 2/10 for me.

why do bongs live mr. brightside so much?
it’s been on the charts there continuously for 15 years

Main one from that era I can think of who still regularly break the Top 10 or 20 is Maxïmo Park, they've matured like a fine wine into a British equivalent to R.E.M. with the folksy and soft electronic influences while still pumping out new-wave/post-punk rockers as good as their debut stuff from time to time.

youtube.com/watch?v=WhqTeAYs6eU
youtube.com/watch?v=GlKSidZVIxQ

Hope you lads are ready for 00s indie to make a comeback, because it's starting :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=6rG1xnVyVuw

A great album, a 9/10. Their second best. Also Mr. Brightside is a great song and I think it deserves the praise it gets.