I don't get it. Why does Yea Forums praise rap so much, like it's up there along with actual music?

I don't get it. Why does Yea Forums praise rap so much, like it's up there along with actual music?

Attached: playboi-carti-die-lit.jpg (896x961, 142K)

It started with some faggot implying one sample used for one song unironically made that album shoegaze trap
Then fantano reviewed it and liked it making it way bigger than it deserved to be
Making his shitty zoomer fanbase fall in love with Carti and unironically pretending that album is good

The album you posted is satanic and is actually hypnosis that people use to trigger violence. Its called Die Lit. That's what we do now.

>Fantano's fanbase having shitty taste
Why i'm not surprised?

Die lit AOTY

I don't know, you tell me.

Attached: 999999333.jpg (664x260, 24K)

If this piece of shit is the future of music we are living in the wrong timeline

When hip-hop was growing (up to no later than the very early 2000s) it must have genuinely been very intriguing. Almost like Rock in that it was captivating and catchy, and the beats were really satisfying. I think some of the sampling was awesome, on stuff like Illmatic. Those artists really went to some obscure old albums to find the substance for their tracks. Now people will take really well known songs, which is just shit because we know it too well.

Now it's an established genre and it'll soon be as run into the ground as boomer rock became. There should be no special treatment anywhere, this shit is fucking boring now and that's all there is to say. We need a new genre of music, one that actually has significantly different characteristics to what we've been hearing for decades. Now the label "genre" has been reduced down to the smallest of differences, like how can shoegaze trap be a fucking genre? A few albums (or less) of a certain combination of sounds is now deemed an established style of music

as says, it's stupid, and although he seems like a decent guy at heart, that sickly, overly diplomatic baldy Fantano is to blame for a fair bit of it.

The funny thing is, people on here are always asking what's so great about To Pimp a Butterfly. The answer is it's actually pretty distant from hip-hop. Musically, it exists further outside its time than most stuff. I don't like hip-hop, I don't care about KL's political messages, but in fairness to him, I've not seen that level of eclecticism in an album that often. He might not have played it, but I respect the product

>actual music
Pic unrelated? Just because you criticize rap, that doesn't legitimize your taste for other kinds of garbage.

not a bad argument but
>Making his shitty zoomer fanbase fall in love with Carti and unironically pretending that album is good
nigga, people zoomers already loved this album because "lmao sounds like MBV xd" even before Fantano reviewed it

They're all zoomers who have never known a music landscape when rap wasn't the dominant genre. It's not their fault they were raised on garbage.

People dont understand trap and think they do cause they listened to this crap 3 times. Its a terrible record

Fantano dislikes Die Lit, what.

What the fuck is with this board lol

Trap rap has one of the worst sounds of any genre I can think of. It reminds me of how fucking corny and dated 1980s synthpop sounds. Trap rap is the 2010s version of that. It will age like complete dogshit.

ok gramps, time for bed

give it some more time, grows on you

Sure, one criticism of hip-hop is that the beats are too repetetive.

But there's a lot of artists in the genre that do evolve their instrumentals over the course of their tracks.

And not all rap artists are only singing about money, doing drugs and fucking girls. And the life stories are sometimes hard to get into. But Kendrick does find ways to appeal to a wider audience, and Flatbush Zombies have a good thing going.

But, seriously, the peak of the genre, the black rap artist that singles out the adolescent white boys and sends them for the ultimate guilt trip...

It's Death Grips. Seriously, taking a hard listen to their music as a self-aware white male will change your life. Forever.

Ride's lyrical ability is unmatched, the instrumentals Zach and Andy put forth are as experimental as they are catchy.

Even if you have a hard time listening to most rap, you have to give Death Grips a try.

Read the lyrics as he yells them. The effect is lost when you don't understand what he's saying, which is understandably common.

Attached: 0_c6pyNzfb7ushL47-.jpg (1772x1149, 431K)

Die it is not rap, it is light-shoegaze and vocal instrumentals

>Fantano dislikes Die Lit, what.
I saw one of his videos from a few months ago titled "albums I changed my mind on" or some shit and Die Lit was on there. He spouted all the memes we post about it here and said it "grew on him". He's one of those fags where the music takes 10847327 listens before it "clicks".

He gave it a 7/10....

This but unironically