How do you guys tell their voices apart?

how do you guys tell their voices apart?

Attached: download (1).jpg (1482x1482, 351K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zqVDvLDLsjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not like you have to.

ears

How do you not?

One says weird shit
One talks about girls
One hardly sings anything
One doesn’t at all

John's is somewhat nasal and raspy. Paul's is very full and clear and very controlled. George's timbre is a lot darker than the other two and his range is more limited. Ringo sounds like a retarded child.

your face

>Paul McCartney has the best voice
>John Lennon second best
>George Harrison third
>Ringo Starr sounds awful

John's voice has a sandpaper quality.
Paul's is much softer.
George's is a shade of Lennon's only darker.
Ringo sounds like a foghorn.

Not when they were in their fab phase, at least for John. That's the only period of their career it's kinda hard to tell the difference, which is also what OP posted.

stop being mean to ringo itt

I hate that period so much I pretend it doesn’t exist

Besides just hearing descriptions of their voices, I would also just look up who does lead vocals on each track and memorize that. It'll make it easier to recognize them just by their sound alone

I also used to have trouble telling them apart. Just give it time.

Shit teste.

John has the best voice. Paul is the best singer, though.

pleb

Ringo is an obvious one but it wasn't easy for me to tell when George was singing for a long time. Lennon is a lot more nasal than McCartney, and has a more noticeable Liverpool accent when he sings sometimes.

People in here are saying George's voice is darker than Lennon's, I'd agree with that.

Ringo has the best voice of the Beatles, it's also the most iconic thanks to Yellow submarine alone.

Based Ringo bro

If you can't tell them apart, you just haven't listened to them very much. Occasionally, I'll confuse George and John, but only if they're singing supporting parts.

They're all quite different, though I strangely used to have trouble telling John and George apart. I can't tell if I've listened to them so much I can easily tell or if I've just long since memorized who sings each song so I don't have to try and tell. Harrison sings with a much thicker accent though.

There's really no excuse for not being able to tell Paul and Ringo apart from the others though.

trying to say all white guys sound the same to you?

I know, I thought Do You Want to Know a Secret was John until a little while ago.

what does this even mean?

It means Paul knows how to use his a lot better. He's the only virtuosic singer in the group.

A bit offtopic but I think I finally understood whence did the gook mushroom haircut come

why do you type like this

What's wrong with it

it's weird
are you phoneposting?

NO, it's just a habit of mine to press Shit when I start sentences

A singer can have a great voice without being a good singer. David Byrne has a great voice but he doesn't even worry about pitch or key when he sings--he's a great vocalist who is not a good singer.

John Lennon (and ringo) have great voices! So does Paul. Lennon's voice is great and very unique.

Paul McCartney is an excellent singer with tons of range and can switch between several different well-developed modes and styles.

Lennon doesn't have that range but has a great voice.

John Lennon has a distinct nasally twang.

Paul and George are the only ones I get mixed up on.

I can always tell when John is singing but sometimes think George is John, but not the other way around.

by listening to literally just one of each of their songs and getting to know their voices?

these posts get dumber and dumber.

Are you from a site whence cone upvotes?

Ye

If there's the sound of wifebeating in the background, it's John.

It comes from listening to the Beatles for years. Ringos voice is obviously deeper, which makes it much more distinct. It’s the deepest voice in the Beatles. Listen to Boys, Matchbox, really any early song from that era and you’ll hear what I mean.
Paul and John have very similar voices, and they sing the most, which makes it an easy bet that it’s either Paul or John singing. Of those two, Paul has the deeper voice. Listen to Till There Was You or I’ll Follow the Sun, it’s obviously Paul rather than John or George.
Unfortunately I don’t know much about language, so I’m not sure what quality it is that makes George’s voice different from Johns, they’re similarly pitched, but they just sound different to me. Listen to Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby and compare it to any of Johns songs like Twist and Shout, it’s just different in a way
Of course, I’ve been listening to the Beatles on repeat since I was a baby, so it’s easier for me. I can just listen to a Beatles song and know who it is singing

Oh my fucking God, I would have bet my life that Paul sang Twist and Shout. Turns out I'm a fucking idiot. I cannot believe this.

I like all their voices.

i always mistake john and george

>Everybody's Trying to be My Baby isn't John
what the fuck

how much more popular do you think the beatles would have been if they were all actually attractive?

not very

are took the same

by not being a deaf faget

Cringe

best voice:
Paul > George > John > Ringo

>for years
You're exaggarating. I started listening to them a few months ago and at first I mixed them up but now I can distinguish nearly perfectly who's singing. I can also pretty accurately guess who wrote the song just from how it sounds

Paul and Ringo are kinda obvious
George sounds like John doing a scottish accent

once you know who's singing you can just guess that the person singing wrote it and be right 90% of the time

They couldn't really have been much more popular than they were.

It's a bit lispy, in a way. You can very clearly see it later on. John's not necessarily less nasal, but it comes a fair bit from the throat.

paul and ringo are distinctly different from everyone else. john and george have a more similar thing going on but its pretty clear who is who after a while

youtube.com/watch?v=zqVDvLDLsjI
if you can't listen to this and tell them apart in the harmonies then you are just useless

Well, I’m basing it off my own experience, which began when I was around 3 years old. I’m sure other people can learn to distinguish them faster than I could. I’ve been listening for longer than years, I’ve been listening for decades

Their voices get much easier to distinguish as they get older. Starting with Sgt Pepper, I don’t know how a reasonable person could confuse them

>Of those two, Paul has the deeper voice
wrong, John was a baritone and needed Paul for all the high harmonies